Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I cant smoke anymore and its depressing the shit out of me.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by stonedpenguin, Oct 25, 2013.

1. This might be kind of long and ranty but please take the time read because this is killing me.
    I'm 18, almost 19. I started smoking on a daily basis when I was 15. I mean, I was always stoned. I never smoked too much but it got to the point where I could smoke an eighth a day easy.
    So a little under a year ago, around the time of my eighteenth birthday, I started drinking, a lot. I hate this fact but that's just how it is. I don't know why. I realized I really liked being drunk and alcohol kind of replaced pot for me. I still smoked every day, but not nearly as much. I went through this drinking binge for about 2 months, drinking every day.
    I started to feel really low around that time because I'd lost my job and wasn't doing anything with my life.
    Then it happened. (sorry for the antics, habit) Me and my mother spent a wonderful day together, and on the drive back home, she asked me, "Do you ever think about death?"
    I'd never had a problem with death, me and my mother are both athiest, and I've always accepted the fact that when I die (not knocking anybody else's beliefs, this is just mine) it'll be an eternal oblivion. But for some reason that day, the fact that my wonderful beautiful mother was thinking about death, and how lonely it is, put me in a really weird mood.
    When we got home I smoked, just like any other smoke session, and had my first panic attack ever. I legitimately believed gravity was about to stop, I could feel it, and that I would fall and fall off the face of the earth. After I calmed myself, I started obsessing over death. For the first time since I was a little I was terrified of dying.
    I proceeded to have the shittiest three weeks of my life. Death literally consumed my thoughts. I'd never felt so empty. I remember thinking it was the first time I'd ever actually experienced depression, and that it would never go away, wondering how long I could go like that before I'd kill myself.
    Things got better, but since then, that one smoke session, I've had terrible anxiety.
    When I smoke now, seven or eight months later, I feel like my throat is closing up and I can't breathe. My heart races. I get dizzy. It still happens when I'm sober, but it's almost guaranteed I'll have some type of anxiety attack if I smoke pot.
    I tell myself it's all in my head, I know that it is, but it doesn't make the feeling go away. I still smoke about once or twice a week, and don't get me wrong; sometimes I still have really great highs. That's why I keep trying to get high. But 9/10 times I'll at least have some kind of discomfort.
    I hate this so much. I've been abusing drugs I never would have dreamed of using a year ago, to deal with the anxiety. Pills, mainly.. Drinking more than ever.
    I don't understand why weed makes the anxiety worse.
    I really don't mean to be dramatic, honest, I just really really really love pot, my smoking days were the best of my life, and it drives me nuts that I can't enjoy it anymore. I miss it so much.
    I guess I want to know if anyone's been through this, if anyone has suggestions as to what's causing it or how to solve it, or if it's just a lost cause at this point and I should give up on pot. I'm at a loss. Thank you so much for reading this long ass post.

2. You're just learning about your own thoughts. Growing up sucks, you're about to realize that almost your whole life you've been wearing rose colored glasses. The real world is like cold pavement. Death and evil are everywhere.

So when you are walking through town this winter and feel the sun warm your face remember that nature is beautiful. You have to appreciate the smallest shit. Even if it's just a house you drive by every day. Little stuff.

3. It's making the anxiety worse because weed amplifies whatever's going on in your life. If you feel anxious it could make you more anxious, but if you stop thinking of death in a bad way all the time everything will be okay again.

4. Yeah I hate to be a bitch but it would probably help a lot if you quit that shit and went cold turkey for a while, particularly the alcohol. The weed probably does just make it worse, you need time to process your thoughts. Take a break for a while, then when you feel much better celebrate by getting really baked! The high will be better too since your tolerance will have gone down. Trust me it's worth the wait haha

5. Its ok we all go through a "death" period and once you realize you cant die if you dont live you be much better off. My old dealer/ hs buddy was literraly exactly like you and switched from weed to alcohol. 8 years later he is now an alcoholic so you should try to get off that stuff.

6. Definitely try to quit drinking. Alcohol is a depressant, which... depresses you.

7. You're just learning about your own thoughts.[​IMG] 

8. The thing is I've heard time and time again of people using pot to TREAT anxiety, I just don't understand why is doesn't do that for me yknow?

Sent from my iPhone using Grassc

9. I don't know if you take antidepressant meds for your anxiety or depression but i have noticed that when i was starting out on a new antidepressant the first time i would smoke it felt as though it was hard to breathe and i would panic a little. Weed and anxiety meds can have some reactions to eachother so know a days i make sure im used to a new med and before i start smoking again. The combination of weed a small amount of medication has done wonders for me. 

