I bought a tent. It’s empty. Now what?

Discussion in 'General' started by Cabs, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Should I put a plant in there? Yes! I know that’s what you’re thinking. But I need more stuff right. I’ve heard about all the basics. Lights, Humidifier, dehumidifier, skunk filter, pictures of other successful plants, Rocky’s “eye of the tiger” on a loop. But I live in Southern California and my house has central air, But right now I’m slightly poor. mainly because I live in Southern California and I have central air. So. Here it is: Do I need a humidifier or dehumidifier in my tent? Please explain.

2. Well - sleeping bag, lantern, a pretty young lady and assorted camping gear will be a good start to filling up any tent.

j

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. The tent is 3 x 3 x 6’. She’s going to have to be really short

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Any recommendations on lights

5. I like my Kingbrite light. You can get them on Alibaba. for around $150 or so.
    Avoid Blurples if at all possible.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Thanks. I appreciate it

7. What is your budget?

8. #8 pedroliberty, Jul 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    If you run the air conditioning often, that will dehumidify your air. Still get a hygrometer to put in the tent. As the plant transpires the humidity will go up.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I’m just starting out. It’s a new Adventure for me. I wanna start out slow and see where it takes me. It doesn’t make sense in my mind to spend seven or $800 Anna light I might use once. If anything I feel like I should be looking into what lights have the best resale value. Because whatever I start out with in the end I may not want to keep. Hope that wasn’t too long. Thanks for it

10. Palm springs here. If u are somewhere in Cali that it doesn't get over 100 than I might grow inside. I don't grow in summer. Inside or out. I grow without a tent inside. Lots of fans. I can get better airflow. Good luck with edison 20200326_183113.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. There's no point in putting a dehumidifier in a tent because your constantly exchanging the air. If the tents in a bedroom control the temp and humidity in that room before it goes in the tent.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  12. I agree. Here in Cali u really don't need a tent. U want good fan air flow. Tents in my opinion are for cold weather

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Summer, winter, AC, furnace. You will probably need a dehumidifier AND a humidifier at some point. At least I did, in Ohio with wild temperature and humidity swings.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Get a light, seed, soil, and a container. Everything else take care of as needed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Good luck brother

18. Midgets like to camp too.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. I bought three lights before I settled on the ones that I really should have gotten. Could’ve just bought the final light after what I spent on the first three. But that was before I found this forum. I’ve learned that if you give these guys a budget and a goal they won’t steer you wrong.
    And for the record, I bought a dehumidifier and haven’t bought a humidifier yet. I’ve needed it for all four of my grows (unless there’s something I’m doing wrong which very well could be the case lol).

• Like Like x 2