I can't get her healthy

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by James Friedman, Oct 10, 2017.

1. I have been trying to get this girl growing well the past couple weeks and she just won't snap out of it. Just a bit of a back story on the plant... It's about a month old, and has been stressed out a bit. I over-potted it, over watered it the first couple weeks, and then watered much less frequently the past couple weeks. I have been feeding a solution at 250ppm and a pH of 5.5 - 6. I feed a small amount now about once every 5 - 6 days. I use I standard Gatorade bottle with holes in the top and I use about half of the bottle. They are under 100w of T5 lighting.

I have another plant that I have on the same feeding schedule (that is the same size) and it is doing very well. Any ideas?

PS: It looks like the tops of the stems of leaves are turning a bit purple as well as the inner vein.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Large container with a new plant means slow start as far as growth. Plant builds root system first. More media there to root into, the longer it takes. Until roots are formed, the plant isn't going to need much in the way of food or water....basically light. Once root system is in place, plant starts to grow more above soil and at that point, will begin to eat and drink more as it grows. Try a good quality grow soil next time. Coco is kinda tough for the less experienced grower. Light is much more important than nutes if you use good quality soil and understand how and when to repot. Focus much more on adequate wattage and quality light rather than feeding with even intense coverage for every plant you grow. Since we are attempting to mimic the sun, you can understand why big wattage is essential for the indoor grow to get best weight per plant. TWW

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. yep use more light/s ,more light = more growth =more bud ,,,,,,,mac,

4. It depends on how big you want to veg them. Vegging plants don't need nearly as much light as flowering ones do. T5's are great for vegging - directly under the footprint of the light. I have a 2' x 4' 8 bulb T5 and it covers exactly that same 2' x 4' area. So if you want to veg the plants larger than the light's footprint, you'll need more light. T5's also want to be 4 - 6" from the top of the plants. The PAR levels drop off steeply after 6".