Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I barely get buzzed after smoking a joint or a blunt

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Mimic, Feb 23, 2019.

1. I've been smoking for over five years. Within the past 2 years, my high attained from smoking joints & blunts has been massively reduced. I've ruled out issues such as my tolerance level (I've taken multi-day breaks before smoking one), the quality of the weed (top shelf & it gets me absolutely stoned through a bong), my technique (I inhale, I hold my breath, I take large hits, I'm around other seasoned smokers who I've asked about this), or how much of it I actually smoke.

Perfect example, last night I had a two gram swisher that I smoked the entirety of over the course of 20 or so minutes while hot-boxing in my car. I came back in, moderately high, and smoked a single 1/10th gram bowl through my bong, which doubled my high almost immediately. 3 more same sized bowls and I was absolutely blazed.

I haven't been able to find anyone or even hear about anyone who also has this problem. I'm not so much looking for advice on how to smoke correctly as I am looking for anyone else who has experienced this anomaly too.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Get a half ounce, smoke it through a bong, the whole thing, through out one day. Smoke yourself straight. Wait about 2-3 days before you smoke again. should only take you 2-3 hits after that to be good to go.
    36 year smoker and I did this 3 years ago. Been good to go after 3 hits since. Just my experience, others may differ.

3. [​IMG]
    “How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible,

whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?” ― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Sign of Four

Take a holiday for your Tolerance sake!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alternate your consumption methods, but are you sure you're really hitting that shit deep? Should be at least a gram to your dome. Usually this works when everything else doesn't. Are you breathing in air while still holding your hit and filling your lungs up hitting that shit?

What kind of weed you got?

5. While I enjoy the occasional joint once in a blue moon, I make it a practice to switch up strains and ways of consuming cannabis.

I also do not hold my weed in like I used to (3 seconds max) . Found an interesting study that it actually can kill reduce the effects, too lazy to post it. People who claim it gets them more ripped fail to realize that you are just depriving your brain of oxygen and holding in all of those carcinogens which give that "increase in high". To each their own i guess.

Just try other ways of consuming cannabis or take a break..

6. Right now its Sherbert, but the same has gone on for every strain I've had for at least two years. I hit only the blunt, no outside air. I can take hits big enough to rival a bong. I've tried holding it in more or less than a couple seconds and neither makes a difference. I've taken up to week's holiday off from smoking and while that makes the high better, its still no where near a bong hit. I feel like even if I had absolutely no idea how to smoke a blunt, I should still get stoned sitting in a car circulating 2gs of smoke for 20 minutes. Switching up consumption methods is a good shout, my brain could just be used to hitting a bong 90% of the time (if that is a legitimate issue)

• Like Like x 1
  7. When I don't use the vape for awhile it seems to get me really high, but if I only use it, it seems to kinda dull. I switch between bong hits, vape and J's.

Another user mentioned to switch the strain too and I agree that it seems to help.

Maybe you should try taking omega 3's? @Storm Crow has posted about how they can help if your cannabinoid receptors need to be "reset".

Smoking Cannabis linked to depression

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks for all the advice! I'll give it all a go: I'm going to switch up my consumption methods, start taking omega 3, take another weeks break, get a different strain, and try again. I tend to only roll one up on the holidays so using this method more often could help. If it doesn't work, its not a big deal because I've been doing just fine without them for years - it just would be really cool if I didn't have to lug a bong around with me :p

9. I agree with what these guys say switch strains and consumption methods. My wife n I had troubles 2 weeks ago with weed not hittin us hard enough at night to fall asleep. Switched strains and bumped the temp up on vaporizer n was good to go.

10. I can barely get high anymore either, maybe it's something in the water

• Like Like x 1
  11. its your tolerance. all these people have crazy methods of getting that high back but i can almost guarantee its your tolerance.

you mentioned taking a few days off, but if you smoke as much as you say you do, you should really be taking weeks off, or even a month or so.

12. I think you get used to being high so much that you don't notice it anymore... u need to forget how high feels (maybe a month) then smoke again.