I believe everyone should send this to that Glenn Beck guy

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by CT Burnin, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Honestly Glenn, what are the problems that people who consume the tetrahydrocannabinol face? There are many ways to conusme it for healthier substitutes. The times have changed, you have talked to about the prohibition of alcohol and this is the same thing. It is not going to be stop. It is not going to change. But, the reason it is still illegal, is that anyone who takes presidency will not grow the balls to change the constitution in a time of needed change. We do not see adds the TV for drinking in general and all of the harmful effects, whether or not it has an age limit. It is time to legalize it. It is time to regulate it. It is time to grow up in these times of change and stop hiding behind the truth. Thank you for your time. Good bye.

Sincerely,
    A Cannabis User

2. i hate that motherfucker

3. Exactly I do too
    But the thing is is that
    What would they do if everyone on GC sent that to them
    Do you know how big of a epidemic that would be on FOX News
    We can send all we want to the government but for the
    news it will get out

4. i actually believe he is helping us so stop bashing him please

5. They would say, "Silly stoners with their poor sentence structure."

File>Delete>All.

6. Well When you try to write something high
    Its kind of hard

7. The constitution has nothing to do with marijuana laws...Jesus Christ.

8. but it was drafted on weed (hemp paper)

9. ive seen glen beck in favor of legalization on his show twice, admitting to smoking it, in favor of legalizing it. hes a good guy, people hate him cuz hes on fox but hes getting our message across to a lot of conservatives, and if he likes weed, so will conservatives who previously didnt like weed.

10. lol true...I just laugh at this notion people have that every single federal law is written in the constitution.

11. It has everything to do with the Constitution (and OP the constitution is PERFECT, it is politicians NOT following it that is screwing us).

The constitution is the piece of paper that declares the people have the power. It also declares that every individual has the RIGHT TO PRIVACY. It declares that government should never ever go as far as interfering with people's personal choices as long as it doesn't infringe others' lives. (like the right to choose to smoke marijuana).

12. Yes I understand that...but the federal laws that prohibit marijuana use are not written in the constitution. Correct?

13. no they arent but if the constitution was more strictly adhered to, there would be no marijuana laws. so the way op phrased it...is wrong, but to say it has nothing to do with anything is also not cool..but you obviously understand it yea

14. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZR0IkyAz8w"]YouTube - Glenn Beck: Marijuana Legalized & Taxed[/ame]

no....he is not helping, hes not anything really? he is a dumb shit plain and simple

15. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugdQAA3WPk8"]YouTube - WHY IS GLENN BECK SO SCARED?[/ame]

If you looked at the big picture you'd realize he is quite helpful to the legalization movement when you consider his political ideology and popularity.
    And before you say "Oh, the asshole's just changing his opinion," realize that there are two different debates taking place here...legalizing for the sake of money versus legalizing because it is the right thing to do.

16. Beck is doing a hell of a lot more than many in the media are doing. The fact that he merely calls for a dialogue on the topic is huge. El Paso city council suggested the same thing take place in an effort to curb cartel violence and they were met with threats from the U.S. congress that they'd be shut out from financial backing if they were merely to have a CONVERSATION about de-crim in El Paso. Glenn Beck may be over the top and come off as a whacko on occasion, but you have to give him credit here. Don't confuse conservative political ideology for the B.S. that the "Conservative movement" calls conservative policy. The two couldn't be further apart. Beck is doing the right thing as a jornalist and calling for true dialogue. He's trying to maintain some sense of objectivity, -although it comes off pretty weird, admittedly. ;)