Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

i cant fucking sleep!

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by detailed one, Feb 5, 2010.

1. ok i have a HUGE PROBLEM! everytime im dry i cant sleep worth shit (ill be up till 3am wake up at 6 and go to work) and then ill wake up freezing cold for the rest of the day (people say my iron might be low but i dont think it is)

anyone know why?

is it addiction?
    ^i dont think im addicted my renter smokes and i dont get any cravings? is there different type of addictions?

some please repley ASAP

2. i have the same problem because i usualy smoke till i pass da fuk out . i dk man i would like 2 know 2

3. i wouldn't call it an addiction but if you use bud to fall asleep i'm sure your bodies use to it and could be dependent on it....i guess what i'm saying is that your so use to using bud to fall asleep your body doesn't know how to do it by itself

4. i dont use weed for sleep.
    i always find something more fun than sleep when high, so try something else.

i have sleeping trouble too, and i went to the Vitamin Shoppe and bought 3mg Melatonin pills. its a natural sleep aid, from algae or something not sure.

Anyway, i take one of those an hour before i want to fall asleep. i cant even keep my eyes open if i felt like it! try that out, i recommend it highly.

also, valerian root and L-tryptophan (whats in turkey that makes you feel tired) i have heard work well too. i bet you can get them at a similar herb/health food store place.

good luck!

5. #5 t2rfiend, Feb 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2010
    Marijuana is definitely addictive for a lot of people. Everyone will deny it upside down but fact is people do get addicted to it and suffer from withdrawal symptoms. I've seen it in too many people to say it's not.

I hear this same thing from 99% of the tokers I know. When they quit toking they can't fall asleep as easily before for a short period.

Falling asleep isn't going to happen when you are TRYING to do it. If you *try* to fall asleep you will just keep tossing and turning.

You need to lay still and comfortable and think about anything other than sleeping.

It's all psychological..

Lots of other tips to help you fall asleep.. you can find those on google..

6. You could try working out more before bed (pushups and situps) to make yourself a little more tired. I did that when I had to quit for a pee test. There's no downsides to working out a little and you'll hopefully get rid of your sleeping problem.

7. Try meditating in your bed. I find this extremely helpful. Focus all of your thoughts and energy on the back of your eyelids, dont play any music in your head. Just concentrate on white noise and darkness. You'll be asleep in no time.

Or this. Exercise is vital to getting a good night sleep if it doesn't come easily. Maybe run a mile or two when you get some spare time in the day.

8. I cannot sleep worth a shit without smoking. The ONLY way I can, is if I wash my sheets/blankets/ETC. The smell of clean bed puts my ass out.

9. I understand you man, I had a similar problem.
    Its like you go to bed, close your eyes for a second and next thing you hear is your alarm clock goin off. Its like you didnt even sleep, just time travelled. horrible

My advice to you would be to take the melatonin pills, they really do help OR
    buy these pills, they are called "Tranquil Sleep" and take two of them about 30 mins before you need to go to bed. They work amazingly, you feel like you have been up for 3 days and instantly fall asleep. I hope you fix ur problem and Have a nice day everyone:wave:

10. #11 detailed one, Feb 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2010

yeah i heard turkey makes people pass out and yeah ill look more up on thoughs pills (i rather take natural path sleeping pills then the ones with all the chemicals and shit)

11. do you guys excercise/work/study do anything that makes you physically or mentally tired? do you have a nice comfy bed? do you have mental issues while lying down like panic attacks? just curious, cause i sleep like a baby. but im a young adult so idk. it can also be because of what you eat and drink and yes even how much you smoke if youre a chronic smoker 24/7 and smoke every night before bed and every day when u wake up and all the time in between chances are youre gonna need some bud to help you sleep regularly cause youre body gets used to this pattern

12. It is common for pot to mess with brain waves and sleep cycles. The "on pot / off pot" cycle can really mess with people. Some go to smoking all the time to keep it from happening. Other people quit for months just to stabilize their sleep before going back into it.

It's not everyone, and it's not all the time, but it is common.

13. Yeah melatonin is where the shits at, and it gives me some pretty crazy dreams if your into that too.

14. yeah me and my girlfriend smoke alot rarely a time were dry but every1 has a dry spell from time 2 time (inless they grow or have money to spend all the time)

15. you know where to buy melatonin?

16. I experienced this once about a month ago. I would say it felt exactly like trying to go to sleep on acid. Minus the obvious visuals.

17. Just wondering, perhaps Im alone on this, but I always have trouble sleeping after smoking even if I smoke an Indica strain (though its not as bad). I try to never smoke within 4 hours of when I want to go to bed. Has anyone else experienced this?

18. nope but i hate when i cant sleep when im dry because i have to work in the morning :mad: yeah i usually get indica off my usual guy then sativa off my 2nd guy (usually always wet so barley buy)

but indica i like the body high and then a nice nap after (love it :D and if you have a bad day indica is where its at)

19. yeah its like trying to sleep on any hallucigen but no insane visuals and shit (what sucks even more least id have some entertainment :p)