I Cant Take It Anymore. Im Quitting This Harmful Drug.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by MaynardScott422, Sep 17, 2014.

1. It's controlled my life long enough. I can't get through a day of work without it. It's affecting my relationship. The addiction is the worst thing I've ever encountered; being cranky without it, craving it all of the time. Bottom line I'm done with nicotine!

(Thought I was talking about weed didn't ya?) :p

Anyways, tomorrow, the 18th, marks my one year without marijuana. When I quit because of probation I thought it was going to be my own personal Hell. On the contrary, it was quite easy. I suffered no withdrawal symptoms other than the basic strange dreams, dreams about smoking pot in which I literally felt high. It's laughable to me that something that is "addictive" has "withdrawal" symptoms of strange dreams, but I digress.

I picked up chewing back in my high school baseball days. Nothing was better than throwing a dip in and playing ball. 6 years later, I'm still doing it. I've tried quitting before as most nicotine addicts have, it's funny that nobody calls smokers or dippers addicts, but with no luck. I crave it like crazy. I chomp through toothpicks at work, bags of sunflower seeds until I break down and get another tin.

I decided to mark my one year since beating a simple "addiction" with tackling this demon. I ordered Jake's Mint Chew because I feel like if I have the sensation of a dip with the oral fixation and spitting it will help quite a bit.

My point is that weed may be addictive to some. I, after all, am only one case, but I had no problem quitting albeit because of probation. I feel as if that doesn't matter because it wasn't like I had a tough time doing so. Yet, nicotine controls peoples' lives and it is blatantly horrible for you ad still it is allowed and even encouraged.

I feel like I'm starting to ramble now so I apologize. Thoughts? Encouragement? Wish me luck brothers for I will need it.

As a side note, 17 days til I can go back to my first "addiction." :)

2. Wonderful
    I have felt addicted to cannabis before, but I think it is easier for me to be without it now than I used to feel. Some people say when you first smoke weed you forget how to enjoy a sober life, and that can be stretched in many ways but you just have to remember not to let yourself use it as a crutch, or atleast think of it as a crutch. Its all about the mind and just keeping your conciousness off of sobriety and immersing yourself in what the world has to offer. But that is only my view, and there is many others and thats what helps me.
    Anyway, I'm really glad you are quiting nicotine.
    My sisters 26 and shes been smoking cigs, i think she has quit a long time ago but she got into them again. She knows I smoke weed, and I know she used to. I just wonder why she doesnt ever ask to smoke a bit of ganj with me lmao

3. Don't blame a plant for your weaknesses.

4. I think you guys didn't read the whole thing? I'm not criticizing weed but nicotine.

5. Go away troll. Even if not a troll, why would you say this? Glad you're happy and blah blah blah, but moderation is key with everything and the only thing that made it negative is you and your perception of it.

6. I dont get how getting your throat burnt while smoking those awful cigarettes can be satisfying. Seriously please explain me how do you enjoy it.

Sent from my C5303 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Does no one read this? One, OP isn't addicted to weed, two, they're addicted to nicotine but not smoking, chewing tobacco. Well that's all you've mentioned, you may well be smoking it too haha.

Good luck. I think any addiction is hard to break, but you can do it. Fortunately I've not become 'addicted' to anything. I occasionally smoke tobacco, I liked the head rush it gives you although it doesn't last.

Strange thing though, since starting smoking weed a few weeks back (only 2-3 times a week) I've not wanted to smoke a cigarette at all. Maybe smoking weed again will help you to overcome the nicotine addiction. Moderation is key to everything.

8. Holy shit AS-SB is the only person that has taken the time to actually read and perceive the true message behind it.

First of all I say throw a dip in and mint chew ad spitting. Never once did I mention a cigarette. Try reading a little slower. Also, how does this even remotely make me a troll. I shared. Real life story about me trying to kick a bad habit while praising weed at the same time. You posting something fathoms away from constructive to the discussion makes you more of a troll than me.

Thanks to the single person with the mind to read the entire thing and to understand t how it wa written. I thought I was pretty clear. Some people must be extremely easily confused

9. OP is quitting eating sugar?

it was tl;dr.

10. I agree that marijuana is not addictive at all. It's fun and good for recreation. Ain't nobody gettin addicted

*Cough Cough*

11. I think anything is addictive

12. you can do it!!!

i used the patch to get me over the hump and after that i was good. haven't picked up a smoke in like 8 years. almost 9 actually now that i think about it. anyway, the patch made it easy to say no to the craving. it was just the thing i needed to get it right. i know you will get it man so never give up. :metal:

13. This proves niggas don't be reading nowadays lol

14. Baffles me. What's the point of commenting or even being on here if you aren't going to read? I know some words are tough but come on.

15. Good for you op hope ya quit nicotine and alcohol are demons unleashed on our society.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..grabba dabba goo

16. #18 jmick, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2014
    Good luck, OP.....quitting cigs was the hardest thing I've ever done....even though I haven't had one in years I could start back sooo easy...

suppose dip would be just as hard.....

17. Any addiction is hard. It's sad that we let them control us. I've smoked cigarettes a few times. I mean who hasnt? I read a scary statistic I'd you could call it that the other day. It said someone who takes 7 or 8 dips a day processes as much nicotine as 40 cigarettes or some ungodly number like that. Pretty frightening.

Thanks for the good wishes though guys, those that are decent enough at least.

18. If you set out to confuse people, don't be surprised if it happens.  I think that you should seriously consider not posting if you can't figure that one out.