I decided to quit smoking till i graduate highschool

Discussion in 'General' started by jsmooth23, Jan 20, 2012.

1. So I've been smoking 2 years and almost everyday for the past year and it kind of changed my life. I was getting in trouble with my parents because I was smoking everyday and my parents can tell if i did it the day before or not. I mean I smoked because I enjoyed getting high like everybody else and i didnt really see a reason to stop. Though I smoked almost everyday for the past year I still play sports all season around football/crosscountry, basketball, and track being my best sport. I have straight A's right now even though my classes arent that hard since I'm a senior.

My dad told me to do it in moderation and there's a time and place for everything. My mom absolutely hates it and treats all drugs the same whether its marijuana, coke, etc. On tuesday i got caught by the police with a friend well i was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. Since my dad works on a military base this put his job in jeopardy and this was a very embarrasing experience for him. I might get kicked out of highschool or get community service and take a class or something. I'm really not a bad kid never steal, I don't do drugs besides this, and I'm cool with everybody. Now I have to wait for the captain of the base to decide the results and I feel very horrible and guilty. I lost my trust from my parents. I know it's jes the herb but I put his job in jeopardy and this could change my life. I have less than 5 months to graduate so I might as well wait and gain trust back from my family than smoke more since there's alot of time in my life to smoke. It's been day 3 and I'm not really craving it anymore jes loss of appetite and harder to go to sleep but other than that it's all good I'll appreciate it more after this long ass t-break. I'm suspended for now for 5 school days so I'm jes bored at home but smoking isnt worth putting my family in pain. I love the herb though so after I get off dis base and go to college ima be:smoke:

2. Weed isn't something that should put your father's career in jeopardy, but since it is, you're making the right choice. Going five months without smoking is the least you could do for the man who raised you. You sound like a good kid who got caught in an unfortunate situation. Best of luck to you.

3. Yea usually it isn't but since it's a military base we have to go by der rules no matter wat the rules outside the gate is

4. Sounds like a very grown-up resolution to a problem. If people tell you to fuck off and keep smoking, that's their right to do so. But we all know that smoking takes time and makes you need more sleep, so obviously it puts a strain on you mentally/physically. Want the best results? Study through the week, put time aside at the start of your weekend to revise and then get high on late Saturday/Sunday.

You'll keep your A's and a little of what you love. I find it simply too hard to do one thing all-out. Studying all out will put a mental strain on you too, smoking can help you relax as long as you put it at sensible times during this crucial period for your future.

5. Nah I've been caught too many times saying I'm not gona do it anymore, dis time I needa man up for wat I did and respect my parents words. I'm doing this more for my parents than me cuz i saw how hurt they were and if i get caught again I'm definitely getting kicked off the base and my dad can loose his job too. I also have many important things in my life I lied way too much to my parents 99% about smoking but I hate lying and I don't want to hurt them anymore than this. I have a beautiful girlfriend I've been dating for 20months I play sports all around and I have great friends. If I do get to still do track which starts in like 3 weeks I could focus more on track instead of worrying about if my session is gonna affect my running. I need to look at wats important in my life now and look at my priorities. I mean the herb is always gonna be there but I don't wana miss out on my life or regret something cuz of the herb. Once I'm off this base in college I'm going to start again so I guess it's an advantage on the T-break cuz my highs lately were getting more shorter and weaker

6. anyone take a 5+month t-break before how was it coming back was it almost like the first time? and how fast did tolerance build back up i kno alot of ppl say tolerance breaks don't work becuase after a couple days it goes back up to normal but i hear that after 2 week-1month t-break I dont kno that many people that take 5+month t-breaks but if anyone has how was it coming back?

7. at least you're responsible! man i hate hearing these kind of stories about weed, makes it look like a bad drug!

idk about a 5 month break but i've taken a 1 month break after smoking non stop dank. and when i first hit it felt like my first time. it took a while for my tolerance to build back up but i think that depends on the person.

best of luck man!

8. You're a responsible, grown-up dude. I respect the fuck outta that. And you're gonna be high as fuuuuck the first time you smoke again.

9. I kno my mom see's it the same as lik pills, cocaine, and other hardcore drugs since her cousin is a druggie and does nothin but stay at home and take pills and lives wit his mom at 30+. I tried explaining many times I'm not addicted and i can quit anytime i want i jes can't find a reason to. Well if this is changing the relationship between my family and I I'd rather stay close to my family and wen i move out smoke anytime i want without my rents telling me not to. I also want to prove to my parents I don't need it since dey kno now I've been smoking everyday for about a year and been usin it for 2 years

10. nice. much better than the rest of the kiddies...

"ZOMG i'z on probashun guyz!1!11!!1! i just smok3d liek 3 bluntz guyz! i gotz drug test tomorrow HOW DOEZ I PASS!"

11. lol are you serious?

12. I feel you. I went through the same thing with my parents through highschool. My dad isn't in the military or anything, but the disappointment in my moms and dads eyes weren't good at all. Definitely better to stay out of trouble. If you have straight A's, then your good to go to college. Unfortunately for me through, in high school I wasn't motivated for shit. 2 year community college here I come :smoke:

13. Yea hopefully i get der trust back I feel like total shit right now

14. U sound very responsible, we need more teens like u in the world

I was gonna suggest picking up a hobby to distract urself from s
    Smoking, preferrably something u r just as passionate about

15. it sux how this cuda been prevented very easily but I hav to go through dis shit. It must really suck for people in prison for making a dumb decison when they arent a bad person

16. I jes don't wana ruin my family relationship over some herb I could use all I want after I graduate and get off dis base

17. what branch is ur dad in?

18. Well he's not in the military anymore he's out now but he used to be he's a GS12 civilian that works onbase now