Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I Cant Live Without Cannabis.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by vap3dg00ds, Jun 14, 2013.

1. #1 vap3dg00ds, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2013
    I just can't. I'm 21 and have social anxiety and some depression that go hand in hand. I've struggled with this horrible condition for 5 years now and the only thing helps me function normally is cannabis.  I've tried pills,alcohol,self-help books and even went to a psychologist but nothing helped. Alcohol helps me a lot but I think its much more harmful than cannabis. Cannabis numbs my emotions and makes me feel happy even though it can aggravate my sa sometimes by allowing me to think too deeply about everything. It helps me function in society and see past the negatives.Heck, I even got a job 9 months ago which is something I wouldn't of had done without cannabis. I've smoked cannabis on and off since I was 16 but recently started vaporizing every night the past year. Its now been 2 months that I stopped cold turkey and I've come to realize that my sober reality is unbearable. I think I'm going to pick up the whip again pretty soon.

• Like Like x 2
  2. I feel the same way sometimes, the exact way. I have the same conditions. Cannabis just makes life feel okay. I would recommend trying to get to a legal state and get a card. Embrace it, for the better.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I hear you on this one man. I'm in so much pain that I can't do anything unless I am able to use cannabis. Sometimes I begin to think I may be "addicted" but then I remember ya' can't be ;).... just kidding, but on a serious note, I can take a t-break if I have to or to show myself I can, but then second, 3rd day I just can't bear the pain I'm in, so it's only beneficial.  :smoke:

4. If cannabis is enhancing your life and not interfering with it then vape away  :) .

• Like Like x 2
  5. You might try a high CBD strain for those times you don't want to be stoned. CBD is an anti-anxiety medicine, but unlike THC, it has no high. It also can help with the short term memory loss that some people find so annoying.

Cannabidiol inhibits THC-elicited paranoid symptoms and hippocampal-dependent memory impairment.     (abst – 2012)          http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23042808

Cannabidiol reduces the anxiety induced by simulated public speaking in treatment-naïve social phobia patients.        (abst – 2011)  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21307846

You might also try taking Omega 3 for a few months. There are two reasons why you should take it every day. First reason (please don't take offense), it helps with mental stability and prevents depression. It seems like the part of your brain that controls mood and depression, can't work right if the CB1 receptors are made defectively and you need Omega 3 for them to be made right!

Omega-3 deficiency disrupts cannibinoid receptor function in brain        (news – 2011)
    http://www.wellsphere.com/general-medicine-article/omega-3-deficiency-disrupts-cannibinoid-receptor-function-in-brain/1347465

How Long Before Fish Oil Works on Depression to Lift Your Mood?  http://ezinearticles.com/?How-Long-Before-Fish-Oil-Works-on-Depression-to-Lift-Your-Mood?&id=4229948

Now the second reason, you will like. The part of your brain that controls mood and depression is also the part that gets you high! :smoke:  Improving the health of the CB1 receptors should improve your high! :smoking: But as in improving your mood, it takes time for the defective receptors to get replaced!

Hope that helps!

Granny

• Like Like x 5
  6. #6 shaddytheman, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2013
    For anxiety, see my thread: http://forum.grasscity.com/science-nature/1223057-cannabis-cerebral.html

I described what triggers your anxiety and leads to a bad high, also how can you solve the problem.

As for depression, there has been new evidence that says depression stems from miscommunication in brain cells and not just affected serotonin levels. 

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/03/130318105329.htm

However, serotonin does affect your mood and can launch into depression and other internal disorders. Here are some foods that boost your serotonin levels:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/18389-foods-serotonin/
    ^^ You are what you eat! Remember that. 

and 10 quick ways to boost your Serotonin levels:

