I dare you to post the true reason you reject Christianity

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by ReturnFire333, Oct 15, 2019.

1. #1 ReturnFire333, Oct 15, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    I have been very curious as to people's reasoning for rejecting Christianity. Mainly, because I see how wicked people, my generation, and the younger generation is. With Christians, there's a sense of goodness that you just don't find among other groups of people. This is not to say that you can't be non religious and be a good, moral person. This is just painting the bigger picture with a broad brush.

I don't laugh at what these generations find funny, I gag at what this generation finds acceptable, and I hate what I do wrong.

My supposition is that there will be a good amount of humanly logic, and a good amount of simple hate in the reasonings.

So, if you choose to post here, don't water it down, I dare you. I want to see if anyone has the guts to say that maybe, just maybe, they hate the thought of a good God? Of salvation? Or any other TRUE reason, not the reason you tell to hide your true feelings. If you post here, you are obviously subject to counter argument by anyone who thinks differently.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  2. I'm an athiest.

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. I just see no real evidence for a god or gods existence.

Tell me, why do you reject Thor?

• Funny x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  4. Forced Catholicism

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  5. The brainwashing starts early.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Why do you think you are better than non-Christians? Can you do the superior dance?
    I'll tell you why people reject Christianity:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. I reject not only Thor but all other gods because the God that I have experienced, states in His Word that he is the only One. He is the God that saved me from the darkest part of my life with a single utterance of His Word, even when I was atheist at that point, He still loved me. So to Him I give reverence.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Every so-called christian that I've ever been associated with has proven to be a hypocrite.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  9. I don't think I'm better than humanity as a whole, but I know I'm better than the scornful, wicked, Godless generations that I'm exposed to everyday. Don't take this personal if you're a good person, you shouldn't have any reason to.

I do sin, I do fall short if not for Christ, but I do not live in darkness much less thrive and enjoy it. I hate it.

This is exaggerated in relation to me because I live in a very Godless area, and being from and visiting the bible belt, I see the difference in people.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Not so much reject the teachings, as reject the teachers.

Damn it dementiax... I heard forced Catholicism, and immediately a nun in bondage popped in my head. My brains google is broken lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. I was confirmed in the Catholic faith, my grandfather was a deacon for over 30 years, and I used to go to church with my Mom a lot. I started to not understand how I had to live my life by this certain rule book, even though many choose when to follow it, and ask a man in a robe for forgiveness. My faith was always kind of rocky, until my mom was diagnosed with Lung Cancer and had a horrible battle with it for 3 years before it finally killed her when she was 56. There was no faith left after that, my mom was one of the best people I know taken from this Earth far too soon. Now is when people will say "God has a path for everyone, and he may have needed her help" Horse Shit. Her family needed her, her grandchildren, her child who got married and walked down the aisle alone and had no mother to dance with.

I consider myself agnostic. I think there was something bigger to play with the world and how it works than just a couple sparks, but I also don't believe you need to follow a rule book. Just be a decent person, help others when you can and learn from your mistakes. I think organized religion has likely done more harm than good and it is not for me

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. I landed a detention once for creating such art...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. OP: Have you always been very religious, or did you have a come-to-Jesus moment?

• Like Like x 1
  14. If you are saying that sin is hypocritical to Christianity, then you are absolutely correct. Thankfully to believers, we have Christ to break the cycle.

• Like Like x 2
  15. #16 BrewsnWeed666, Oct 15, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019

If you can physically prove god exists to me I'll dedicate my life to Christianity..

These Pictures sum up my view on all religions not just Christianity lol
    2cb1f0b72a7d5b3bd448cb5a4bf57752.jpg
    Ricky-Gervais-Why-Is-Saying-There-Is-No-God.png

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. My life was a rollercoaster. I started out in my youngest years with my dad and mother, my dad's religious views imparted on me. After my parents divorced, I was still very young, about 7 years old when my mom moved with her step dad and took me out of state. My grandfather was a very logical scientific kinda person, and by 3rd grade I was telling my school mates that I didn't believe in God to their utter shock. I held that mindset through my teens, until I started to think for myself and not what my dad or step grandpa thought. I became agnostic around 15, thinking of all things being possible and having a very optimistic sense of reality. Around 18, I developed schizophrenia, and came also under the attack of what I believe was demonic attack, and was brought to and through the worst part of my life thus far. Exposed to the darkest thoughts and patterns I had ever experienced, all at once. I was brought down to suicide, and one day I opened a bible to a random page, and the words that I read were so spot on, so comforting, so EVERYTHING benevolent, that it brought me to tears and broke my fear, and I started to climb back up. I might have been 19-20 at this point. Surprisingly, this wasn't a breaker for me. It may have been in part Satan's hold if you believe in that, it may have still been my upbringing, or my ignorance, but I did not turn to Christ at that point. It was only at the age of 24 that I made the conscious decision to confess by mouth that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. And it was the best choice I ever made.

So for a TLDR: No, I did not have a quick come to Jesus moment, my salvation was delayed and very graphy, with many ups and downs.

• Informative Informative x 2
  17. Shoutout to all the evidence wanters here. Why do you demand physical evidence from a God who purports Himself to be so much more than that? What is your understanding of concept of faith? Is it hard for you to have faith without seeing with your eyes or hearing with your ears?

1 Corinthians 2:9

“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
    Nor have entered into the heart of man
    The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Because we have your Mormons running around making fools of themselves
    with little reguard for them selves or those they try to convert
    very fast way to meet you maker in Russia these days

besides we have our own ideas ..The East–West Schism

thanks

• Like Like x 2
  19. Have you ever heard this saying before?
    wrQwvyK.gif

Like I said dude prove god is real & I'll dedicate my life to Christianity but that's physically impossible right?? Because you can't take a picture of what doesn't exist lol

You're free to believe in anything you wish, but imo it's exactly the same as me saying the tooth fairy or father Christmas is real :confused_2:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1