I Can't Figure This Out, Please Help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by cogrow93, Mar 17, 2013.

1. I have had this problem twice in a row with 2 different strains one being indica dom and the other being sativa.

Anyways, I am using rockwool cubes, my temps never go above 79 degrees nor below 65, I am controlling my tempatures and humidity via humidifier in tent and portable A/C outside of tent. I also have a carbon filter with a large fan and my 600 watt MH and a fan cooled hood. The humidity fluctuates between 35-55 RH (it is very dry around here). I feel they are too young for nutes so I havn't fed them yet. I am sure they will let me know when they are ready for some good GH nutes as I do have the whole lineup. The hydroton has been cleaned. I check the ph/ppm's twice a day and keep the PH level at 5.6-5.8 and the ppm's don't exceed 200. I am using city water (recommended use by a well known local grower here) I let it sit 24 hours before feeding. The temperature of the water ranges from 68-70F. I have the light 28 inches from the top of the plants. I clean out the system every 4-7 days, the light schedule is 18/6.

So most of the things I read on these problems would be due to nute burn/ heat stress/ overwatering/ incorrect PH etc.. I am using bluelab pens for both PH and PPM's and they are calibrated a minimum of once a week. The system I am using is a top feeder by GH called waterfarm.

What I can show you is how it started on previous plants, how it ended, and how it's starting again on new plants.

The strains are Pineapple chunk, tangerine dream, aurora-b, dutch passion blueberry, bubblegummer, jack herer, brainstorm, and super skunk.

The first picture is how it started on the last grow, the second it how it ended, the other 2 pictures are of a new plant starting out the same way.
    Thanks for the help it is much appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. A. Don't feed till the coyts fall off.
    B. Your RH needs to be higher when dealing with seedlings.
    C. You are putting them into the WFs too soon, let em get bigger. Then add so you do not get damage from water splashing onto em while HID is on.

3. Thanks I didn't think about C that is awesome, now I know to keep them out of WF until they are bigger. I don't feed them until later on in growth but it seems like you could be right about water plashing on them. I really appreciate that.

How big would you recommend before putting in WF? Like is this big enough for it?

Attached Files:

4. bout like this
    [​IMG]
    other two are moms

Attached Files:

5. Shit, I was waaay off on times to transfer them to top drip. Thanks a lot dude that's some useful information. Now I can avoid killing baby's in a WF.

6. very nice plants dude!

7. I grow from.seed straight in my top drip. Thats a mute point there it doesnt matter how early you start in hydroponics. I have to transplant so i dont but your problem is nutes way to early. Wait till she looks like she needs nutes before you fed her. She will last about 3 weeks from seed without nutes then always start them with very low.dose.