I can't eat

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Mogwai, Jan 11, 2013.

1. So for like a week now I just can't seem to eat. It's hard to explain kinda but I'll try.

So I'll get a hunger sensation after a while of not eating just as I would normally.. but I don't have the actual motivation to go and get something to eat. After a while it starts to get that feeling where it feels like my stomach is like eating my body from the inside, so I'm like fuck this I'm gonna go eat.

I'll make a hotpocket and try to eat it, but I can only get through half of it usually. Even though I'm hungry as soon as I put it in my mouth it just feels nasty. Just rude as fuck. I force myself to eat as much as I can and I feel like I'm going to be sick from it the whole time/for a short while after.

I was thinking it was just my diet though.. like I was just trying to eat the wrong stuff and I needed "real" food, not some microwave bullshit.

Today I went to a friends house for dinner and her mom made fish. I normally like fish a fair bit, and this stuff was cooked well. It was definitely solid meal material. But I just couldn't do it. By the time my friend was done eating I had barely finished just one piece of fish before saying I was full because I was starting to feel sick.

So what the fuck? Why am I suddenly not able to eat? I'm not really sick or anything.. I have a mild cold but it's not the first time I've felt sick this winter and I've never had this problem before from just a cold or anything..

So uh... I dunno what to really ask. I guess what should I do?

2. So don't eat

Take body pics of now and your next meal....I wanna see your machinist transformation

3. I normally wouldn't mind not eating.. but now when I smoke I sometimes feel really weak and it's to the point where I have had to cut back/makes me sketched out about smoking with people

4. Since I've started smoking regularly, my appetite has been basically cut in half. I forget to eat or I'm not hungry. Like you, when I eat, I get full pretty quickly.

I don't mind it. I didn't even realize until someone pointed out that I never eat dinner.

If it matters to you, I would just try to make the best choices when you do eat. I'm no nutritionist. Just taking a guess on whet you should do if you don't want to cut back on weed and see if anything changes.

5. My theory is that your body is becoming aware of the fact that each pound of fat has 3,500 calories + the fact that consuming cannabis increases the efficiency of communication within the body, which = lack of signaling to your body to eat more. However what's probably wrong in this situation is you might not eat a lot of fat, so your body never adapted to burning fat efficiently as fuel. If you are a sugar eater (carbohydrate consumer), then you are a sugar burner; fat eater, fat burner.

Try eating more healthy fats when you do eat; your appetite might still be relatively small in the beginning, but at least you'll be able to tap into your stored energy more efficiently.

6. There is no need to eat until you are feeling well. Have you ever seen a sick animal eat? All animals fast when they are sick and I advise you do the same. Anyways, you and I are simply animals. You're body is telling you not to eat. Listen to you're body. Or don't.

"Everyone has a physician inside him or her; we just have to help it in its work. The natural healing force within each one of us is the greatest force in getting well. Our food should be our medicine. Our medicine should be our food. But to eat when you are sick is to feed your sickness." - Hippocrates

7. Completely agree. If I haven't ate and I smoke I always get really really light headed and have to lay down. I start even like sweating and stuff, pretty shitty.

8. #9 Jumbo, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2013
    you could take some whey protein at least so you dont lose your muscles and get weaker.....

9. Wait you can smoke weed and still not be hungry? Im not joking right now, I didnt even think that was possible, but only from personal experience.

The only time I actually cant eat is when I'm not high, and the only time I'll eat everything I can wrap my hands around is when I'm baked haha.

You did say you have a cold, a lot of the lack of appetite could be due to that, and the loss of smell which makes flavors less intense. Smoke like twice as much as you usually do and see if youre hungry then haha

10. Yeah a lot of times weed doesn't make me that hungry. It will on occasion but it's not common.

Sometimes I can bring myself to eat more, but more often lately the high either does nothing for appetite, or it makes my body feel even more hungry without actually increasing my appetite, which sucks

11. Perhaps you just have a reduced appetite?

Before I was in college, I was able to practically eat a Thanksgiving dinner and ask for more. Now, I barely finish half a sandwich before I start to feel nauseous from feeling too full.

Sometimes I manage to go full days without eating and not realize it. But then the next day I'm ravenous when it comes to food. So maybe it's a physiological thing that could pass or maybe it's your body adjusting to a different dietary change.

Hopefully it's just a phase, but if it continues to worsen I'd strongly advise you see a doctor.

12. thats weird OP, the same thing has been happening to me lately as well. i just try to stay away from processed foods.

if it feels nasty once you take a bite of the hot pocket then mabye try eating something healthier? like chicken breast, brown rice and a salad? or a baked potato?

13. also try to just eat 6 small meals a day if you have less appetite, easier than having to get all your calories in 3 meals....