I bought a tent. It’s empty. Now what?

Discussion in 'General' started by Cabs, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Thanks for the response. And you’re right. I should’ve put a number out there. My Thinking at the time was, if I gave people a number, said people, would focus on lights only in that Price point. Leaving out other potential buys that might be more than adequate for My first time. That however has not transpired. So here’s my number $150-$300 should be enough to get me started. I know that’s two numbers. Focus on the positive. And not to be PC, which is what everyone says when they’re about to be PC, but I think they’re referred to now as little people. And try as I might, I have not been able to find A thread anywhere on Grasscity Where little people are interested in such things. Of course. There’s always craigslist. Also. It feels a little strange talking to a perfect stranger about my first time when a persons Moniker is marijuana mommy. Breathe. OK I’m over it.

2. Lmfao! I don’t like calling them LP because I called a coworker that (he’s a ..small in stature male) and he got mad! I’m like ‘what do you wanna be called?’ He responded that his idea of PC was MA. Midget American.
    Truth be told, if your tent is a 3x3x6 you don’t need to find a Little Person, just a very slender one. And who says there has to be any sort of firsts involved in this camping excursion? Lights out, fan turned up, dehumidifier off and enjoy the sounds of the crickets chirp!

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. So. Wait. So we’re standing in the dark, me and a skinny person, in a weed tent with a humidifier in the background and the lights are off. Do we have a stool of some sort? You know what? Forget it. I don’t want to go camping with you people.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. lmfao okay fine , don’t go camping, be the oddity that actually grows weed in that tent lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. You say you bought three lights? Before you picked the one you have now which is what? You kind of took me on a boat ride and left the oars on shore. Didn’t you. This is like that camping trip all over again.

6. I’m freakin dying Okay ..I’ll tell ya exactly what I did with my lighting situation..
    My first light I bought was off amazon, completely ignorant to the entire growing situation, was buying the set up for my son , a hemp farmer. It was like $60, an LED but it was a blurple light. Don’t use blurples. Those are the lights that give off the purple hue in case you haven’t seen them. Let me backtrack to say I had also bought the same size tent as you. Once everything arrived (I’d bought a jar of beastie bloomz too-it was a Christmas present so I needed a few things to make it look like it was something something). Set it all up, tried to buy seeds online but seemed at the time I could only find banks that wanted wire transfers, weird methods of payment, etc. so I kinda cried and when my son brought home a homely plant he’d found for me I cried happy tears and put her in her tent and then THEN joined this forum to ask questions. Was told (gently) that my lighting was subpar and that if I wanted to go LED (I did because I’d read they’re very efficient on energy) to go with a DIY quantum board and that there’d be several on the forum willing to help me build it. They were out of my price range, so I settled on an assembled hlg 65 veg bloom light, $100 bc It was kinda within my budget, after Christmas, tight as hail. Then bit the bullet and bought a step up, the Spider Farmer 1000 Led which did grow my plant well all throughout a long veg in my 3x3, and could’ve flowered with it but tax return season approached and I was finally able to get the DIY HLG quantum board LED’s. I had no idea exactly why I needed what was suggested by members here but these guys know their stuff . That’s why I suggested a budget, mentioning that will ensure getting something that’ll suit your goals.
    I bought two of those lights and the only upgrade I’ll make is another identical light. I spent $320 on lights I’m not able to use for anything much more than vegging , the SF1000 ($150) is being used by s friend successfully growing one plant in a 3x3,, can’t say that was a wash actually. But the first quantum board LED, the $100 one, I use it to veg or I use it as an overhead light to trim my buds lol. HLG DIY quantum board is what ended my light shopping spree. One of those were $70 less than what I’d spent on the others. Price is great if you DIY and there are several people here knowledgeable and willing to walk you through it. If I can do it I think my chihuahua can lol. The cost of one meets the low end of your budget and might even leave some extra $ for new camping gear I’ll try to attach the HLG I ended up with. The $100 one is sold on amazon, but the DIY is not, gotta go straight to HLG for them. With the size of your tent you’ll likely need just one.
    Hope that helps.
    And in all seriousness, you’ll want the majority of your budget going to lighting.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. A mars tsw 2000 would be a perfect fitting light.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Yall got my ribs hurting. Holy hell. I actually went the opposite direction and screwed up and jumped head first and bought a monster tent. 4x8 only to figure out later that its going to cost me a fortune to evenly light it. And also that for me to keep a perpetual grow I have to have 2 tents because the different light schedules. That's what brought me here. I'm definitely interested in knowing more about this DIY light.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Two 600w hps light kits on eBay would be cheap...but it's not as cool as leds is it.

• Like Like x 3

11. Divide your 4x8 in half and use half as a veg chamber half as a flower chamber. Veg doesn't need to much lighting. Start off with a t5 fixture for veg and get 3-4 100w quantum boards for flower.

100w HLG boards are $150.

12. There are incredibly knowledgeable people here on the city. This is my second account. Been hanging around here for years now. I've grown dwc, coco, now organic, and have gathered knowledge from all across the spectrum.

• Like Like x 1

13. Just putting this here, seemed to fit

• Winner Winner x 2
  14. i did it too. In fact I really screwed the pooch by not realizing that the two intake/carbon filters will work in my 8x5.
    i
    i have my DIY lights in my 8x4 and I have the $100 led in my veg tent . I did the opposite of you and bought 4 smaller tents, then eventually made my way up to an 8x4.
    Then last.night someone here pointed out to me I’d have to purchase larger a intake fan for it. DMn I should have known that. And not just the fan carbon filter too. Gotta buy they shot all over again.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Now tell me how that works...how’d we go on that boat ride of I left the oars on shore huh huh ?
    I’d love to be on a boat right now, even without paddles

• Like Like x 1

17. Same here lolol. Im headed to the lake this weekend!

18. No water around my house. Lots of farm land though! 20200530_100122.jpg

19. When I got home this morning I tripped over a random stool placed in my hallway and then wondered why you need a stool in your tent , tent . Please do
    That must be nice. Are you camping? If so I recommend laying the 3x3 on its side. I hope you’re not more than 6 feet long.
    This reminds me of the time I wore the Christmas tree skirt to my own Christmas party.

• Like Like x 1

20. Yea im just over 6ft.

Not going camping. My folks live on the river and my nieces and nephews will be in town for the 4th so im going to visit