Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I Can't Tell When I've Had Enough?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by entrine, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Is it normal that I cant tell when I've had enough? Like, I usually smoke some and feel good but worry that I could feel better so I smoke more. Then I end up feeling like I smoked too much. I've tried stopping when I feel good (but not perfect) but then I end up spending the whole high worrying that I've fucked up by not smoking enough and I just can't enjoy myself.

I don't really understand how people figure this sort of thing out in general. When I eat cake, for example, I keep eating until it becomes unpleasant, then I know to stop. I don't know how else a person would know when to quit. But I can't get away with doing this with weed because once it's become unpleasant I'm stuck with an unpleasant high (and the guilt of knowing I wasted weed).

Can anyone relate to this?

2. I can relate to that with alcohol. I can always have another one until it's too many, then I might have one more. I'm a light smoker though, a little puff with do me.

3. Shouldn't do it with food either , its called gluttony , and it is considered a sin .

• Like Like x 1
  4. Omg i always have this problem like i can't get it either man

5. i have this problem but its never "oh shit i fucked around and smoked too much"
    its more like
    "oh shit i fucked around and killed my stash the same day i got it"

• Like Like x 5
  6. I smoke 3 fat bowls and just let the day go on without worrying but I've been in your shoes. Smoke before bed imo

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. so true right here!!!! I wanna enjoy my high and be nice and stoned but I also don't wanna be just a little stoned, I like being heavier stoned, so I guess it doesn't have much of a margin since I want a very specific high, right before it's too much essentially.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Know thyself, and paranoia will not know your name.

Paraphrased that from GOD.

9. I don't understand the mentality you have of "worrying" about not smoking enough. I just can't wrap my head around that. Idk dude just take a few hits then chill and see what happens. Wait 15 mins. If you're not as baked as you want to be by then, that's a good point to smoke some more.

10. Give some time between tokes and let it set in to see how you feel. Experiment and find a comfortable place where you want to be.

I have the same problem where I'm worried that I didn't smoke enough and can't fully enjoy myself, so I end up getting uncomfortably high but I just keep in mind it'll go away and die down soon enough.

11. Is there really such a thing as an unpleasant high? Do those actually exist? I hate getting crossfaded on alcohol and weed. That is an unpleasant high.

12. That is the only unpleasant high I could think of.

13. What everybody else said, just smoke a bit and if you're not as high as you like smoke more, me personally I'll smoke a .5 and be good and high not stoned buy just good and high, and if I could any to be anymore higher/get stoned I'll smoke a gram next. It's all about knowing what limits you have.

14. How long have you been using weed? Could just be inexperience and you'll pick it up eventually.
    I used to have problems with dosage when I was a noob too. Partially due to experience, but also because I was getting my weed from a friend or a dealer and there was no consistency. Now that I know my limits better and vape my own shit it's pretty easy.

15. I think I've linked it before but this is what uncomfortably high might look like...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Having a panic attack off weed - YouTube

17. Pretty much sums it up

18. Pretty much sums it up

19. I had the same dilemma until I realized Im purely chasing a high. I realized that when.... so I dab a gram a week, maybe 4-5 dabs minimum a day. I'll do that for like 5 days. Then two days I'll take like 10 dabs or sometimes more. What I realized was that your chasing a high because when I would take those 10 dabs I would be FRIED all day (I would take like 2 to start the day then 2-3 dabs after or right before comedown and keep staying high). And when I would take those 5 dabs, I wouldn't get as high. I'd still get pretty high but not that "enough." It's because 1) tolerance gone up you gotta smoke more 2) your chasing a high. Overtime your gonna have to smoke more to stay getting really high unless you do tolerance breaks. Simply an average dab doesn't get me as high as I like.

And if you say well I don't do that so how does that help me? Try to find your tolerance levels. I can eye ball dabs and from looking at the dab I can tell how high I'll get. Because trial and error. It sorta depends IME how big of hits your taking as well. You just have to know how much you have to smoke to get to that level.

You just have to literally trial and error your tolerance to find that "sweet spot" and if you have to buy a lot more bud.... it's not like you tell the bud how high you'll get, it'll show you how high you get. Change your way of smoking. If you don't have a bong or spoon bowl get one. (Bong preferred :D) and take snaps, take as many snaps as possible to find the spot. Because you will know when you pass the sweet spot and get too high. From there you learn to not pack X bowls.

20. Do yourself a a favor and try to get your hands on some hash, keif, or oil. Sprinkle or drop a bit on a bowl before you go to town. It's a pretty safe bet after that 1-2 tokes, you are good to go.