I bought a tent. It’s empty. Now what?

Discussion in 'General' started by Cabs, Jul 1, 2020.

1. you moving to the east side? Not to a deluxe apartment in the sky? I never did get the kitchen references in that song. Fish don’t fry on the grill, no. Fish don’t fry in the kitchen beans don’t burn on the grill? Does that mean that when you’re poor you only cook beans outside and when you’re rich you Stop eating fish? Are you getting a bigger tent? Was that a battle with the cozy part of you? I have the SF 1000 in my cart at Amazon. Right now I’m looking at the SF 2000 and HGL v2 qb288. I was thinking that this tent I currently have a may Outgrew. So when I get some thing that could cover a slightly bigger area? I don’t know

2. Damn it man !! Now I’m hungryyyy ..for beans even! And I’m about to hang out with a friend I haven’t seen in a long time! It’s the last HOORAH in the manor as it’s up for sale at the low low cost of 1.1 million..
    GG ..check
    Nectar Collector/ Torch /Wax..check
    Bong Stems bc she breaks hers daily..check check check bc Stoner girls change up their glass like most do their outfits
    Breathe Right Strips for said friends nostrils..nope

But your lighting...you are on it! You can’t go wrong with those choices, really, you can’t. I can’t get down to the nitty gritty with the scientific details, the experienced growers here can though,a GC member advised me as to what I needed and walked me through the process of putting mine together. So I’m useless on that end, but you’re smart to get more than one. The-recommended blurple will grow a plant yes, but most will agree you’ll be disappointed when you the end results, I can maybe see one plant doing so so under that blurple, but definitely not several. It’s one thing to sail through veg, but those flowers, they deserve the best available. I know, I tried, and couldn’t even resale that light, gave it away.

I’m very excited to follow your progress-ya have green thumbs. You’re already a step ahead of the game

• Like Like x 1
  3. I actually had thought about dividing the tent but would be an incredible pain chasing light seeping in and duel carbon filters and heat/humidity transfer all the lights running on the same breakers ect. With 2 tents I could split location in different rooms so the stress of all the electric would be on separate breakers.

4. Lol. Oddly enough my tent was so large with just 2 plants for the first grow that i had them on a coffee table while they were smaller and sat on a shower chair while i worked. I just zipped myself in while I worked and it took a lot of stress off my 6'3" busted up body (I was a breacher in Iraq. Kicked in and was the first man through every door I ever walked through. It was very taxing on the body. But that was a past life) Also not having to struggle working with low hanging lights big bonus.

5. #85 Sandspur06, Jul 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    I got an ActiveGrow t5 led 8 bulb. Ran about $400 and would require 4 total to full coverage the tent. I just have the one and It did great but with it only being 2x4 I was having problems with the 2 plants outgrowing the foot print (even though I mainlined) Figured out I'm still going to have to scrog net when mainlining or immediately switch to flower after trimming and training the mains down flat in week6. I waited a week to gain a little veg back. 3 weeks into flowering those short nodes hit just under 6foot. Learning curve. Ended up just tying all the branches together with paracord guts to make due. But I just started 4 and I'm expanding my "education" by running 2 dwc and 2 promix to offset the possibility of failure with learning hydro. Basically I've backed myself into a corner so I'm forced to get more lighting. Worried about getting hotter hps bulbs because temps already run 81° inside the tent with just the one led. I keep the central ac in my house on 73 and it runs pretty much nonstop as it is now that its summer but I just got in my 8inch carbon filter and 6" AC INFINITY fan (utilizing reducer coupling so I get increased surface area to reduce stress on the fan) so the increased air exchange rate should drop internal temp. It is one big Science experiment until I figure out what methods and equipment work best for ME personally.

6. Considering someone a Dwarf always gives me the mental image of a tunnel dwelling bearded person of weee stature. In my eyes it's really close to calling them a Leprechaun. At least considering them Midgets doesn't harken any thoughts but those of a short person. But who am I to determine what they want to be called. Either way they can't help but make me smile and be in a good mood. It's not like I'm laughing AT them but they are merely enhancing good vibes when they are around. Hell if they want to be called unicorns I'm cool with whatever.