Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I cant breathe...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by The Third Eye, Aug 10, 2010.

1. #1 The Third Eye, Aug 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2010
    okay so the other night when i was hitting some purp with my mom i took a decent sized hit and then proceeded to cough it out after about 5 seconds, then i literally could not breathe in whatsoever for about 10-15 seconds. i was super scared but slowly i was able to start breathing fully again. While i felt like i couldnt breathe i was not coughing, i only coughed initially.
    Anybody have any idea what that was?

2. #2 We Here, Aug 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2010
    you were so stoned that you thought a half a second was 15?

3. Joking aside, I think this is the answer.

Think about it, once you're "seasoned" you only REALLY cough when you're about to get so stoned you don't know what to do.

Since this whole thing started with you coughing out a hit, I suspect that the high crept up on you, and you were totally gone before you realized it. By the time you figured it out, it was nearly a freak-out, but it sounds like you missed it.

4. start breathing! omg! hurry!

5. I disagree. I'v had this phenonmenon when I was young and we used to try to hit tobacco through bongs, was there tobacco in your hit?

6. nah none. like i know the feeling that you cant breathe in all the way after you cough from a hit but it was that except to the point where i could not breathe in at all lol

7. I have that issue sometimes but its mostly due to smoking to often+chronic allergies

Like I'll try to gasp for air or cough but I can't seem to do either (usually have to chug some water to be capable of even breaths after that)

For me its because of the smoke aggravating an already crappy respiratory system, sometimes though it will do it if its just a particularly harsh hit

It helps to use a bong instead of pipe for me also :smoke:

8. yes! ive noticed i havent ever felt that when hitting a bong. only a pipe. that must be it.

9. Pipes are just plain harsh to hit from hell I still cough when I take hits from mine.

10. same here. I only vape now so whenever i hit a pipe or a bong i cough like a bitch :rolleyes:

11. Invest in a good vape for yourself and never look back..

12. Lmao dude, I just thought you replied on your own comment up further because you guys have the same picture. I was like :eek::eek: