Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I can't roll a joint to save my life?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by CaptainCannibal, May 20, 2009.

1. I know there's a ton of threads on here about this, but I'm desperate for some help here.

This weekend I was at a friend's with a couple people and I was rolling a few joints so we could walk to this old park in the middle of the woods to smoke. Me and two of my friends had already smoked two bowls earlier, before any one else had gotten there. So I was fairly buzzed. I was shaking like crazy and after about an hour, I had succesfully rolled one (very shitty) joint, and had given up on my second.

We just went anyways and passed around the one joint and then smoked the other stuff out of our bowl. The joint burned quickly, hit crappy, and started to come apart near the end. This was my first time rolling in a few years.

Can anyone find a good video or guide on rolling joints? The big thing here is that I don't want to see the damn video on rolling 2.5 gram joints. As much as I love that video, that's not what I want to roll. I want to roll smaller joints so we can get a buzz before we light the bowls. Know what I mean? I need to conserve as much bud as possible while still having a nice joint.

Thanks for any help guys.

2. I cant roll joints either, I just think my hands are incompatible. Good thing I have a bowl!

Joints are bad for you anyways!

3. Dont feel bad I cant roll either. I refuse to roll anymore cause I own glass and cant stand the taste of paper.

4. What makes you say that?

And also OP, there's a sticky on how to roll a joint. It explains it in rediculous detail so you should check it out.

5. Well I always figured.

Weed smoke + Paper smoke is more toxic than just weed smoke right?

Why smoke down paper when you can inhale only weed?

6. It took me forever to learn how to roll a decent joint. But I was determined and can now roll a good joint. I'm by no means a "natural" and I probably never will be, but I can roll a mean joint with enough time/space

7. Weed smoke isn't toxic................and if your weed is toxic that sucks for you

Practice makes perfect....I started rolling my own ciggarettes and thats the fastest way to learn....

One of the things I hate is when someone says they can roll and then they fuck it up and waste the weed.

8. i went kind of backwards. started rolling phillies, then for some reason went for wraps. moved on to white owls and still have yet to master dutches. the other day though i picked up a pack of zig zags for the hell of it and it was a breeze compared to a blunt. but with anything practice makes perfect

9. I'm 100% sure that the weed I smoke isn't toxic, and about 97.34% sure the papers arent either.

10. instead of finding a video for ya ill just type out how i roll.
    1st grind up your bud, bud thats ground up even is much easier to roll than buds thatve been ripped apart by hand
    Next take your paper, theres already the halfway crease on it(with most papers) but i make another one halfway between that one and the side that doesnt have gum on it. you can also make a third crease closer to the nongummed edge. the extra creases can help rolling it.
    Hold one end of the paper with your thumb on the inside spreading the edges, and your pointer and middle finger on the outside. sprinkle your bud pretty evenly doesnt have to be perfect. i roll have the end im holding have a little less than the opposite cause i always roll cones.
    once your bud is on there, take your thumb out and hold onto both ends with your pointer on the backside and the thumb on the side towards you. i have my fingers holding the paper above the bud, not on it. and just slide the sides back and forth to tighten up the bud. some will fall out the ends but you can put it back in later.
    slide the side facing you down until you can either tuck it into the otherside, or so its still a little bit above the bud then just fold the otherside down over it. sometimes itll run with the extra paper but not always. then just roll the back side around til you can lick the gum. dont over lick it you just need to get it a little moist and itll stick.
    after you tighten it you can also roll it up on a table/flat surface instead of holding it while rolling
    now i always tap it on the table like packing a cigarette, if its a cone or whichever end youre gonna spark, have that end up and then just lightly tap it on the table. this will help even the bud out.
    also take a pencil or something skinny enough to fit inside the j with a flat end, and pack down the bud if its still too loose.
    then just twist that end up, and if you need to put a filter/crutch/whatever you call it in the end youll be puffing on.
    then enjoy:smoking:

hope that helped man, if not try youtube

11. oh and if you still cant roll no matter how much you try, go pick up a little zigzag machine roller. there like 4 bucks and really easy to use.

12. weed isnt toxic.
    and also i would rather smoke paper than inhale gas every hit from the lighter

13. Don't feel bad, I can't either. =[

14. Yeah, don't offer to roll unless you actually can haha.

Really? I always figured the stringy tobacco would be counter productive.

15. #15 Occultivator, May 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2009
    QFT.

Some people can read every guide on the web and just not get it. But not to despair, if you are a tobacco smoker than you have an advantage.

Rolling your own cigarettes will make you a joint-rolling master. Start smoking rollies and you'll be rolling joints with your cock elbow in no time at all.

I grew up in Africa, not having any access to glass or plastic devices- so I was forced to roll joints for about 4 years of my life. :p I love 'em!

Isn't all smoke toxic?... ;)

16. *nod* totally agree, I'd be so lost if it wasn't for my bong & micro bong (they can really be small and totally easy to take with you - sometimes I use it without water just as an ashcatcher.. as long as I don't have to roll, joints are a waste of my time, patience, and lungs)

17. All this joint bashing... :( We all know joints are inefficient, no sense preaching to the choir. Have we forgotten our roots?

Here's a simple point I'd like to make-

How many classic songs out there are about bongs? Hmm. Joints? Aha.

18. Finally someone.

Sorry for using the term toxic, but its still smoke by the way and its not magically safe. In the end your inhaling smoke and thats not healthy, So why inhale more smoke when you can only inhale the smoke from the weed and nothing else. With a bowl you inhale only weed and you don't inhale any smoke from the paper.

It is less smoke so its healthier

19. With that logic you should have invested in a vaporizer a long time ago.

And there are toxins in marijuana smoke. Toxins and smoke kind of go hand in hand.

20. if i was that worried about the very small difference between the smoke of a bowl and the smoke of a j, i wouldnt be smoking anything.

nothing tops sparking a nice cone while chillin, driving, hangin with friends, longboarding through traffic, or even charging down a fuckin mountain. joints will always be number one for me.