Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

i bid thee, farewell...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by IGotTheCottons, Jun 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I respect that cottons...but whether or not you believe the bible contradicts itself, it doesnt have to be so black and white...just because one little contradiction here or there is found doesnt mean that the whole religion is completely unfounded...Im in no way trying to disprove an entire religion thats for sure....take the theory of evolution for example, its a theory created over time which is almost solely based on the idea of change...evolution is MEANT to change as we learn new things(take for example the new findings of a skull belonging to a humanoid millions of years older than thought in Africa last week)...I feel if some of the more traditional religions where to base their beliefs more on change through learning they might be more excepted. I for one grew up in a very orthodox jewish family, and it was hard undnerstanding why so many people believed that this crazy hippy came out fo nowwhere and suddenly everyone was following him simply because they thought he was the mesiah....ive since drifted away from any organized religion and decided to go in my own direction...

well, I never saw the ark special, but from what you wrote it sounds like an interesting explanation...I figured I would go ahead and ask cause i had been thinking about it....

As for history books having sources and first hand accounts....I was referring mainly to things such as origional diaries which were commonly used by people centuries ago...And since records where traditionaly kept in those manners, it was easy o get to the real stories when you compaired numerous diaries of several people who witnessed accounts etc. But yes, not all thigns history books can be taken for the 100% truth... But compaired to the bible, I feel that I would be able to trust things written in history more than the book of god....Just my own personal opinion, nothing more....

2. Yes, exactly..I feel that there are definately alot of people out there who use marijuana simply to \"get fucked up\"...but if you\'re like me and youve researched everything about the drugs you\'re putting into your body, if youve grown the plants that youre going to be using, if you\'ve gained a respect for these things, then drugs, especially marijuana and other mild psychedellics can be used in combination with your spiritual and philisophical life. I consider marijuana to be a key that can help open \"doors\" that would otherwise be much more dificult to get opened....but if you feel that marijuana just isn\'t going to work out for you especially if you\'re trying to get more involved in your religion, then more power to you cottons....to each his own....

3. well, first off i\'d like to state that i did live \"THE life\" so to say. at first there wasn\'t a problem (because none of my family or friends (who i cared about) knew). here\'s the beef though. my family and most of my friends are very much against marijuana. now most of my family doesn\'t matter much to me, but when i\'m not allowed to hang out w/those that i do care about because they all knew me as a \"pot head\" it became a problem. also, my best friends didn\'t want to be around me because of that. it\'s not that they weren\'t really my friends (they were, and still are), they just didn\'t want to be around me while i was smoking weed... but yeah, before everyone found out all was good. i had the same productive, happy life. but when i can\'t be around the people i care about most because of me smoking marijuana, that\'s a problem. so it wasn\'t an easy choice, and i did understand the life. as for the spiritual sense of things... it goes against my personal convictions, and also the whole thing about defiling the temple of the Holy Spirit (your body). now if it weren\'t for weed messing up my lungs (and practically erasing my short-term memory, lol) there wouldn\'t be much of a problem with that part of it. but it did pull me away from God in the sense that i stopped going to church (\'cause most of my friends go to the same one)... so ya see what i\'m trying to say? i don\'t know if that made any difference in what you think, but i just thought i\'d try to clear a few things up.

as for the Bible debate (lol)... you see, in the Christian religion God is PERFECT, and therefore, His Word (the Bible) must also be PERFECT. so tell me. how can a perfect God who speaks perfect words contradict Himself? if there are contradictions (legit. ones) found in the Bible that means that man had a part in writing it, and it wasn\'t totally God inspired. so... say someone finds a legitimate contradiction. this means the Bible (THE FOUNDATION OF CHRISTIANITY) isn\'t all God\'s word, and therefore Christianity as a whole is no longer reliable... so you see, the Bible can\'t contradict if it is indeed God\'s word. and if a contradiction (a legitimate one) were ever found, it would be the most publicised event in world history, because it would mean the foundation for the world\'s most popular religion is false.

people say over and over again that the Bible contradicts itself... well i\'d like to see someone show me (a legitimate) one if they\'re so sure it does. so far no one has been able to show me a single one. so yeah, think what you want about the Bible. but until you can actually find a legitimate contradiction, don\'t say the Bible contradicts. because you can\'t tell for sure until you\'ve seen it with your own eyes. and if this ever happens, i would love to see it. because i can assure you i can prove otherwise (like in the earlier post about how many disciples saw the ressurrected (sp?) Jesus).

again. everything i say is said with the utmost respect, so please don\'t take it otherwise. i\'m not trying to force anything upon anyone. just stating what is proven fact.

by the way. i have the noah\'s ark thing on tape. if ya want a copy i can get ya one (might take a while though). just e-mail me or send me a private message and we can work out the details later (if you\'re interested that is).