10. calm down. evryone has diffrent chemistry nd weed reacts different. maybe the other pills ur takin did somethin with the chemistry a little. since drugs do change ur body. but i aint no doctor ahahahh. stay in there. i feel u. im always low. always have money nd drugs. but i feel sooo empty. thts the reason i think i get my guap up. i got nothin else to live for im not scared of death.i i dont wanna die tho im only 18 i wanna live till at loeast 30 i hope. so ii just keep pounding drugs nd keep smokin dabs nd keep drinkin nd keep gettin cake. my lifes just a cycle wake up get high pound some unmentionables.hit dabs. take a few shots of rakia. nd work till 6-7. nd then go out nd get fuked up. go home pound more unmentionables nd start workin all nite until like 6am then sleep till 8 wake up do the same thing. aint no joy in that. aint no joy in money. aint no joy in this world.i feel like deaths closer everyday

11. sometimes weed makes me more anxious sometimes is makes me less...depends on how you feel and the weed.

12. Like I said, it depends what's going through your head. The people smoking to relieve anxiety probably aren't subconsciously worrying about death.

13. Indica strains (anything with Kush along with others) can relieve the effect of anxiety since it shuts down the brain and specializes in the body. The reason you're overanalyzing about the concept about the death is that your high was trigged from the amygdala (deals with emotions and the it's side effect such as: paranoia, anxiety, fear, being terrified, sadness and other emotional responses) so the notion you developed was based on a illogical fear.

Are you really scared of death or scared that they won't be nobody to comfort you and provide the solace and compassion in times of distress? Scared that the cause of your death might be painful? There's nothing really scary about death but how the person thinks they're going to die. Think of it like this -- you will be in a unconscious state where the body will shut down for eternal rest, so literally you won't be dealing with the hardships of life, the troubles and difficulties of growing up and the realization that the world will never change, and the despicable nature of shitty human beings anymore because you will be resting and all the stress that was buildup during your alive existence would be gone for good. 

Why kill yourself if haven't really lived? Are there some things on your bucket list that you want to fulfill? Questions that never seem to get answered? Life is a mystery and it's your goal to find that destined path to happiness. 

14. #15 stonedpenguin, Oct 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2013
    [quote name="shaddytheman" post="18882558" timestamp="1382734435"]Indica strains (anything with Kush along with others) can relieve the effect of anxiety since it shuts down the brain and specializes in the body. The reason you're overanalyzing about the concept about the death is that your high was trigged from the amygdala (deals with emotions and the it's side effect such as: paranoia, anxiety, fear, being terrified, sadness and other emotional responses) so the notion you developed was based on a illogical fear.Are you really scared of death or scared that they won't be nobody to comfort you and provide the solace and compassion in times of distress? Scared that the cause of your death might be painful? There's nothing really scary about death but how the person thinks they're going to die. Think of it like this -- you will be in a unconscious state where the body will shut down for eternal rest, so literally you won't be dealing with the hardships of life, the troubles and difficulties of growing up and the realization that the world will never change, and the despicable nature of shitty human beings anymore because you will be resting and all the stress that was buildup during your alive existence would be gone for good. Why kill yourself if haven't really lived? Are there some things on your bucket list that you want to fulfill? Questions that never seem to get answered? Life is a mystery and it's your goal to find that destined path to happiness.[/quote]I know what you're saying about death, and how it's not scary, because that's how I used to feel. I like your outlook and which I could feel the same. I guess what I'm most scared of is dying soon, young, without having experienced life at all.. And just the concept of death. It makes me feel that life is completely meaningless since you won't even be able to remember it. Even if you do something great that affects a bunch of people, they're all gonna die too, so everything is just really pointless and life is so bizarre and I don't like thinking about it because I hate to feel like I'm not in control. And weed makes me think about this, when I'm alone. Last night I smoked A LOT and it was going well, until I started to feel like my throat was closing up and I couldn't breathe (this happens EVERY TIME I smok now) and that led me to panicking that I had throat cancer which gave me anxiety which made me feel like shit which made me think I was going to have a heart attack or something.. Ugh I hate that feeling so much. I guess if I really accept death I won't worry about that kind of stuff. I guess most forms of anxiety stem from some fear of death in a way.

15. Death is not the enemy. FEAR of death is. Nothing real ever dies. That doesn't mean I believe in life after death- that religious concept is still based on fear. What I'm saying is we know our eyelashes contain stardust, proving everything comes from a single source. I do not call that "god" but we are a vital part in the continuous expansion of the universe.

16. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qEsTCTuajE

17. I went through a similar thing when I was your age. Death never really bothered me, I always felt invincible, etc. But then after losing a really close friend the thought of it really started to freak me out. Even if I was high I'd get extremely panicky at night. You eventually accept it and get over it. I'm 23 now and I rarely think about death anymore. However I've completely changed my lifestyle to avoid death as much as possible. 

When you smoke it raises your blood pressure and this could be part of it. Your blood pressure rising rapidly could be triggering some anxiety. Have you tried edibles? Even concentrates might be better suited for you right now. 

18. Life is a death sentence.

19. Don't worry op sometimes weed opened my eyes to many realities , both good and bad ....

Sure I'd like to not feel that way cause its more comfortable but you have adjust yourself and face those eye openers .....

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app