I cranked down my new pollen press for the first time

Discussion in 'General' started by Marijuana User, Dec 13, 2011.

1. My pollen press came in the mail today. I weighed out my kief, had 1.6 grams saved up. For the sake of breaking in the newly acquired tool, I poured all of that beautiful fine powder down between the pins and tightened it down with my hands.

Now how should I heat it? I've heard people say they'll heat up their oven to 500 and sit their press on the seal of the door (not directly in the oven) for up to an hour, and I've also heard of people sealing up the press in a bag and submerging it in boiling water for a brief period of time.

Help out the hash newbie! How should I go about this?:confused:

2. Pretty sure its not the best idea to put it in an oven on 500.

3. Don't think you noticed I said "not directly in the oven"

4. hahah yalllll sooo sillyyy. but ferr reallls id go with the boiling water method or just put your oven on a "warm" setting.

5. well 500 is way to hot... especially since you have now way of gaging exaclty how much heat its getting.

I'd do 200-300 so that you dont reach the 365 degree vaping temp. Try that for half an hour, check and repeat.. maybe for 15-20 minutes the second time.

Note that ive never made pressed kief with a device... only with cellophane, tinfoil, oven and pots.

6. pics when your done plz