I am such a NOOB!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by newbhydrogrower, Mar 5, 2010.

1. So I started LSt'n and during the process I was adjusting a light... it falls down so I bend over to replace it and I see that I bent a Branch!! :( :( Wow I was sooo pissed.. it did not break completly just bent and now is just hanging down, so I grabbed some string and elevated it to where it was before. The really sad part is that it was a really nice branch that was growing really well.. Will it survive?>? or should I cut and produce clones.. I almost cryed :(.
    Anyone with advice on what to do please enlighten me..thanks all. :confused:

2. You rotten bastard. LOL.
    Weed is one of the coolest plants in the kingdom.
    They are more tough than u think.
    I think what you have done will help.
    Id also wrap the booboo with tape and a small splint.
    In a weeks time it will be all better, and will have formed
    a "knuckle" where the damage was. Good luck.
    Cheers.
    :smoking:

3. Basically what you've just done is accidentally super-cropped it. I was trying to super crop a branch on purpose and I accidentally broke it completely!!! It was just barely hangin on by a little bit. It slowed the branch down for a few days, but then it was back stronger than ever so I think you'll be fine. If anything you've probably actually helped your yield a bit. Just be a little more careful man, you might not always get so lucky!!!!:eek:

In fact, here's the branch that I broke. You can see how it is turned downward a little bit because I just left it hanging how it was. (the weird yellow thing in the pic is a twisty-tie that I'm using to help tie it down)

[​IMG]

4. I would leave it alone. If the string gives it support it will be fine. I have snapped a branch before and tied it back up and the plant healed itself by making a big knot where the break was. A simple bend should be fine

5. it'll probably bounce back - they do amazing things when not fully broken off.

6. LOL I know, I know.. :) wow good to hear that they are so forgiving!
    That is kool the knuckle that basiclly is punching you back.. I need a knuckle sandwich so I hope it grows one haha.
    Thats for the input.:)

7. Wow thank you for that picture and the healing story! I feel much better I just hope my six girl's are as tough as they smell! Nice super cropped? I love learning new things about Mary, (don't think I will purposely super-crop, too scarey!) Helping the yield via super crop, that is great news and I will be a bit more careful next time. :D
    Thanks again.

8. Evenmore assurance of a great recovery! I will be looking forward to their further developement of them. *crosses fingers*
    Thanks for the reply.

9. More good news! I can't wait to see how amazing :)
    Thanks for the reply.