I bought a new amp last week!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by DJ LBP, Aug 18, 2003.

1. High everyone,

Last week I had the privilege of obtaining a MESA/Boogie Mark III head and 2x12 Boogie cabinet.

This is hands down the best sounding amp I have ever heard. The clean goes from sparkle to jangle to pure low end pop. The dirty will caress you lightly and then skullfuck you brutally until you're just a lump of pulp. But it hurts so good.

Thanks for reading.

2. Nice choice on mesa boogie.
    Im the proud owner of a mesa boogie triple rectifier.

3. Yah, a mesa boogie is a fine piece of equipment.

Right now I've got an Orion Cobalt series amp powering two 10" Cerwin Vegas.

Its a relatively cheap setup that hits really hard. Over the next few weeks though I'm upgrading too a custom install with all MTX components. I'm thinking about moving this system over into my sisters 97 ecllipse. Either that or just selling the stuff on ebay. Havn't decided.

4. haha, we are talking guitar amps, not car stereo.

5. What kind of guitar are you running through your amp? I've got a friend who just sold a marshall stack with the intent of buying a mesa amp, but he's having second thoughts now. The guy's a total gear junky, just bought a boat load of effects, acoustic guitar pickup, and his own pa system... kind of dumb since he's leaving for college tommarow and everything will have to stay at home...

6. Hey Silas,
    I use a Gibson Les Paul Studio. There should be no second thoughts about a Boogie. Everything about them is superior, and they are all worth every single penny you pay.

PS: I moved my entire portable studio setup into my dorm room. Your friend may have a shot at doing the same if he has a private room. Roommates hate that shit though.

7. Thank you for replying,

My friend has a Gibson Les Paul too, and I'm sure he'll enjoy the Mesa as much as you do. His roommate is also a musician, so I'm sure he'll have no problem with a bunch of gear lying around.

8. in what way is the studio cheaper than the standard i forget?

9. No binding, diff hardware, they are not set up at the factory (truss rod, action, intonation, etc.). It weighs a little less than a standard, fits a little closer to the body, but the pickups really sound a lot hotter than any Standards I have ever played...

10. studios and standards have different pickups? wha?