4. ah 2002, that was the year, eh guys? remember?

ahhh.

5. LMFAO!!!! Where the hell did you scrounge this one up?

And where the hell did NuBBiN disappear to?

6. damn, 2k2....a yr b4 i even registered.
    so cottons was gonna stop smokin hu? i take it that didnt last for long :cool:

7. This is an old post and i\'m not sure if anyone actually cares but i feel i need to inform you of the bible is not 100% accurate. The various books of the bible were written at different points than led to believe. There are also refrences to Ramses if i remember correctly 500-1000 years before any Ramses actually ruled Egypt. Just thought i\'d share that...

8. god damn whoever ressurected this...I was reading through this and was building up a great arguement and I find out its 4 yrs old....psssh

9. ME TOO!!! Hahaha

10. Reading this made me sad. I don\'t know you...but seeing how long you\'ve been here and shit... it made me sad. My heart kind of ached for as econd. But superjoint did put it best on the first page.. Do what YOU need to do..and have a good one, bro

11. Man, that\'s so annoying when people resurrect threads.

Funny how IGotTheCottons ended up being a mod and staying all these years haha, much love to that guy.

12. Why dont you just vap it and stop being an ass to your friends.

13. Well, that time is fast approaching myself as well, but for different reasons altogether. I think we all just realize at some point that the fun is over.

14. I can not willfully let this reply go unanswered. I can give you many contradictions in the bible. But all your asking for is one so here it goes. Their is no possible way Noah could have fit all specis in the world on one boat. We havent even discoverd all the speices in the world yet. not to mention the stories about adam and eve, david and goalith, sadam and gamor, water to wine, oh and was moses even a real person i dont think he was and theirs not proof he was. The bible is not the word of god, god is perfect and i beleive a god built this world of ours, but i do not beleive he has anything to do with the \"bible\".

15. Guys, how about we leave him the hell alone and stop badgering him about his decision to quit smoking? It\'s his decision that he made to better himself, lets not make this harder on him than it already is. fact is, marijuana is unhealthy for you, and he has to decided to quit, good for him. i think it\'s great that you\'re embracing religion more than a plant, Cottons. you take it easy man.

16. Digit... Look what you\'ve done... LOL!

Nah... Lasted a while, but then I decided fuck it...

No shit the books were written at different times. They were actually written over a span of about 1,500 years, and the authors lived in an area that spanned 3 continents. I\'m acutally pretty sure there are no references to Ramases prior to his reign... They kind of just call him \"Pharoh\"... It\'s been a while since I\'ve read the OT, though, so I could be wrong... And dude... Just because the Bible references someone before they existed, doesn\'t mean it\'s incorrect... It references Jesus like 4,000 years before he was born... So yeah... Your argument is now null and void.

Dude... I didn\'t leave... It\'s been 4 years since this post... I was actually a Super Mod until my \'puter broke and I stepped down \'cause I wasn\'t here as much as I should have been.

Yeah boi... Much love to you, too :D

Why don\'t you read the fucking date on the post you\'re commenting about... And dude, I wasn\'t being an ass to my friends... They were being asses to me \'cause they didn\'t like the person I was when I was smokin...

Dude... He didn\'t fit all the SPECIES on one boat... Read the fuckin book... He fit 2 of EACH KIND of animal... So in other words, 2 dogs... Not 2 dobermans, 2 pitbulls, 2 collies, etc., and so on with each KIND of animal... The different species we have now is due to selective inbreeding.

The stories about adam and eve, david and goliath, sodom and gommorah, water to wine, and moses not bein real... Can you prove any of that DIDN\'T happen? I think not. Neither can science. Also, they found what they think is the ruins of Sodom and Gommorah under the Dead Sea...

So really... You gave me no contradictions... Plus, any contradiction you may find is most likely because you\'re taking it from a website who took the verses out of context.

17. Hey,

This is kinda ironic to me, It\'s been a long time since I\'ve seen a post from you, IGotTheCottons. I was actually going to make a thread asking what the hell happened to ya. Glad to see all is well even though we dont really know each other. Peace.

-Timmy
    \"Making music is a virus, fortunately there is no cure.\"

18. If Jesus was such an amazing man, why was he forgotten for 200 years before he resurfaced. Weird!

19. Wow I bet when all that shit when down in 2002 you guys wished you had a multi-quote button huh?

20. As far as I know the species of dogs is Canis lupus and the different breeds are families of dogs. From looking at wikipedia it says there are 1,250,000 different species of animals which is alot of damn animals. But I am agnostic and will stay that way for the rest of my life regardless of what ppl say and I can respect ppl who can do the same with their religion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.