I Believe People Who Believe In God/religion Are Crazy

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by UpliftDrummer, Aug 7, 2014.

1. I genuinely think that in this day and age that if you believe in religion then there is something not quite right, for example christians thinking earth is 6.000 or so years old. And things like God creating all man and him sending his son down ? jusst sounds like a fairy tale to me. 

2. our most fundamental beliefs seem so obvious when weve come to accept them ourselves.

3. No one would blame you, except for the radicalists.

4. I also feel that if the only thing that makes religious people good is the fear of god/ rely on a book to know morals is just crazyyyy

also im super high if that doesnt make sense lol

5. I would rather say deluded.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Yeah I agree thats much more fitting

id say more of it comes from wanting something to believe in, as well as being afraid of not really having answers to the unanswerable questions.

8. I feel like religion has created this need for questions when it is really simple science, just enjoy life and love others

If religion created the need for questioning, it was the predecessor to almost all human advancement. ;)

10. Enjoy life and love others is not science, and science does not provide answers to the deep questions that cause people to seek out answers in religion/spirituality...meaning and the like...not does it claim to be able to, it is outside of the domain of scientific empiricism.

11. #11 DobermanGuy, Aug 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2014
    Atheist here. If one had actaully read the Bible with a critical mind, that person would probably become an atheist. Hell i bet none of you have questioned the motive behind the male genital mutilation that has become so common these days. Its fucking disgusting. Peace.

Science does provide answers and none of them point to an invisible man in the sky. People of religion are so engrained and not able to change over time that the field of apologetics was created as a lame excuse to hang onto those beliefs in the face of opposing evidence.

12. Agnostic here. This life shit is 50% science 50% spiritual..become deep into meditation and its no denying that.

13. you should make a  thread about it then

If you ask them, they will tell you you are crazy.  But why focus on such silly things?

15. I totally agree. Also how they use religion to hide behind their beliefs so not to appear a bigot

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. Religion: opiate for the masses

17. I agree. The other day there were 5 catholic women with bibles and roseries pacing up and down in front of an abortion clinic. They were holding signs that had bible scripture on them. I was SMH in disgust at how certain religions make you "earn your way" to heaven. Jahova's witness is another blind sheeple religion.

18. don't forget Mormons

19. Mormonism is a crackpot belief invented by a known liar and charlatan.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. thats the truth. religious people are brainwashed at a young age and never truly re-cover the mental capacity to even ponder on the possibility that there isn't a god, or that there is some other explanation for life. makes me lol

i see religious girls posting stuff like "omg this girl was going to die from this disease, and now she doesn't even need surgery and will be fine! once again god showing his presence and answering her prayers. god saved her." its like no

blood donors, surgeons, firefighters, doctors, etc save u

god does shit all, he aint real