Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

i cant light a pipe without burning myself

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by fruitsalad, Jul 2, 2011.

1. everytime i've smoked someone has lit the pipe for me. i tried to do it myself and i can't. i burned myself. aghh what is wrong with me? i dont understand how to bend the lighter to go into the pipe?? im so frustrated.

2. 1. Hold the pipe in your dominant hand.

2. Light the lighter with your off-hand.
    - observe which direction the flame ignites in, you want to be facing that direction to avoid burns.

3. Flip the lighter upside down, and away from your hand.

4. Suck the flame into the bowl from a side angle and through the weed crumbs.

5. Enjooyyyyyyy.

3. <<<<<sighhhhhh>>>>>> Rookies:rolleyes:

4. Dude, totally normal. Back when I first started, I felt like such a doof having to ask my buds to light the bong for me. I totally get what you're feeling. Just lay it flat, so it's like at a flat 180 degree angle on top, don't aim the light hole towards the bowl, light it, and suck the flame into the bowl.
    Totally normal though, it'll go away by like the 3rd or 4th time you smoke.

5. See, this is odd. I hold the pipe in my non-dominant hand and light with my dominant hand. Actually, now that I think about it, I light a joint with my non dominant and hold the j with my dominant. This is fucking crazy. Epiphany.

6. I do the same, I hold the pipe with my non-dominant and light with my dominant and vice versa for jays. :smoke:

7. Stop it! :p

8. Thank God i'm not alone. It almost makes me feel ambidextrous. I can't believe that just came out of my fingers i'm too high to type long words.

9. Know I'm late but this really helped me. Although I've smoked plenty of times but I've always managed to burn myself until your trick.

10. If they haven't learned in 9 years then they're is no hope.

• Agree Agree x 1