i cant feel emotions

Discussion in 'General' started by negligent, Jun 2, 2007.

1. this has been goin on for quite some time as far as feeling bad emotions, like i know whenever i feel sad or angry or having anxiety, but i dont really feel it.. you know when your sad and you have that sinking kinda feeling in your chest and head... well i dont feel anything, my body /head feels totally normal, but like inside my mind i know whats going on but i cant feel it. back whenever i used to be real addicted to drugs i would feel the worst shit and it would last forever but now i just dont feel it.. but now i'm starting to go numb to the other side of emotions, the good ones. if you knew me personally you'd know that i'm always smiling or have a grin on my face when i'm around people, no matter what mood i'm in, but lately i havent been smiling as much or laughing as much either.. even when i'm stoned. i havent felt what i would consider happiness for awhile and i'm wondering whats going on.. it was actually kinda cool to not be able to feel depressed but now i'm starting not to be able to be happy either. i dont want to just be stuck in neutral forever.. anyone know what might be causing this.. i always figured not bein able to feel sad or angry was because of my insane DXM intake (dissociative anesthetic a.k.a. your detached from yourself) but i havent done DXM in a long time and its traveling to the other emotions

maybe i just need to fall in love.... wait i forgot, i havent been able to feel that one either even if i really like the girl.

any cures?

2. woooo!!!!! Damn dude I dont know what to tell you this really sounds serious no offense but as much drugs as you taken it might be because of that.

TRY QUITTING EVERYTHING FOR 3-6 MONTHS OR POPPING AN EAZY THOSE THINGS ALWAYS GET YOUR E-MOTIONS GOING LOL.:D

But for real dude I really feel sorry for you cause being depressed sux but just feeling Neutral thats hell.Oh you could also try a new religion just renounched my Christianity/Catholicism(rememebr South Park that was funny Ism's) But Buddhism sounds good.

Also try fasting for a week or two this means no chicken (this includes eggs and mayonaise) Pork, Beef any kind of meat.

The only thing you can eat is fruits,fish,grains and veggies go for it dude.:hello:

3. well, pretty much i havent been doin any drugs, i even cut my weed use down to once or twice a week, quit smoking cigarettes (fuckin finally), and i stopped fuckin with heroin (cuz all my connects got popped, which is good), and other than those 3 drugs i havent done anything, i'm wondering if drugs are my life source or somethin because ever since i quit doin dope (i was only doin it once a week) the ability to feel good emotions ahs started slipping.

i dunno, if anything i'll just become a serial killer, i always figured it would happen and here i am becoming a cold emotionless man

4. Maybe you should go to a rehab type place man

It sounds like you need some counseling/therapist time

5. you need to replace the good feelings you used to get from drugs with good feelings from other things. if somone smokes weed everynight and thats the best part of their day then they stop, they need to find another best part of their day or suffer from apathy.

6. Perhaps it's just a little depression from the lack of everything, keep your head up dude it'll get better.

7. I'm telling you dude try fasting it helps your spiritual watsamacallit and helps you practice self control.Oh I forgot to add alot of people dont smoke weed while fasting couldnt do it so I substituted it with another Human pleasure yep you guessed it 2 weeks with no type of Ejac. Longest 2 weeks of my life.

8. Thats a great thought. Try to find a hobby or something that makes you feel good and relaxed, see if that helps.

9. Hm I myself feel like that, have for a year or two now. However, its only sad emotions that I dont feel. I'm always very happy and in an optomistic mood. I dont mind it at all though.

I say, you either alone or with some people go camping. Head out into the middle of nowhere and spend a weekend with just mother nature. I think it will be good for you to get away from everything and enjoy some tranquility and also give you time to get your head on straight and some inner thinking.

10. i can sort of tell what type of person you may be just by the '' baphomet'' in your sig. /// a lot of people may know what this is , but they dont.... by you having it in your sig. i take it that it has meaning to you, so therefore ill take it that you are intrested in the occult///

maybe you should try a planetary magick cleansing ritual,,it will make you feel refreshed. maybe find a female friend whose intrested in the same things you are... do a ritual toghter,,, go stand in the rain. let the water take your bad feelings away.... water is the cleansing of the spirit.

or you may be so far gone, just get a sheep, ,, cut his head off, and summon a demon to posses you ,and destroy the city, killing every man woman and child<<<< thats a joke, o.k

i do hope you feel better, try a cleansing ritual, it will make you feel better...

11. yea man when i use to dex back in the hay day i was ruthless
    i never understood how mobsters and gangsters actually took someones life, but while on dex, psh, that went right out the window..when your chillin on them high doses you dont give a fuck, no emotions and that was for sure. but it always ends a few days after the trip for me....i dont understand your case though...GL neg

12. You're depressed. The severity is impossible to say without evaluation but being numb is not good. If you'd like my advice, lay off the pot and try to live a healthier lifestyle mentally. You may need to spend some time on an anti depressant to get you out of your funk.

13. Maybe your neurotransmitters are a little wacked? Could be a lack of seratonin or dopamine.

14. I get that way sometimes. Take some St. John's Wart of 5-htp. Always helps. :)

...or you can look at it like this: Without emotions you can now be hired as an assasin. Kill without remorse.

15. If it is beginning to bother you to a great degree, and it doesn't seem that you can get over it by yourself (quitting drugs for at least a month or two, exercising, eating a little better, doing something that you feel you enjoy and is worth your time) then you probably should try to consider some sort of antidepressant, if only for a few months to maybe get your serotonin and dopamine in check. I personally haven't wanted to take antidepressants for a while, but i have been in a similar situation where i can't seem to get motivated to do anything, and am slowly considering them before it gets much worse

16. ...i wish i could offer advice, but i was actually coming here now to post a thread about how to quit feeling ::rolleyes::

i would suggest putting yourself in an atmosphere where you can meet new people, have a good time, and get new perspectives on the world... get a hobby... i get moderately depressed when i can't get ahold of friends and/or i'm by myself for periods of time, and having my hobbies to fall back on helps get through those phases

17. So basically what el dudo is saying is check yourself in ni99a and not to a hotel either us stoners dare speak its name LOL:D

18. its gotta be related to all the DXM and you said you fucked with heroin? yea thats gonna trash your dopamine you need a long time to restore that. start exercising drinking lots of water gettin a good diet because all those things will help you feel better and help your brain. whatever you do you gotta do somethin and make sure its not drugs...sittin around and thinkin about how bad you feel will just tear you apart...you gotta trick your own brain sometimes and do other things to forget about all this shit. good luck

19. yeah man. detox. your neurotransmitters and overall body chemistry is most likely fucked.

There's nothing wrong with seeking professional help either. Good luck.

20. I would recommend no drugs or alcohol, eating healthy, exercising more, going out and not doing things like partying too much etc.

If that doesn't work, try some lexapro or zoloft.