Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I could use a bit of help making a bong with a perc...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Valient, Feb 15, 2010.

1. #1 Valient, Feb 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2010
    First off, please tell me if this is in the wrong spot. it will be promptly moved.

Second, i'm a bit down on my luck right now, so i cant afford a good bong. and im not going to spend $30 on some cheap taiwanese(no offense or anything) bong. if im gonna buy something, its gonna be worth the money. also, i have an artistic touch, and so i wanna try my craftsman-skills out with a bong.

okay, now, i have two CakeMate Decors bottles*, and a 1Litre bottle. i wanna make an ashcatcher , but im not sure how im gonna pull it off. and i also have a ready amount of Hot Glue, the best seal ive found thus far.

my idea is this:

[​IMG]

* example: http://s.ecrater.com/stores/82063/48f03fdbb4c25_82063n.jpg

2. A homemade will be more like a bottle with no stem and a hole burnt in

that aint a perc either that's an Ashcatcher on the side and it's pretty hard to make one homemade.

I'd just go for a homemade grav bong or get some papers. And learn how to roll before you start, practice and don't light up you first J it usually SUCKS.

This is more what that bong should look like though.

[​IMG]

Very crude

3. pardon me. ill change it

4. It's fine common misconception i think people also call it a perc too but if you need anymore help just ask/

5. for my homemade ashcatch i used one of those little medicine bottles (heavily washed) and ran some aquarium tubing from that into the side of a big powerade bottle and down to the bottom. hot glued that shit in place. then from there i made a perc out of a spice bottle by making one of the holes in the shaker like the width of a pen and hand the pen running through two caps of powerade bottles (one big, one normal). so the spice container was inside of the normal one with the pen in that and running down just a bit into the big one. before that i cut the bottoms off two normal ones and glued them together at the bottoms (one of them is the one with the spice thing in it, you have to put it in weirdly) and glued them together and the two caps of the big bottle and normal with the perc in it together so they crew on and BOOM two foot percolated water bottle bong with ashcathcer.

i know it really complicated and might not have made sense but it fucking wrecks house, works like a charm and looks nice

6. Judging from your drawing, it looks like you'd just end up sucking a bunch of water.

With the hole being below the water line like that, the smaller bottle is going to be full of water before you get any air coming in.

What might work, is to make the hole above the water line and then make a tube going from the hole into the water in the smaller bottle. :confused_2:

7. for $30 bucks or something I'd bite the bullet and get a cheap glass bong.

I think you've had these glass snobs in your ear too much. There is nothing wrong with a cheap glass bong. They work fine and can be completely cleaned. They last as long as you don't break them.

A plastic bong with hot glue seals and stuff. That is going to get nasty quick and you can't clean it, etc.