I cant workout like i once did.

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by TheLastRebel, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Hello there.

I am 18 years old 6'3 215ish pounds.

Over the last two years i lost a ton of weight, near 80lbs and was pretty steady in my workout routines, i also put on alot muscle too.

The thing is i played rugby in my last semester of highschool, this lasted about 3 months and halfway through the program i just became "tired", not just regular tired like i was sapped of energy, i would go to be early, wake up and still be tired, get very drowsy almost falling asleep during class and be tired while playing rugby.

The worse part is, this "tiredness" never fully went away, i am in college now and i could wake up after a day of doing nothing and feel sapped and when i try to workout its never the same, i used to be able to do hard cardio for like 40 minutes straight, now i am lucky if i can do 15, my weight max has also dropped to.

So what the fuck happened to me? Am i broken? Is there a way to fix this?

2. Diet plays a big part in energy levels. Are you eating a lot of shit food?

3. hey, frequent drowsiness or tiredness could be a symptom of anemia. nothing major, just an iron deficiency or iron absorption problem. go get a blood test and if shows your haemoglobin, ferrin etc values low just take regular iron supplements or enrich diet with red meat. regardless of what you think its not a bad idea to eliminate this easily supplementable deficiency

source: had anemia as a kid and iron supp changed everything in a matter of days

4. your stamina/physical endurance just decreased. if you were already athletic before (sounds like u were), then it wont be too long for your endurance to build up again.

just work hard and realllyyyy push yourself. i know it's tough at first but it gets easier

oh and keep your diet in check.

5. You probably have a sleeping disorder, like sleep apnea. Find out if you snore a lot while you are sleeping, because that's a sign you are not getting enough REM sleep (the most important part). You should go to a doctor and inform him on your situation

6. get some pre workouts for stamina and muscular endurace, stack it with some whey/mass gainer if ya wanna pack on some pounds as well. you also have to have a good diet and drink plenty of water.

7. OP it sounds like your diet, that's the only reason and do you drink enough water?

8. #8 IamHemper, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2013
    Make sure you don't have sleep apnea. Your symptoms mimic apnea. Do you snore? Is so get checked out.

depends. some people don't do well with pre workouts
    honestly you don't need a pre workout if your diet is on point
    or any other medication for that matter

10. #10 HighSamurai, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2013
    true, all just depends on the person working out. if you like a nice hard workout with hard reps and hard pumps than you should take a pre workout. i just find that a lot of people dealing with muscle fatigue find them useful.

and a lot of people dont do well with them because they think theyre hot shit and take the maximum dosage and get sick lol

11. Pre-workout maybe? 
    Caffeine? 
    Omega 3 fish oil!

12. All I drink is water

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Grasscity Forum mobile app