Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I can't tell if my weed is moldy...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Deathclawclaws111, Jan 17, 2017.

1. I've been holding onto this weed for over 6 months, and it's been sitting in a closed ziploc bag in a plastic bottle with a screw on cap. I've been thinking about smoking it but my friend keeps telling me that it's most likely moldy, so I go to look up what mold would look like, but it looks almost exactly like keef to me! I see keef on my weed, and it looks like little white dots, but there isn't that much of it on the buds, and most of it has been grinded anyways.

I know the way to prevent mold is to store it in an airtight dry container (like a glass jar) in a dark place, but is there more I should've done? Have I done enough to prevent mold or is there a possibility that my weed is moldy since I didn't store it properly? All answers are greatly appreciated.

2. Your weed should be fine unless it was wet when you put it away ... Good 6 months ago , should be good now , the way you stored it was fine . I have weed nearing 2 years old just in a baggie and plastic container

3. I'm pretty sure bud mold only grows on actual plants, not the picked flowers.

4. Stored properly under the right conditions/containers weed can last years with minimal degradation. I had a nice sized OG bud leftover that was nearly 2 and a half years old and I swear it still had a tad of moisture and aside from turning darker it never lost any taste/potency!

5. Had some around three and it was still really good. Just burp it every week or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum