I barely used nutes and it worked great

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 20fan, Jan 13, 2008.

1. I've only been growing a little over a year. I grow for myself only. When I 1st started out, I had all the right stuff. I paid huge $'s for dirt. That Fox Farm shit is expensive. I got all the stuff people told me I needed. Well I decided to try something different.

I went to Menards and got a big bale of Premier Peat moss. It cost under $10. I mixed in about 20-25% perlite in a 4 gal. pot. I vegged her for 7 weeks, and during that time I gave her fox farm big bloom and grow big, full strength, 2 x's. (3rd & 5th wk of veg). I put her in flower (1000w hps) & gave her big bloom and Tiger bloom, full strength, in week 2 and wk. 4 of flower. I only used distilled water, and I guess you can judge for yourself how it worked. I never had 1 issue with this plant. nute burn,etc. She stayed perfectly healthy.

I just cut back the leaves. I'll be harvesting the top 1/2 in a few days. She looks sugar coated and healthier than the last Hindu I harvested. Doesn't appear that I lost very much yield either.

CIMG1116.jpg

2. Glad to hear that nutes made a difference!

How tall are those plants?

3. Yeah Just goes to show ya that spending Tons of money and spending Less money can produce a very similar outcome. I like Fox Farm soil and Nutrients they work great and save time. But over the years I have learned to build my own soil and brew my own Nutrient teas and I find the results much more satisfactory. So keep up the good work and master your own style when you are true to yourself it shows in your grows!

4. She's only 2 1/2 ft. I should get a couple of oz. from her. My main strain is Jack Herer. they grow like mad. I've got a Sweet Tooth also. I'm trading a clone of the sweet for a Sensi Star clone soon. Can't wait, I love the star.

5. looks great mate;)
    just shows if you get the feeding balance right & dont overfeed with nutes the results are fantastic:D its just finding that balance. you've defo found it:cool:

nice grow mate, enjoy:smoking: