I believe we're all in purgatory right now

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by SmokeeTheBear, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Mine is pretty legit.

2. more like hell....but your close.....;):smoke:

3. We can be closer to hell, or closer to heaven in this reality, but this particular manifestation cannot be completely enveloped in heaven or hell, only our true selves have that ability.

You will always be where you truly believe you deserve to be, and that is a fact.

4. i dont believe in facts;):smoke:

you will always be in a state of flux......maybe

5. is it more like a gut feeling? Intuition even, if that then I'm feeling that way because i cant necessarily justify why lol more like i sense it around when I'm with people what's your take?

6. i dont think so im pretty sure were still in the frame of existence we have always been in:smoke: unless its always been purgatory

7. I think you should elaborate before asking me to contribute.

Is this just another one of the many things you have forcibly removed from your anus, or do you have some reasons?

8. [​IMG]

9. I think that this is very true to an extent.
    Each person has a very specific reason for being here and experiencing the world the way that they do. Life is about learning, and to suffer is to grow. The beginning is always the most difficult. This is a universal rule. Now whether this is truly the beginning, or rather that we've simply allowed ourselves to slip back to the beginning, we will again slowly strive towards perfection.
    To say that this is purgatory.. I believe this is a necessary stage for all life at our level of maturity. Whether there is indeed a single mistake we all share, and that this is punishment for that mistake, I cannot say.

10. I second the "Hell" option. Prehaps a poll?:)

Also, while we are here- imagine, if you will, Postal Blowfish vs. Satan...

my bets are on Postal:D

11. lol...I liked the sig he had that said 'who wants a hug'^^

I believe this a place for our development as Souls.....but there being a 'penalty' for us (hell) that we are not made completely aware of does not make the least bit of sense...That any omnipotent God (in a Christian sense) would set up an elaborate puzzle....life...for which when we fail to connect we burn in eternal torment, blah blah blah...

...I believe in a Higher Being, just not the mainstream conception I guess

12. I believe the single mistake that we all share (myself of course included) is not fully appreciating how beautiful union with the supreme truly is. This is the one condition (among many) that we all share in this reality, separation from the source. The "punishment" is continued separation from the source.

I believe the only choice that will eternally condemn one's soul to hell, is the choice that Satan made. The decision that he doesn't need God, that he can stand on his own. His suffering is eternal separation from the source, and he tries to fill that gap in his being with power, as so many of the souls here on earth do.

No matter how many objects you acquire, no matter how many friends you have, no matter how big your house is, or how smart you think you are there will always be a loneliness, a longing that remains for something more. You know in your heart what the only thing that can satisfy that hunger is, so I won't tell you. Peace be with you, all of you. :smoke:

13. #15 TesseLated, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2011
    How is 'justice' served for God by sending one to 'hell' or even causing separation ...your explanation....when one didnt know what to look for because it came wrapped up in a labyrinth of metaphors written by men....the same men that have a human nature just like the rest of us?

In the realm of possibilities that an Infinite power could have planned...this would be a very poor one....

however I agree with your assertion that Man will never be fully content without communion w/God...I dont view It as such with a 'plan'

14. What are you measuring the supreme with?

15. I used to notice it was comforting to embrace "God" on psychedellic trips

Then i tripped HARD one time, 4grams of Booms on an empty stomach after a day of work

and realized thats all it is, COMFORTING

16. [quote name='"OrganicFlowers"']
    Then i tripped HARD one time, 4grams of Booms on an empty stomach after a day of work
    [/quote]

Lol my last time exactly.

17. not supposed to do that ..no no...if you did it right, you wouldnt need the comfort..;)

18. God doesn't send people to hell, people send themselves to hell. That's the whole point.

Purgatory was never meant to be perfect.