Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I cant stop eating munchies are killin meee

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by goodseasons, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Alright so everytime i get high especially around midnight i get super hungry... I end up going to my kitchen and eating everything sweet. I ate 2 whole cakes yesterday with a bunch of other donuts and stuff.. Ive never ate like this b4 whats causing my body to want it sooo bad?

2. Just eat healthier man , fruit is fucking orgasmic when high

3. ^QFT - Bite into a juicy peach bro, it's literally like eating pussy when you're high.

4. Not sure what exactly happens but I learned somewhere that marijuana activates neurons in your brain that control hunger. When these neurons are activated, you feel hungry, even if you have just eaten.

Your options are:
    -to eat beforehand which seems to help a lot of people
    -eat fruit and the like, where the more you eat, the better
    -to not get as high, allowing you to make healthier choices on your food while high

Just my suggestions... good luck!

5. I dunno, I always had night cravings even before I started smoking. I think because I usually don't eat enough in the day time

The way I combat it is..eat something before I smoke so I don't get way to hungry and over eat when I'm super baked
    Otherwise you just have to excercise self control

6. Eat healthier and exercise self control.

7. Yeah, basically what everybody said...

Also stay hydrated and chew some gum or something.

8. Drinking a lot of liquids always helps me, too

9. Never go grocery shopping while high btw. Youll get 200$ worth of munchie food lol

10. LMAO I do that too man!!!, maybe not as much as you but I definitely raid my fridge/pantry when stoned. MUNCHIESSSS!!!!.

11. How many calories is everyone consuming? I'm usually under 1,600 per day.

12. Eat Popsicles.

13. I just devoured a pre-made salad worth only 270 calories. Eat healthy!

14. Devoured a salad? I lol'd.

15. Not the most common munchie but it was tasty! Had a small portion of swiss cheese and turkey. :D

16. #16 1sttimegrower, May 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2012
    Caloric content does not matter in food if you have an active liftsyle; stop counting numbers, eat what you want, healthily, and work out. Rail thin is unhealthy, a little bit of fat is good on the bones. Eating under 1600 calories is fine, if you are grabbing all the nutrition you need; take into account though you'll still gain mad weight if you only metabolize 1200 calories in the day. I don't understand how lettuce is 270 calories.... dressing isn't healthy ;). It all depends on how the calories are broken up; if 40% of those 270 are from the fat in dressing, you just ate 100 calories of pure fat - your body moves to break down and utilize carbs first, followed by fat.

Its both your diet and your lifestyle; the aim is to establish a balance where you get the nutrition you need while at the same time not being overly excessive - you want to hit the ideal of calories taken in equal calories utilized.

I eat well over 2000 calories a day, 150 - 160 lbs depending on the week, 6 ft even. ATM I think im hovering at 155.

@ OP Drink well. Its all mind over matter. If you normally eat healthy and then bite a donut or piece of chocolate while stoned, its OVER. (personal experience). You tend to over-eat less on some foods, shoot for those. As many have said, fruit is good. Nuts are another good choice; their high fat content will make you feel fuller quicker. Just plain bread is good too. Avoid foods that taste delicious! it'll be much harder to stop.

If you can get over the hunger hump, the munchies lessen for me over time and disappear altogether eventually.

Also, the reason why midnight is so bad : Your ALREADY running on an empty stomach here (or should be; if not, stop that snacking!). When you smoke and get hungry, your just adding hungry to your hungry and your body goes nuts releasing those hunger signals. If you want to avoid extreme munchies, eat a slice of bread before you smoke if you havn't eaten in a while and just cant handle the munchies.

17. Are you studying nutrition? I'm sorry but you could easily eat over 2,500 calories per day by just eating HEALTHY. Try losing weight with that kind of diet. You need to be pretty active to eat like that.

I've been counting since Jan. and have lost weight every single week by eating 500 below my BMR (basal metabolic rate), even one week where I was sick and skipped the gym for the entire week.

Who in the world has a 1,200 cal/day BMR? Maybe a 110lb girl.

18. Munchies hit me pretty hard too, man. I try to eat beforehand, or have a little snack all set out for when I'm done smoking. One of my favorite things to do is lay everything out before I go smoke, including the weed. I only take enough weed to get me high, not my whole stash, because I'm liable to smoke an extra eighth when I'm blazed. I like to make a snack that has fruit and vegetables in it, and also something with protein that makes you feel "full", like a half sandwich with roast beef and swiss, or celery dipped in peanut butter (best thing ever) and of course a drink to help with cotton mouth, then lay it out so when I come back from smoking (always smoke in the garage, keeps the smell out of the house in case guests or cops come over) I have something to eat. It also keeps me from raiding the fridge or going out to eat, which can be expensive and unhealthy. I love to have my snack and drink all ready to go, with Skyrim already booted up on the computer for some otherworldly high adventures.

Good foods to eat when munching out: fruit, veggies, peanut butter, cereal, sandwiches, and definitely popcorn, even if it is white carbs, I can never finish a bag anyway.

19. I get like that too. Night time it just gets worse lol. Like others said eat some fruit, soooo good when baked

20. Get stoned and go to the gym. Muscle burns fat as you sleep. That and a healthy selection of snack foods and you'll be a fucking stoner stud man!

Showing the ladies how to get to the beach maaaaan!!!;)