Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I can't feel my face... again!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by OlixWolf, Feb 2, 2012.

1. About two months ago, I went to a friend's house with the soul purpose of toking it up. I hadn't really smoked that much before that - maybe a few times. She is a pro, a real pro, so I thought I could learn some techniques from her.

I went to her house, and when the time came, she took out a bong. I had never used a bong, (only used a glass pipe in the past) but I was willing to try. I had no idea what was to happen.

I took a hit, and could not take in all the smoke. I started coughing a LOT, and almost threw up. It took a few minutes for me to calm down, but I wanted to try again. I took another hit, and again, almost threw up. That's when it all went downhill.

To make a crazy, long story short, I was EXTREMELY high. Like, not in my mind high. I was falling over myself, looking at my hands like I'd never seen them before, and spinning in place. It took one week - ONE WEEK - to be perfectly back to normal. I couldn't feel my mouth or face move when I talked.

Now, last night, I was in the room when my boyfriend was smoking some 'space weed', as he called it, but I'm pretty sure it was just some strong stuff, (I did NOT have any) then, well, we had sex, and laid down to go to sleep. I started FREAKING out at little sounds. Panicking.

So, it's the next morning, and I still can't feel my face. Obviously, I can think and type and speak coherently. Was it the second-hand smoke? And what exactly is going on in my brain?

Just for some background information, I take anti-depressants - Topamax, Abilify, and Luvox. Could that be the problem?

2. I can't think of any other reason why this would occur with the herb.

And being on 3 different anti depressants and smoking weed is not a good idea!!

3. anti-depressants... there you go lol

4. I feel bad 4 your bf.

5. It sounds to me like you just got really, really high. I only just started smoking last year, and what you describe, right down to the not feeling your face, sounds like some of my first experiences high.

I know it can be scary, but the secret is to remember that cannabis has never hurt anyone - just remind yourself of that and sit back to enjoy the ride like you would enjoy a roller coaster.

As an aside, we can't talk about drugs other than cannabis, tobacco, and alcohol on the forum, so you may want to edit your post. :)

6. I think your problem is the fact that you probably have a low tolerance and also that you're taking three anti-depressants.

7. Allergic?

8. its the other drugs. stop takin em if you can usually most of them dont work, just make it worse.

9. Oh and I'm pretty sure your boyfriend was smoking synthetic weed.

10. She clearly stated she didn't smoke any, guys.

11. Yeah it's the anti-depressants for sure. Ganja can make pharms do some interesting things when combined. On that note I don't recommend mixing your herb with anything...

12. There is no way you were high for a week. That is not weed but a side effect from your medication.

13. [quote name='"SativaShark"']It sounds to me like you just got really, really high. I only just started smoking last year, and what you describe, right down to the not feeling your face, sounds like some of my first experiences high.

I know it can be scary, but the secret is to remember that cannabis has never hurt anyone - just remind yourself of that and sit back to enjoy the ride like you would enjoy a roller coaster.

As an aside, we can't talk about drugs other than cannabis, tobacco, and alcohol on the forum, so you may want to edit your post. :)[/quote]

alright shes taking other drugs, most likely prescribed. this is info that we all need to giv her better advice. you didnt even mention the neg. effects of those drugs in your answer, even though its pretty important.

14. The problem is. Your a dumb girl smoking weed

15. I dunno, I find other things tend to elongate my high, and I doubt anti-depressants probably aren't helping your case... Stop taking for a bit and try smoking and see if it's any different.

16. OlixWolf-
    Panic attacks and anxiety can cause numbness and or tingling (paresthesia) to any part of your body (due to hyperventilation). Also, the neuromodulators (Topamax, Abilify, Luvox, and marijuana) you are on can cause paresthesia. Since you are on a number of neuromodulators I would resist the urge to stop your medication without consulting your physician first. Stopping cold turkey could result in some unwanted side effects. I hope that helps a little. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Good Luck!

logan20519-
    May want to check this before you call someone dumb. Some comments can be more revealing than others ;).

Your vs. You're - English Grammar

17. Haha I just got shown.

18. Can't believe no one has said this yet; Cannabis is 'Nature's Anti-Depressant.' Go down to 2 pills for a week, then 1 pill a week and then no pills a week. Smoking should make you feel good to counteract being off the pills :)

19. sounds like a personal problem

20. Replace your lab chemicals you call anti-deppressants with all natural cannibis. Fuck those synthetic toxins that the tell you are good for you. Go natural.