I dare you to post the true reason you reject Christianity

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by ReturnFire333, Oct 15, 2019.

1. I don't necessarily read it as being rude (though you may be correct), I think it's more arrogance when it comes to christians because they are taught all along how right they are and to never sway from being right because it's a lack of faith if they do. It's part of the foundation of their belief system.

If you are referring to the conversation I was trying to have with him, all I can say is it's very hard to interpret tone across a forum post. I'm really not argumentative by nature, I just like to deal in facts. Perhaps that comes across argumentative, but I really can't help that.

When he offered his point of view I simply pointed toward scriptures in his own belief system that would fly in the face of his position. I do get the feeling he didn't like that very much, as you would expect.

This debate will go on forever because you can't prove a negative. I can't prove something doesn't exist, aliens, god, bigfoot, my wife not having the ability to not max out my credit card, etc... and god isn't showing up to prove his existence, or at least he hasn't. So the debate rages on. At least on my end, that debate is well intended.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome to grasscity!

• Like Like x 1
  3. I read some of the discussions yesterday, I was kind of referring to what I saw generally, not anyone in particular.

4. Thanks. I am enjoying this forum. I think I just need to stay out of religious threads.

But before I leave this thread, perhaps I'll give some insight into my lack of beliefs. First of all, my sister was killed in an accident at the age of 26. I was 30. Then in 2008, my son was KIA in Tikrit, Iraq. Then I lost my mother to breast cancer 2 years ago. Thanks god.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. I am very sorry to hear that, truly.

6. Thank you bro'.

7. I dare you to prove that Jesus H. Christ is/was the son of your supposed gOD, , , , ,

• Like Like x 1
  8. Your challenge seems less than genuine

9. I would not wish any single one of those on anyone, and certainly not all of that.

Your son's service and sacrifice are very much appreciated.

10. Thank you. Here's a pic of my son. And me.

Attached Files:

• 051.jpg
      File size:
      14.3 MB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. This describes most Atheists I bump into. Isn't it funny how our mindset/thought processes work? And how enlightening things can be when viewed from the other side of the fence.
    I've never been taught to never sway from being right. I've been taught to research and verify whether information aligns with the Bible. The more I understand, the better able I am to research.

What facts? Are you talking about the poll numbers you pasted about Christian divorces, etc? There is nothing new or modern about divorce. That goes way back. God said he hates it in the old testament - Jesus spoke of it in the new testament. The reason it was ever brought up is because people were doing it. Gods selected people. You show me internet statistics that say it still happens today and seem upset that I didn't argue with that. What do you want me to say? You win, many still Christians get divorces.
    That's like if I told you I know non Christians who have never been divorced even though marriage is a biblical concept, and got disappointed because you didn't argue with that "fact".

Wrong. Dead wrong.
    The scripture you referred to does not fly in the face of my position. If anything it re enforces it.
    What you may have "felt" I didn't like very much was the way you extracted that passage and set the rest of the Bible aside, then attempted to inaccurately present that scripture in such a way as to ridicule it, along with writing anyone who believes it off as not as intelligent as you. And yet again.....by someone who claims to have studied. El mismo a mismo. If I say anything about it, I'm slapped with the victim card because I'm rude, arrogant, and just not your preconceived idea of what a submissive cookie cutter Christian should be.

1. God has showed up. Not only did He walk in the garden with Adam in the cool of the day, He also performed many miracles before being executed, then rose from the dead, then ascended in the presence of witnesses. All the while, telling everyone who He is.
    2. Darwin has never shown himself to you to prove his existence. All you got is a couple of old books and a biography.
    3. Henry VIII has never shown himself to you to prove his existence. (????????)

According to you, 1&2&3 show stark similarities. Is there a point?

12. Thats all you got?

13. 1. I am not in here pushing or professing such a thing

2. If I was I wouldn't waste my breath on you, don't cast pearls before swine, as they say

14. Jesus said don't cast pearls before swine... he was a cheeky one.

And ironically seemed to despise religion.

Didn't care much for money and tax collectors... even flipped over the money changing tables(banks) in the Synagogue.

Called the preachers of his day a den of vipers, sons of Satan(adversary to God.)

One can despise Christianity and be in harmony with Christ.

"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch you must first create the entire Universe." - Carl Sagan

• Like Like x 2
  15. So, I grew up in the church. Sunday school, confirmation, the whole nine yards. When I entered adulthood, I realized that the christian mythology, was just that. The reality is that the stories are hard to believe, just like in other mythology. Too many similarities to other mythologies like Greek, Roman, Norse, and even fictional mythologies like the Silmarilion. Parting seas, towers to heaven, coming back from the dead all sounds like other mythological stories.

Just seems quite ridiculous when you step back. We assume the story of Icarus is untrue, but a dude coming back from the dead? Scientology is another one. A vast majority of people think they're nuts for waiting on aliens, but it's no crazier than waiting for Jesus to come back.

These mythologies are just that. If there is some kind of God, they are not doing a very good job, are not powerful enough, or choose to ignore the agony, starvation, war, and hate around the world. If there's a Godly point to babies starving to death, I don't want anything to do with that God. What happened to the fish and loaves? People are starving to death. Why isn't your God helping? Evil? Doesn't care? Punishing? Making a point?

An all powerful loving God fixes ALL this, and in a hurry. A lot of people are praying to deaf ears. We vote out an ineffective president in 4-8 years, why does your God get a pass, FOREVER, on being a dick and watching people die when he could help?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. But he did pay his taxes, albeit with money he conjured up from the mouth of a fish. The rest of us actually have to work to pay our taxes, thanks for that.

17. Yeah Ol' Jesus and I have that in common

18. And don't forget he went 40 days and 40 nights without a single one of the predators eating any of the others.

• Like Like x 2