I cut off all huge fan leaves

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Sypha, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Thanks boss.. ur awsome mann!!!!!!!!

I cant give a badge or do much off the app but if i could you wouldve gotten it!!!!

Smoke-A-Lot

• Like Like x 1
  2. Remember lighting will have to be set to 12/12 to show sex. Not sure if u have them both in same tent/chamber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Know of any way i can find growers in my area.. a grow bud-dy with experience is always good to have.

Smoke-A-Lot

4. No prob - beginning grows - they have you neurotic about every little thing. Keep it simple and don’t stress it.

• Like Like x 2
  5. No.. the clones are in a whole different section off the house actually..

Smoke-A-Lot

• Like Like x 1
  6. Unfortunately no. I was lucky to have someone to guide me thru and I did a lot of research , browsing of forums and general common sense. I’m not a professional by any means but it’s working for me.

7. Same here.. b-4 i started i read for about 2 1/2mos ..built up a space.. i got all that was needed as i learned ill need via reading & kept reading reading reading..

joined this forum about a month ago & everyone on here has been great with sharing knowledge and different methods of doing things.

Smoke-A-Lot

8. If my cut branch doesnt heal correctly but doesnt completely die off can i clone it & try saving it??

Smoke-A-Lot

9. You can clone the snap if it has a top somewhere on it in my opinion. If you decide to clone it, now is the time to make that decision.

10. No.. no top

It was a good thought tho

Smoke-A-Lot

11. No problem - in a week you won't know the difference. I would remove the two large leaves at the top as well. As you have already seen - you'll get different opinions - I don't do a total defoliation at once but I remove leaves regularly and have no problem yielding 8 oz. per plant with a 5 week veg. Good luck. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. you could just cut the bigger fan leaves in half instead of taking them off compleatly ,,,but what ever you do it wont really hurt the plant ( some say taking leaves off stimulates root growth but not to sure about that) ,,luck ,,,mac,,

• Like Like x 1
  13. [​IMG][​IMG] update LST has started

Smoke-A-Lot

• Like Like x 3
  14. Thanks for ur input.. i actually went ahead and took the 2 that were left ontop off cause other parts of the plant werent getting light.. now i can see light going all over the plant..

Again.. thanks bud!

Smoke-A-Lot

• Like Like x 5
  15. Update: plant seems to be loving its hair cut.. adapting very very well..

2 main tops forming nicely even tho the branch is broke inhalf..
    Might give me 2 crazii main colas cuz the break didnt slow them down one bit..

Got otha nice looking colas growing in
    About 8 total i plant on giving them the best light i can to get them all nice and fat as possible..

Pix!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Have you become a pruning advocate now?

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Never trim more then one third of the plants leafs any more can shock the plant .and stress it

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Yeah i agree with headhunter there. Early on just take of a couple here and there. Once its propperly established and gettin bushy anythin upto 30% is pretty safe.
    Yes youre cutting off energy sources etc but youll get multiple times more leaves and faster growth by doing so.
    I gave one of my big ones a 50% defol once and she looked like she was gonna die on me for about a week before i seen signs of recovery.
    Some strains are more sensitive to it so as with all things grow wise, start small and work your way up. Little and often is always better than all at once

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  19. What is with the copper ?
    Had a friend who next door neighbor trees leaf's was making his in ground swimming pool a mess 24/7'
    After years of asking the neighbor to trim his tree , he snuck over and drove a copper pipe into the trees trunk ..
    Tree died shortly after that.

20. Yeah i saw someone on another forum had used some copper element in a dwc set up. General consensus was thats why they kept dying.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Winner Winner x 1