I Can't Stand "Wordy" People!!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by ChipThaRipper, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Mini Rant:

They are so annoying. Wasting my time, beating around the bush about a subject so that they can use as many vocab words as possible, before finally telling me the subject of their statement at the end.

The statement could have been said in 5 seconds, but because of their bullshit, it takes them 5 minutes to tell you it.

I really just can't stand wordy people. I prefer simple, straight forward talk. Every time I have to listen to a wordy person explain something I feel like stopping them, yelling in their face, and walking away (semi-srs)

Anyone else not able to take these annoying wordy people?:smoking:

2. [quote name='"ChipThaRipper"']Mini Rant:

They are so annoying. Wasting my time, beating around the bush about a subject so that they can use as many vocab words as possible, before finally telling me the subject of their statement at the end.

The statement could have been said in 5 seconds, but because of their bullshit, it takes them 5 minutes to tell you it.

I really just can't stand wordy people. I prefer simple, straight forward talk. Every time I have to listen to a wordy person explain something I feel like stopping them, yelling in their face, and walking away (semi-srs)

Anyone else not able to take these annoying wordy people?:smoking:[/quote]

Lol you just took the time to post about them while they don't care at all. Don't harbor ridiculous negativity.

But I'm an English major and there are so many people who need to realize they are retarded and no matter how many big words they use. They are still morons.

Also your rant was pretty wordy... do you hate yourself?

3. I know what you mean but damn smoke a J man lol

4. haha I try but my personality type is obsessed with efficiency so when people waste my time it bothers me a lot

5. My friend does this ALL the time. Every damn time we get in an argument over something, he tries to incorporate every possible word over 4 syllables to try and sound intelligent and intellectual, like he knows so much more about the topic we're arguing about. Always treats me like a 3rd grader trying to argue with an elder or some shit, when in reality, he's just making himself sound idiotic because the 30 letter word he just used didn't even make sense in the fucking sentence he use it in, hahaha. I don't hate wordy people, I hate people who think they know more than you or think they're better than you because they use more big words. ok im dun.

6. Interior crocodile alligator,i drive a Chevrolet movie theater.

If you're really chip tha ripper you'll understand

7. I feel ya. Old people talk to motherfuckin much

8. if that true your post should have been

"I cant stand people who use too many words to explain something"

9. I can be somewhat wordy at times, but it's only because I value specificity and like to fully extrapolate my thoughts. I focus more on conveying my thoughts with accuracy than anything else. I also write in stream of consciousness, so if I use bigger words, it's usually because they're a better articulation of my actual thought, not an effort to impress anyone. I get where you're coming from, though, and know people who try to impress people with false vocabularies, which is indeed annoying. The average literacy rate in the US is about 8th grade last I heard, so most people can't write or speak like I can, which is really sad IMHO.

10. #11 eric71, Dec 21, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
    I bet your the dumb little bitch thats interrupting my ass when I go to speak. I can just tell OP is a KING INTERRUPTER. Sorry some people actually put in thought before they speak so they can convey something other than OBAMA SUCH NICE GUY PAKIS NOT TREATED NICELY. Sometimes people need to stfu and listen the fuck up because what you have to say is not better than what you friend has to say. Chances are if your speaking in sentences 5 words long your statements dont carry much value anyways. Ill go nice guy tone for a moment and suggest maybe you're arguing a topic you know better than your friend so you articulate your thoughts quicker, at the end of the day both of your/our understandings are anything but full, we need to come together for a full comprehensive understanding of anything.

- Signed, The Wordy Guy whos constantly fucking interrupted by your insecure ADD ass.

11. Thank you for the perfect example of what I mean't. Nice rambling.

12. To translate: Mutual edification should be a priority in communication, so being overly critical of the quality of one's expressions rather than focussing on what's being expressed is a fault to be avoided. [plus some ad hom nonsense]

My addition: The above isn't composed of five word sentences and is less wordy than your unruly nonsense, so maybe you should work on better presenting the things you'd like others to listen too and heed your own advice by striving for that full, comprehensive understanding rather than going on the attack. :)

13. is the bold directed at me or the guy you quoted?

14. Nah Op your just dumb.

15. Alls i got to say is congradulations to all the smart people in here. You smart person you!!

16. Being one of these people, I can assure you I'm not doing it to look smart, or use multiple vocabulary words, words or to make my point stronger by quantity.

I'm just bad at explaining myself, online and in person. My thoughts move around much too fast for me to focus on what to say and to say it properly with as few of words as possible.

You assume too much about other people.

17. Are you trolling? Lol

Sent from my iPhone 5 using GC Forum

18. .__. ._. . .._. . ._. _ .... .. ... ?