I can't STAND this...

Discussion in 'General' started by Weed Thins, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Why do mods have to come in and ruin the fun? Ya so there may be one or two threads of the same thing... there are currently 686,527 threads, some are BOUND to be copies. So? So what if someone makes another thread! Maybe I don't feel like going through seventy-five pages of others that are God knows how old! I don't think they should do that... it's not hurting anyone to have a couple threads with the same basic concept. I mean really mods? If it bothers you that much, then just don't look at them.

Sorry, that's my rant for the day.

2. Is the search button THAT hard to use?

3. I just don't get why it bothers them so much! I don't mind seeing copies, cus some people will just stumble upon one of the threads and not the other. It's not hurting anyone to have doubles and whatnot.

4. Actually...

5. It actually hurts you to see doubles. >.> Really man? Then you must have a low tolerance for annoyances.

6. Sometimes, making a new thread is necessary. The people who complain about double threads are USUALLY the same people who complain when you use the search button and "bring up an old thread from a year ago".

7. I was referring to the costs of running the forum, nice try though.

8. SO true! I just saw this guy throwing a fit about someone bumping an older post the other day. He was like "Really? You bumped a three year old post? You know there's a new one!" and gave the link. >.>

So see, there are conflicting views. I have no problem in the world with doubles and whatnot. Especially if the original is like 5209832476 pages. :p

9. I'm new here, and dont want to get on any ones bad terms..
    But I've had experience in other in forums.. There are good Mods and there are bad Mods. Seems a lot of Mods go power hungry. On another site I had a Mod who would actively harass me to the point that other Mods would message me and apologize and stuff, but they wouldn't do anything about the bad Mod.
    I'm happy to say that forum/site is gone. Way go to Darktower.net! :)

10. I agree, I'm relatively new here as well and have not personally ran into any bad mods but I have heard some stories about some of them going power crazy and just deleting posts left and right and blocking people for some of the dumbest reasons. Not naming any names... :p

11. Duplicate threads take up bandwidth. Bandwidth cost money.

Have YOU donated to the forum?

There are plenty of other forums on the interwebz if you don't like this one. To walk into someone's "house" that someone else pays for and start complaining because it's not the way you would do things, is a bit tacky.

12. Well it is their job to keep this place tidy.

It can get pretty annoying to see the same thread over and over again. Just look at the music or apprentice forum. They're a disaster area

13. Well see, I wasn't aware that it cost more. See, that's all it takes.

I understand that it costs and all, but I mean... why make a site that you can't afford? I dunno. But I do like this site, everything seems to be kept in order pretty much.

14. maybe they should refine the power of 'search; and maybe organize a bit better, because sometimes it is really hard to find something that should be really easy to find.

15. I actually lost consciousness briefly after reading this. I might kill myself now

16. Stream it live. Post link

17. lol He can, but all the extra bandwidth and memory is just unnecessary cost

18. Nah I'm not subhuman scum enough to actually kill myself =/

Maybe one day I'll devolve or something