10 Quick Tips to Boost Your Serotonin
    This week's Tuesday Ten features simple tips to make your brain hum. You'll feel so great, you'll be looking down on Cloud 9.
    Before we get to it, a word to the wise about serotonin:
    There is quite the plethora of mood-elevating, serotonin-enhancing products and drugs available. If you don't want to go the Prozac route, there are many excellent natural methods for boosting your mood. Indeed, many studies have shown that natural methods like  by Browse to Save">exercise may be just as effective as traditional drug therapies. (However, in some cases,  by Browse to Save">depression can become so severe, there's simply no food or supplement that is going to “cure” you. I like to remind my readers that it's always important to consult an expert before embarking on your own curative adventure.)
    But for light cases of the blues, or stressful days, there are plenty of things you can do to elevate that feel-good hormone, serotonin:
    \n10. Avoid the fast track to happiness.
    Carbohydrates give you an instant lift because they trigger the release of serotonin. Indeed, I've seen several articles lately actually recommend eating a sugary treat to boost your mood and sleep better. Bad advice (see Dr. Weil's take). Carbs are a quick fix, but they do nothing to stimulate ongoing production of serotonin, which is what you want.
    9. Don't avoid carbs entirely.
    Proteins contain tryptophan, a large amino that converts to serotonin in the brain. (I'll be discussing tryptophan supplements in the future.) Yet relying solely on protein can hamper serotonin production. Though scientists aren't sure why this is, it makes sense that subsisting entirely on one macro-nutrient might cause problems for brain chemistry.
    Tryptophan works best when consumed in conjunction with a small bit of carbohydrate, such as a scoop of brown rice, a handful of nuts, or a few tablespoons of legumes. These complex carbohydrates are essential to helping your brain properly process the tryptophan in protein. Vegetables are also great – and my preference.
    8. Eat protein.
    Turkey, fish, chicken, cottage cheese, nuts, cheese, eggs, and beans all contain generous levels of tryptophan.
    [​IMG]
    7. Eat fat.
    Hormonal processes require essential fatty acids, so don't shirk your “good fats”. Get plenty of DHA-enhanced eggs and dairy in your diet, and eat fish a few times a week. Good sources are wild salmon, mackerel, and tuna. You vegheads can also nosh on avocados, nuts, flaxseed, vegetable oils (walnut, avocado, almond, flax, olive) and seeds.
    6. Take a  by Browse to Save">fish oil supplement!
    Though fish oil won't produce serotonin, essential fatty acids play a vital role in brain health and mood regulation. I recommend Vital Omegas, of course, but there are plenty of good ones on the market. As with most things, you do get what you pay for, so buy the best you can afford.
    5. Exercise to feel good.
    Exercise is a natural stimulator of many important “mood” hormones, including serotonin and dopamine. Don't think of exercise as a chore to  by Browse to Save">lose weight or prevent heart disease “someday”. Realize that 15 or 20 minutes of exercise every day will naturally release these feel-good hormones that are so vital to feeling happy and calm. As junior apple Mike A. says, exercise is about feeling good, not just looking good.
    4. Avoid the stimulant cycle. (They didn't say Cannabis ;))
    Caffeine, sugar, alcohol. Caffeine, sugar, alcohol. Many of us get trapped in the stimulant cycle. These substances temporarily give you a lift, but actually deplete and blunt valuable hormones in the long run. If you like caffeine, try to limit your java intake to one or two cups a day at the most. The same for alcohol. I recommend avoiding sugar completely.
    3. Sleep right.
    When we're feeling down, it's tempting to sleep, sleep and sleep some more. But quality sleep is far more important than quantity. Force yourself to get up early, but allow for a rejuvenating nap midday if you need it (just don't exceed one hour). The same goes for stressed-out workaholics getting by on 5 or 6 hours of sleep a night. Find a way to get an extra hour (hey, that sounds like another Tuesday 10 to me!).
    2. Investigate supplements wisely.
    HTP is a popular supplement, but I personally prefer rhodiola, which actually slows the process of serotonin breakdown (it also has better scientific backing).
    1. Boost other hormones!
    Oxytocin is another feel good hormone often called the “cuddle hormone”. Oxytocin is released when we feel love, trust and comfort. It can be even more powerful than serotonin. If you need a lift, remember the power of simply spending time with your significant other or family members and friends.
    Read more: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/serotonin-boosters/#ixzz2WAByk8ZW

Hope everything goes well. 

• Like Like x 2
  7. Another psychologist.

8. Granny, what is the best way to consume omega 3?

9. I eat a fair amount of wild fish (higher in Omega 3) and some farmed.  I also take a mix of flax seed oil, fish oil and I fill my own hemp seed oil caps. Freshly-ground flax seed (it can go rancid easily) goes in my morning oatmeal and home-made bread.  Hemp seed finds its way into my diet now and then, but it is expensive!

Men seem to do better with more of the long chain, fish based types. Women are able to process the short chain plant types better than men, but I think a mix of both plant and animal Omega 3s is best.  I don't feel like looking up the study about all that right now, so you can go to PubMed and look it up yourself if you really want to read the study!

Granny

• Like Like x 2
  10. Research is in my name.

11. You can live without it, which you obviously have for 2 months so far.  You just prefer to use it.  I see nothing wrong with that.  If cannabis is helping you, then why not use it?  Why did you quit in the first place?

12. Man I'm in the same boat as you.
    Not only sa, and depression, but physical pain too.

Don't get me wrong 1 class of meds works very well but very addictive and hard to get prescribed them nowdays.

Weed is best but its illegal and expensive as hell.