I cut off all huge fan leaves

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Sypha, Jul 9, 2018.

1. I cut all the huge fan leaves off leaving only the top 2 seen in the pix

Will my plant be okay or will it suffer from it..????
    I cut about 8 super huge about the size of my hand leaves off. Will i be okay??[​IMG][​IMG]

Smoke-A-Lot

2. Plants a goner. Might as well toss it out.

Lol kidding. You’ll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  3. Shit.. i got stuck on the goner part.. and took a sec to read the kidding part.. my heart jumped lol..

Should i just cut the top 2 that are left off also..
    2 main colas comming out the top.. do i need the 2 big fans on or can i take em’ off too??

Smoke-A-Lot

• Like Like x 1
  4. Why did you cut them for? I understand the precepts of trimming to prune and (controversial) defoliation during earlier flowering, but I don't see why you would hack off the photosynthetic powerhouse of your plant at this stage in the game.
    Other than creating food for your plant, these leaves store essential nutrients which will be used later on by the plant, thus your plant will suffer. You are slowing down its growth.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. LST it so u don’t have to tear stuff off the plant

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Whats done has been done.. i feel like such a fool now..

So i wont cut the remaining 2 big ones off..

I thought they werent essential being that other fans are growing and mann the ones i cut were huge covered most of the under vegging growth seen in the pix.. thats the real reason y i cut em’ off not thinking they help out later.. or that they were nedded at all..

Smoke-A-Lot

7. Do i start LST now or when flowering????

Smoke-A-Lot

8. Now take it slow don’t wanna snap that main branch. I usually start in 2nd week

9. Slowing down growth is good right now cuz im running out of space wont be able to house it for the growth spurt that comes with flowering.. if it gets any bigger.. thinking of doing LST but on the 2 new main colas that are growing..

will their growth also be slowed down from the huge fans being taken off??

Smoke-A-Lot

10. Truly not that serious. Plant won’t die. It will make more leaves.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Some say serious some say not so serious.. i kinda agree with you but im new to this so not 100% with u.. im still tryna learn what to & not to do..

Thanks so much for ur comment makes me feel alot better that someone think like i do that “its not that serious”! Itll be fine”!

Mightve slowed the growth down a bit but definitely didnt shock the plant... right??

Will it pick growth speed back up once new leaves have gotten bigger??

Smoke-A-Lot

12. No prob - I defoliate to expose more tops. It may slow the plant down, but why does everything have to be a race? Lol

Experiment and find what works for you

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Okay guys so heres the situation on hand.. NOW!!

My dumb ass watch the video posted by @WonderingGoat and i accedently broke the effin plant omg..

So i taped it back together..

Did i really eff up now or can i still [​IMG]save it..

I think ive touched the plant enough for tonight lol!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Smoke-A-Lot

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. In terms of shocking the plant - I’ve only witnessed shocking to the point of hermie due to light issues or high temps.

I’ve snapped stems,defoliated heavily , dropped a carbon filter on it, knocked plants over, moved and transported ,etc and the plants kept on truckin’

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Lol it happens. Just tape back together as best you can and see what happens. Usually takes a week or more for the snap to mend.

Congrats you did your first high stress training.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Good info mann

I just snapped it be bending it a bit too much i just taped it up.. okay or not??

Will it heal.. if so when how long till it heals??

Smoke-A-Lot

17. I dont see the benefits of training those 2 big fans.. i really wanna take em off lol.. but seems to be bad so i wont take em’ off..

I have other colas growing right around the big leaves.. might start LST those so i can hopefully get more main bud areas. What you think??

Smoke-A-Lot

18. If the part that snap dies off, it’s not the end Of the world. Plant will still produce. Keep in mind , it’s designed to survive. No need to baby it. But just mend it the best you can which judging from the pics looks like a good job. I think u will be good.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I also cut a clone off and put it in a diy humidity dome for flowring so i can see sex early.. then if its fem ill try putting the clone back to vegging and get 2 plants.. i hope lol.

Smoke-A-Lot