I cut off all huge fan leaves

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Sypha, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Normally I don't trim my plants inless I am trimming for air flow .
    I don't want my plants to get Powdery mildew other then that I normally let the plant decide which leaf's it doesn't want.
    My plants are so leafy , I cant see the hydroponic system they grow in.
    Rare to get brown leaf's in the first 6 to 8 weeks of vegetation .
    party till you puke

• Like Like x 1
  2. 5 gallon white buckets are to small for a dirt/compost grow system .
    The roots really need more room .

15 gallon grow bags work much better.

3. I leave them alone for about 3 weeks then just take off anything blocking the light. I do a lot of training so they generally end up a metre square but only 2ft high. Couldnt grow like that if i didnt constantly defol. Id love to just leave a plant alone to do its thing. Some folk manage to do it really well but my blurples just wouldnt work that way.
    Maybe give it a bash next season once ive upgraded my lights though :)

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Copper was used for lst but since theirs evidence of it killing plants then im getting rid of it till i can lst with different material.. thanks so much for the heads up guys!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  5. I trimmed the huge ones off cuz they were so huge they were preventing the rest from getting proper lighting.. & since its growing nicer (atleast i think so) looks alot better to me.. top leaves reaching for the light gods now as they werent b-4 (kinda droopy) (not from watering too much)..

Im getting faster newer growth and its all looking healthy.. m happy i trimmed the way idid.. under normal curcumstances i wouldnt trim so much but happy i did this time!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yeah man the undergrowth comes in rapid once you chop a few bits off.
    Just mind not to take off anything that isnt neccesary and dont take too much off at once.
    That way if she does decide to throw a tantrum about it at least itll be a less damaging one

• Like Like x 2
  7. Your neighbor is a real asshole. If someone drove a copper pipe into one of my trees... I'd drive my fist into their face. Couldn't he just charge the guy a fee..?

Anyway solid advice about the defoliation. I grow in Coco DTW so I can't even keep up with defoliation usually.. Oo and GJ with the electrical tape that's my favorite to fix breaks! Always keep a roll in the flower room.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Omg u need to back away from the plant with ur hands upper lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. To bad you didn't place a female seed where you taped your poor abused plant .
    I believe that is called splicing strains .
    You could make your own strain …..

PS everyone is a ass hole sometime in their life and need a attitude adjustment .

• Like Like x 1
  10. Surely that doesnt work?
    Ive seen folk growing half a dozen strains on 1 plant by splicing cuttings onto a mother but that sounds a little off to me lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I have never tried it but I have read about it and it does work . .

12. Nice job adapting, and not being afraid to try new things. Here’s a link to a discussion we were having on defoliation a few weeks ago. I posted a lot of pics with dates to show the benefits here. And I take way more than 30% before Flower, all fans up to the top two nodes, and sometimes again at week three if needed. I wouldn’t take much off after week three though at risk of hermie

Defoliation

• Like Like x 2
  13. Looking good. Remember it’s a weed - not a delicate flower. It’s ok to trim, cut, break etc. barring anything super extreme, they’ll keep on going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Thanks..
    i just flipped the switch @ 8 itll cone back on @ 8 a.m.

Got my fingers crossed for a girl!!
    (Should know in a couple days)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Update.. just changed the light spectrum to 5 2700k bulbs mixed with 3 5600k bulbs..

Am i good with 3 5600k’s or should i just have 1-2 and have more 2700k’s in their..??

Plz lmk what u think all are welcome!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

16. It's really not that big of a deal the first time I pruned I accidentally cut off all the big leaves too.

The plant grows more fan leaves back. It'll just be stunted for a bit.

17. This plant was suffering cause if the huge leaves instead of getting stunned it actually loved it and bushed up quickly.. its now on a 12/12 cycle.

• Like Like x 1
  18. For the first two weeks the 6500k will help keep the stretch down. After that switch to all 2700k and keep them close. I’ve never seen anybody flower with cfls, so I would be interested in your results. I do love them for veg though.

19. Me 2.. im interested in seeing the results alltho ive seen alot of ppl do it online..

Im working on getting an led board i seen one online for $40 its a 300w qb board for flowering.

But for now lets see how the cfl’s do

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Dude seriously dont play with me. I'm 6'3" 250 34 years old and have Boxed for 26 years.. I know plenty, and grow much. I would also take my Pro saw with a 20" bar and make 100$ in 1 hour if my neighbor wanted his fucking tree trimmed.. without being an ignorant asshole. You got something to say to that?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1

Grasscity Deals Near You