Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I believe weed has destroyed my curiosity

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Satstrn, Oct 16, 2014.

1. #1 Satstrn, Oct 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2014
    Hello all,

I've been smoking for 8 years, I'm now 26 and I fear I've become so dependent on weed that it's killed my curiosity in life. When I'm high, I feel curious and motivated about life. I spend most of my time learning and exploring new things, from playing music to reading about history and my career path (currently in school). But when I'm not high, it's just the opposite. I just don't have that natural curiosity about life if I'm not baked. I just kind of sit around and watch tv shows I've already seen and dick around on the internet. It's as if the stimulus bar has been set so high with weed (pun intended?) and sobriety just doesn't pique my interest anymore. Like that "magical feeling" we had as kids when discovering new things only partially exists with weed and is completely gone when sober. Has anyone else experienced this? Do you think I need to cut weed out of my life entirely? Maybe I never had much curiosity to begin with, and what I have now I owe to weed (spent teenage years bullied, depressed and anxious). I understand that for some people this is not the case, I have friends my age who are nearing 6 figures as lawyers with their lives completely together that smoke every day.

2. There's only one solution. Be high 24/7

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. this man knows whatsup

4. i feel you OP i'm dry right now

5. Yep, the real world is a terrible, sad, uninteresting bag of boring bullshit without pot. I've learned to live with it.

6. #6 coolioluke9, Oct 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2014
    I made it to that point in life a while ago. The world is fucking boring dude. 7 billion people on this planet and we are all doing the same thing. Fucking nothing. Stay high 24/7. Its the only thing that makes this life bearable.

And when i say this i dont mean do nothing with your life. I just find the process of becoming successful in life is boring, life is fun but that 40 hours you must spend at work and the lack of money while moving up in the ranks of this world sucks ass.

7. The world is interesting but weed helps you notice it.

or better yet it helps you appreciate the world around you.

8. I think it really depends on how you look at it OP. Sometimes I think that I do study better when I'm high, but really everything is just better when you're high. I think that being dependant on weed for motivation is just a short term side effect of smoking literally 24/7. There are definitely things you can do to balance out a lack of being high by doing other things besides smoking that relax you or get you to a more motivated state of mind. & I don't think it's a good idea to compare lives with other people.

9. It could just be frustration, in general.  I know that my ability to focus on things in life comes and goes - I don't think anyone's got a perfectly even amount of attention and energy all the time.  Could be that you need to force yourself to do some new things (unrelated to weed) and get out of your comfort zone.  Finding yourself in a rut sucks, but you can pull yourself out of it.  

10. It is just a rut you have fallen into. I remember being in a similar situation.  Remove yourself from other humans, eg, go for a walk or bike ride out by yourself without getting stoned. You can get that stoned perspective without attitude adjustment, see things for what they really are.  I cut weed out of my life for the last 13 or 14 years apart from the occasional social smoke.  I miss being stoned like you would not believe, but my curiosity did return, and I do not think that I have lost that frame of mind I used to have back then.  Alcohol does not help the situation I must admit.  It brings back that addicted feeling even though I never ever felt that I was dependent on nice juicy buds.
    Back in the day my friends were astounded that I could pack a cone and leave it unsmoked for hours or days at a time.  It is just a state of mind after all.

But fuck it, I could go a bong right now.

11. I've been smoking since I was 12 now I am 20 so me as well and I'm also the same. When I'm sober its like who gives a fuck about the world but when your high as shit then the explorer comes out😜😜😜

12. I think I'm gonna have to agree with previous posters in saying that it really just has to do with where you are in life currently, and who you're spending your time with/the things that are going on in your life. 

Everyone has moments of bleakness, where the world seems to have become a new shade of bland and doesn't seem interesting anymore. This couldn't be further from the truth though, I'd personally say that we're at one of the most interesting moments in history due to all that is happening in the world, and what's expected to come in the later years! 

TL;DR Try and immerse yourself in the interesting and fascinating things that make our world, politics of our current governing societies, or even into a new life-skill or language that you want to learn.  :smoke:

13. What you need is a big tolerance break, I've been smoking every day for nearly a year and this happens to me when I don't have weed however after a few days to a week I feel normal again.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. I watch the news. Helps me feel shit tons better. I've been smoking for about 10 years now, 8 on a daily basis, and I still find myself being curious about life, and it's goings on.

We all react differently to weed, and so we have to find different ways to HANDLE IT.