I cried tonight.

Discussion in 'General' started by RasPlasch, Nov 25, 2008.

1. I haven't cried in 5 years. 5 years. I just broke down today. I don't know how else to say it. I just broke down and cried. My dad dies 5 years ago and ever since then I have been a very emotionless person. I don't know how else to say it. So much has been happening I just got overwhelmed. People kept telling me I'm an asshole that I'm a bad person. I just couldn't take it anymore. I approached my mom bawling my eyes out. Yes... 18 years old and I did this. To be honest. I'm glad I did.

2. Sometimes its just good to vent, man. Crying isn't anything to be ashamed off. Its like puking. You dread it as you feel it come on, but once its over you feel so much better.

3. hey man, im in the same boat as you (18, alot of shit on my shoulders, and im actually in MN too haha) shit will get better though, always does, no such thing as a bad person, only bad times, and everyone goes through it. hit me up if you're in the twin cities area and wanna blaze 1.

4. I"m pickin up some danks tomorrow bro, what part of MN are you in? I'll smoke you up a blunt

5. props for admitting it bro

6. have a good cry once in awhile. it really helps.

7. We all need a good cry sometimes man, you shouldn't feel ashamed at all.

8. Yeah you are right. For some reason I felt the feeling of crying coming over me. I was like...there is no way Im going to cry! But then it just happened. I feel so much better. I kind of feel like these are emotions from 5 years ago when my dad died.

9. Haha. I'm in Lakeville. Where are you?

10. Thats good man, its better to cry, than to bottle it up and let it fester for the sake of "being a man"

My grandpa died a few months ago, and when i heard the news, i felt sad, but i never grieved until a couple days ago.

It just hit me that he was gone, and i cried myself to sleep that night.

I feel alot better now, my grandpa doesn't want me crying into my bong about him, he'd want me to be happy.

That makes me feel better.

11. #11 NFloyd2357, Nov 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2008
    hey dude everyone cries, it takes a real man to admit it, aint nothing wrong with it. its actually just a chemical reaction (im kinda speakin outta my ass here but i saw it on discovery channel recently) to fear or stress i beleive... somehow it just tenses the muscles that releases the tears or something, i dunno, im baked, but look it up, its related somehow haha.

let shit out man, put on some good tunes in your room (especially if the lyrics relate to how you feel/are thinking, or the mood of the song fits), turn the lights out and just ball your eyes out if you have to

thats exactly what happened with me when my nana died last spring. didnt cry when i found out, or at the funeral, or at the wake... i just thought i had accepted her passing. Then days or weeks later, it hit me that my nana, who i saw every single week of my life, was abrubtly just not a part of it... it was so hard when my mind finally bit the bullet and realized that. I was 19, so i felt like it officially marked the end of my childhood.... man i balled my eyes out that night

12. Now I understand. Thats all I was doing, was bottling my emotions up for the sake of being a man. Finally after 5 years they came out. I wish I had done this earlier. I just apologized to my mom and my best friend. I feel a little better.

I need to smoke a bowl.

13. Im the type to make the most of any situation, no matter what it is.

So a good cry is always an experience.

Dance with your insecurities.

Dont run away from them.

14. idc what anyone sais, it feels so good to try after a long time of shit building up who gives a fuck. Everyone cries.......EVERYONE. But you know what the more comfortable you are doing it the better you start to feel about it. It's just a way of your body venting out crazy amounts of stress.

15. Yeah agreed. I feel so relieved. Thanks you guys for being understanding. I'm part of a weightlifting forum. And if I were to post a topic like this on there. They would make fun of me. God am I glad to be part of this awesome forum filled with awesome, understanding people.

16. yea, a weightlifting forum??? watch out, they find out you cried, and they might encourage you to commit suicide or something crazy...

17. I'm the same way as you man, totally emotionless. Sometimes (only when i'm fucked up) and theres an argument in my house or something it just brings up all the pain that I'm not able to feel most of the time and comes out and I just break down.

I guess its a good thing.

18. glad you did, too. crying is good stuff... makes you feel better once it's out. everyone needs a good cry every now and then. :) hope things start looking up for you, though!!

and that happens to me all the time. only my crying is a lot more frequently. A LOT more. haha. but if i haven't cried for a while and i've been under a lot of stress for a while, i'll just end up crying out of nothing for no reason (well, obviously there is a reason.. but in the moment it seems like no reason).

19. I'm part of some bodybuilding forums myself, and yeah those mooks would probably laugh at you. Only because most of those dudes cry all day, then punch walls, then cry again...hormones a la test.

Nothing to be ashamed about man, but the reality of it is, 90% of guys will front like they dont cry. It's a part of life though, just like shitting. I tear up a few times a week, mostly to music/movies but sometimes thoughts...sometimes one of those tears beads down my cheek, so what though...fuck it. Smoke a bowla. Live your life.

20. Dam man its ok, everyone cry's!

And stoners know this :D