I dare you to post the true reason you reject Christianity

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by ReturnFire333, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Those things were just gods way of testing your faith... apparently.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Well, I guess I failed. lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Me too mate. He killed my niece last year, my sister the year before, my son the year before that and just found out my mum's gonna be dead soon. And for some inexplicable reason it doesn't make me want to start praising him and spreading his gift of joy.
    Go figure eh :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Sorry to hear about all that man. What'd you do to deserve such blessings?

5. #1125 ReturnFire333, Jun 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    I praise Christ Jesus, loudly, and by no other name is Lord. And my family is lifted up, my money is in due season, and my days are long. How loudly must I say 'compound (in spirit) and repent?!'

But why would I want to? Who do I have to impress? Who can impress over me? When can they?

6. I have friends who are Christians. I am a Buddhist. I get along with them just fine. I don't hate Christianity, I just disagree with it. Religion gives people hope especially in times of distress. I think the Bible should just be updated to conform to modern scientific theories. The Vatican or someone should get on top of that issue and decree more meditations on what it means to be Christian in this time. Peace.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Not entirely sure mate. It was gods will though so it can only be a good thing apparently. Just that my puny intellect doesn't stretch far enough for me to be able to comprehend it. If I would only accept the Lord then I would be able to see why it was for the greater good.
    According to Christians anyway.

8. Bhudism is the way forward mate. Bit too much of a lifestyle change for me but I fully agree with it. What I know of it anyway.
    I'm an athiest and hollistic but our worlds aren't too far apart.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I've struggled with agnosticism before I found Buddhism. A central tenet in Buddhism is meditation, something I do not partake in. I am a lay Buddhist meaning that I don't accept refuge in the Dharma but I look to their precepts for understanding. It helps me a lot with feelings of depression and hopelessness in this chaotic world of chance. I don't really believe in any God, just have respect for myself and others, all of humanity who are not out to hurt others, especially those with competing philosophies. Peace.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Christianity was just a tool that is use to manipulate people.
    The is a creator but i think man has change the conception of this. Code me anywhere I said so

11. Really a Bot on Grasscity???

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. You don’t need religion to be a good person.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  13. When you have seen the things I've seen it's not possible to believe in a 'Just' or 'Humane' god. Christianity is Sun worship at heart. Jesus "the SUN of god" you see.

14. Blaming things on god - isn’t how it works

• Like Like x 1
  15. Anyone responding to this thread should go back and read the thing from the start

16. I'm not an alcoholic.

17. I agree. Don't blame a god for the bad, nor praise him for the good.

18. Because the premise of a deity that desires worship, and punishes disbelief is disgusting. I could go on, but that's enough. The Christian god is disgusting based on the bible.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. It's not based on the bible. Most Atheists have already shown where the christian belief crosses with various babylonian and egyptian lore and myth. Which I'm staying is not in the scripture. For example Dec 25th being "Jesus B day" also being Mithras Bday the Sun God and then analogizing such.
    In Luke's account (Luke 1:26) we learn Gabriel went to Mary in the 6th month, the 6th month of the Hebrew Calendar is Elul which corresponds to September
    9 months later and you're in Sivan which corresponds with may/june.
    As for the 6th, Yahshua is called the Second Adam and as Adam was made in the 6th day Of the VISION ( christians also believe it took Yahweh 6 days to make everything but that's not in the scripture) Yahshua was born on the 6th day of the month of his delivery. June 6th

There's much much much more but something so elementary should show you the discrepancy with attributing whats in the scripture with what Christians believe.

20. From my understanding, Christen religion changes over time and is slightly different too suit the local laws in different countries, so the christen believe 1000 years ago will be totally different than today.

Say I had a stroke as a baby, caused miner brain damage and this reduce my level of empathy, when I was 16, somebody grabbed my younger sister and I hit them around the head, they died, in some countries, would say self defence, others man slaughter. The stroke as a baby made the difference between going to heaven or hell, but does that also depend on what country and laws at the time?
    Why would there be a hell, what a waste of time, if there a god with empathy, you would stop existing, but that don't sound as intimidating. It an easy way to control a community, follow the laws and do as you are told or you go to hell.
    It's just part of human nature to believe in somebody, law, government or religion, if religion helps you be a better person, that's great just don't push it on others.