I broke my plant :/

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by EmantheTreeman, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Can someone please help me! I've been growing for about a month and a half now. I've been in 12/12 for about 2 and a half weeks and the light fell on the plant:mad: now the stem is cracked 2 or 3 inches from the top and the whole top (where buds are starting to grow) just hangs. Someone please tell me my plant will be ok and bud properly :( I put a lot of work into this

2. tape it. if not take it as a loss and remove it. the plant will focus on lower branches. u essentially topped it very very late

3. Well what I did was put a splint in the pot to keep it up and sturdy, hopefully this works. If not then yeah what you said, I'll just take it as a loss.
    But I'm not sure what you mean by I topped it too late...?

4. If you cant duck it...

Had some similar stuff happen to me before. Bent a plant over to keep height down. Few days later it snap itself in half! Braced it with paper clip and tape and it recover fine. Some people do whit like this on purpose. Believe it is called supercropping.

If the plant has an open wound I would seal it for couple days with tape or even band aid. This is to prevent infection. Couple day and the plant will heal itself. Really cool looking the way it does it!

Don't worry bout it too much...but if you are worried google it and you will surely find many who have had the same problem and their outcome.

5. Take it. I split this one down the middle like completely down the middle trying to tie her down. She's fine now and I nearly ripped a branch off also

Attached Files:

6. Here's another shot. After having the tape hold the two halfs if the main stem together they fused. Like it wasn't even split six inches down the middle.
    Even if you topped her right now bro. You'd still be fine. Two and a half weeks ain't the end if the world. The two branches below the topped part will grow two nice fat buds. So don't worry yourself over it.

Attached Files:

7. You did the correct thing. Piece it back together and use take or something to hold the stem together tightly. Give the plant support to keep it straight and from falling over. Within two weeks the plant will form a bludgeon at the cracked spot and be healed. Remove the tape or what's used after to prevent it from cutting into the stem as it gets bigger.