I dare you to post the true reason you reject Christianity

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by ReturnFire333, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Resorting to insults, not very christian-like, but it is the last bastion of a beaten man so I'm not surprised.

Again, if your faith gives you a reason to get out of bed in the morning, good for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Nice post. :thumbsup:

3. I am not a Christian for many reasons, the first and foremost being that I do not see any proof that a supernatural god, or three in one, ever existed. I do not admire or respect the mythical figure named Jesus Christ. I believe that the alleged teachings of a god named Christ simply cannot be accepted by anybody of sane mind.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Go to a doctor and tell him you speak to an invisible man who controls your entire life and that you'll burn in the fires of hell if you refuse to do as he says....
    You'll be locked up faster than the average black man in Minnesota (sorry I tried but honestly couldn't think of another relevant faster than lol)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Because I'm my own god that's why. And you can be to. With the power of self love and not putting others down. Believe what you want just be good. Easy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Oh, now you're insulted?
    And what is the victim card a last bastion of?

7. That would be a reasonable presumption. Sorry if I wasn't clear. It would be after the tower when they dispersed and adapted to different environments.

Around 1800 years from Adam to the Tower of Babel. 2200> - <2300 BC.
    Many things don't need as long of periods of time to form as we've been taught to think.

8. What teachings are you referring to? Don't conflate Yahweh with Christ.

9. For someone defending the position of christians you sure don't act like one. Then again, you actually do.

I'm out......

10. The guilt trip don't work here.

Bye....stay safe.

11. #1091 garrison68, Jun 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    I do not accept any supernatural beliefs, whether monotheism, tarot cards, astrology, polytheism, witchcraft, etc. They're all superstitions. I know the difference between Christ and the Old Testament god. I think that the New Testament has done far more harm, than the Old Testament has.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. So your saying the first man only came to be around 4000bc.....even though there's pyramids older than that.
    Yah....sounds legit bro. Legit as fuck.
    How can you honestly believe that?

• Like Like x 3
  13. Someone want to help me do Ark math? A boat built thousands of years ago, big enough for two of every animal, enough food for two of EVERY animal, cleaning up the shit of two of every animal in the entire world every day? No bolts or screws to hold it together? Just rope and nails? Come the hell on. T-rex running around Eden? Nope.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Fair enough, I am still curious though.

15. #1096 Deleted member 638051, Jun 18, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2020
    A wall of biased assumptions and misleading statements in this article.

Every one of the points in your article is debunked or explained (by PHD's) in this one simple paperback.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. This thread pretty much reminds me of why I don't believe in religion. Christians are usually this predictable. Nothing to see here. -_-

17. Christian or not. You come across as a very rude individual. Of course I'm new here.

18. I have had many lengthy discussions/debates with him, particularly about God/religion, and he is perfectly civil with me.

I suspect if he thought the debate/discussion was being had in good faith, you would get a different reaction.

19. As I said, I'm new here. I don't know any of the active members, not yet. I'm having a "good faith" discussion. I just know that after 56 years on this planet, I have seen plenty of "christians" who have personally pushed me away from religion.

Perhaps I need to leave this thread as well. In fact, it's a little after 9am, time to blaze away and get the day started. After all, sharing in this stoner community is why I joined. Not to argue about fairy tales.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1