i cant get over it

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by nicolerrico, Feb 4, 2013.

1. how do you get over it when someone youre in love with breaks up with you?? its been a month and i still cry every day.. this is just so hard :(

2. Broke up with my 4 year gf unintentionally long story lol after that she wouldn't take me back. Was down in the dumps for a while but then you realize there's tons of fish in the sea. Go out more often don't just wallow in self pity hoping things will get better on their own.

3. #3 ByePhilipe, Feb 4, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
    I guess you just come to the realization that it's over. Lots of times you replay the awesome moments and you remember the awesome feelings. That is really counter productive towards moving on.

I learned on Oprah that what we are really mourning whenever we lose someone or something happens is the loss of the dream.

You are mourning all if the things that didn't happen. Your brain was thinking that this and this was gonna happen and then boom! Now you have to sort through all of those hopes and realize that they are not ever going to happen. It's heartbreaking to think, we are never going to laugh together again. We are never going to make love again. We are never going to do whatever again.

It takes a while to get over someone you love. It took me two years to fully get over my first girlfriend. She was amazing. Then one day I woke up and realized that the girl I loved didn't exist anymore. She had changed. I had changed. Those days of being 18 and living young and wild and free were over and done with.

Then I was set free.

Same with another guy I was super into. I realized that in his mind, I was no longer an option. Even though I feelings we're strong and I cared about him deeply, he already made up in his head that we could never be together.

So I was like welp, time to move on to a man who can see a future with me.

I guess I just try and rationalize everything.

It also helps to let all of your feelings out. Ive never been the type to hold in feelings and it really helps to tell someone, I thought that you loved me and for them to say, I did or I do or I don't or whatever just so you don't replay those questions in your head.

4. Try not to question what went wrong it'll only put you in a bad place. Think of it as just a step you're taking to take you to a better place in your life.

I think the worst thing you can do is try and find someone new right away. You should use this time to become a better person on the inside and out.

Try new things, have fun, surround yourself with people that will have you laughing constantly. Try not to talk about the person or mention their name. I dont know if making this thread about the person was a good idea because you'll be thinking about them but I hope all of the advice gives you a little hope.

You can and will get over this person. Theres always someone more conpatible with you, you just havent met them. PM if you'd like more advice, I just went through something similar not too long ago

5. You start by sending me pvt messages and we will see what happens.

6. the problem is, im pregnant with his baby, so i think about him every day, it kills me so much that he wont even talk to me, i just dont know what to do. i loved him so much, it just kills me

7. I have a friend that went through the same thing. Idk the whole backstory to this so I cant give the proper advice

8. That complicates everything so much more. Thats when you see what a piece of shit he really is and you say, fuck you. You left me when I needed you most, now fuck you.

I'm sure you're just thinking about how much you love him but he's not worth your love.

The baby does not deserve all that stress.

I was horribly depressed and had bad anxiety before I got pregnant with my son. I eventually got on anti anxiety pills which worked great but I had to get off once I found out I was pregnant. I got upset because I didnt know how to cope without them. Then I decided with the help of no one else to start seeing life in a different way. I went to a therapist and learned some techniques for dealing with stress.

I wanted to be happy because I couldn't stand the thought of my baby being developed inside of me while I was feeling all of that negativity. I didn't want my son getting those negative vibes so I changed my whole mindset.

In that sense my son changed and saved my life. Think of your baby and how he or she needs his mama to be strong. You're all that baby has right now. He or she is apart of you in a way that almost makes me want to tear up right now thinking about. It's such an awesome thing to be pregnant and to know that you're building a life.

That's what you think about. Being happy and healthy for you and the little peanut. Whatever you feel, peanut feels.

9. This. I hope you dont stress too much because it will hurt your baby. If this guy is refusing to talk to you because you're pregnant then know that HE IS A PIECE OF SHIT. You will have to be strong for you and your baby. I'm sure you'll be happier once you realize how horrible he is and doesnt deserve you.

As much as you love him, a mucb as you'd like to talk to him, it isnt worth it. All that matters is you and the one inside of you.

10. thank you, you really did make me feel better.. i just want to stop feeling this way and i dont know how... i want to be happy :/

11. I know. As much as you want to be happy, you have to go through the bad to get there. You will be so much stronger from this. Until then, take it day by day or hour by hour. Whatever you need to do.

I am a single mom. It sucks really bad but no one can tell me that I'm not a woman who takes care of her shit.

No one can tell me that I don't have my shit together. My son doesn't have a care in the world. He has everything he needs and he's happy. In my eyes, I am pretty much superwoman.

Hopefully you will feel this way one day.

12. The pregnancy thing really threw me off but my friend went through a pregnancy with an abusive guy so I felt like I had to throw in some advice. Does your family know?

13. Best bet is to get an abortion and forget about the guy....he's a shitty person for doing that and doesn't deserve you

For those of you who are pro-life I'm not writing this to offend any of you, I respect you're decision to go pro-life so respect me and my choice of going pro-choice

14. We have already been through this with OP in another thread which I forgot about until now.

Anyway, she doesn't want an abortion.

15. #15 Skunky Monkey, Feb 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2013
    I'm not sure, don't do it my way though lots of drugs alcohol and dwelling over all the little things you did wrong.

It's been 8 months i've made no progress, i still think about her everyday since, so i really don't know :eek:

Try find someone else, the thing i'm finding hard is not finding anyone else but her remotely attractive, i just don't want another reletionship

I am the king of not getting over things

16. I hope for you the best though. You will need to be strong.

17. :(:(:( this thread makes me sad :(:(:(

18. The best words I've ever heard are "you'll get over it". Might sound a bit harsh but you know it's 100% true. You'll get over it.

19. You inbox me and take your mind off things of course