I am so sick of this government

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by aqua23, Feb 27, 2009.

1. They release rapists and murderers out on parole, yet keep simple cannabis possesors behind bars. This is just SICKENING!

This is only ONE example:
    http://www.wlbt.com/Global/story.asp?S=9906504&nav=2CSf
    Parole granted to murderer, rapist

JACKSON, MS (WLBT) - The man who raped, tortured and murdered an Ole Miss co-ed in 1986 has been approved for parole.
    The family of the victim, Jean Elizabeth Gillies, traveled to Jackson in January for the parole hearing. It was the 7th time in 11 years Douglas Hodgkin was up for parole.
    Hodgkin was convicted in 1987. Retired oxford police chief Steve Bramlett called the murder "the most heinous crime" he had ever seen.
    Hodgkins was sentenced to life in prison. But back then, that meant he only had to serve 10 years before he was eligible for parole.
    Bill Gillies, the victim's brother, told us, "That day he received more mercy than my sister did. But unfortunately the way the law was written at that time life was not life."
    The victim's family has received unofficial notification of Hodgkin's parole from Department of Corrections and the state parole board. They say they are "appalled and disgusted" by the decision.

2. Believe me man, I agree. I'm moving to a difference country in about 10 years.

3. Thats stupid...but this is why we got AB 390 in the works :)

4. Hey,
    I totally agree. Its kinda interesting that both sides of the politcal parties in America have their weed smokers. I am a conservative, but I feel that marijuana should be legalized. I have bad anxiety problems, and I enjoy weed in general. I see nothing wrong with it, and there are many more drugs that need to be fought that are not getting the sufficiant funding to be fought due to the governments fixation on weed.
    I really think Its coming though, the legalization. Hopefully!:)

5. I saw on the news where there are 80 sex offenders in a 5-mile radius where that 8-yr old Sandra Cantu went missing from. WTF? How the hell does this happen? The government wants me to be okay with 80 sex offenders living amongst children, but people who want to have an illegal plant have to sit in jail?I'm totally disgusted.

I just checked. There are 40 sex offenders in my city of a pop. of 25,000...just sickening!There is something REALLY wrong with America

6. if theres not an all-out revelution in this country in the next 10 years, I'm leaving. I have lost nearly all hope in America.

7. Haven't you realized by now that you can make stats say whatever you want? The DEA LOVES to spout out about how many people go into rehab for MJ, but of course leave out how most of it is mandatory sentencing so people get off better in the courts. It's the same w/ many of these 'sex offenders'. There are some pervs out there, but many on that list have done things that many would not think would put you on there. I have learned to take statistics with a grain of salt. And no, I'm not on any list or anything, just saying.

8. It's fucked up the way it is.:mad:

9. same here.

10. Yup. I'm gonna end up in Canada if this shit doesn't stop soon.

Canada is a hell of a lot better, anyway. A bit colder, but, that's fine.

11. iriec, oh yes, I realize all that. But regardless, it just goes to show how f*d up our system is. It's quite ridiculous, and I'm sure you agree...

12. What you fail to realize is many of your sex offenders really committed no sex crime at all...did you know, if you get caught pissing in an alley or on a backroad, that that is indescent exposure and that is a sex crime? They really need to overhaul the sex offender list. So many people on that list that should not be.

Example....my son is 20 and on the sex offender list for a so-called 'crime' he committed when he was 12. He grabbed a girl's ass in school. He was convicted of csc of a child under 13...yet, he was under 13, too...The only crime that carries over from juvenile to adult is a sex crime. Usually when you turn 18, your juvenile record is no longer an issue...unless you have a sex crime...my son has to register as a sex offender 4 times a year until he is almost 40 yrs old...25 yrs...until then, he can not join the forces(army, Navy, etc), he can not work in or near any schools, he cant coach any kids sports, cant be associated with boyscouts or anything like that..and whenever he applies for a job, he has to tell them he is on the registry.

Also, how many 18 and 19 yr olds do you think are on there for being with girls who LIED about their age? Lot more than you would think...

13. we need to rethink our entire penal system...

14. Truth. You can get put on that sex offenders list for getting it on with your boyfriend/girlfriend in your car in the middle of nowhere. It doesn't matter if it is 3 A.M. and you are 300 miles away from any kind of civilization if you are busted by the cops fooling around with your partner in your car you are a sex offender.

15. imcherokeeangel,
    yes I know all of this! The point is...if the government is labeling these people "sex offenders" and making them register, and all that shit , they're claiming them to be "bad". But they are still "sex offenders" to to the government, along with the TRUE sex offenders. Got me? They are classifying them TOGETHER as sicko-pervs. Even with these labels, they allow them out into the community, even though they may strike again.

My point is that the government's justice system is GARBAGE. But I'm not worried about those people pissing in an alley, or a 18 yr old having sex with his 15 yr old girlfriend. I'm worried about the REAL rapists, child molestors, etc. I can see when I look at these registered offenderd in my area, what their crimes were. Only 2-3 of those crimes out of like 40 weren't that bad in my opinion, to be called a sex offender and need to register for all to see. But the others are!

16. THAT is TRUE bullshit right there...so is there anyway he can fight it now to get it removed from his record? SICKENING...that's what the government is!:mad:

17. That's my point! They're bundling them all together on one list...and YES! You SHOULD be worried about the REAL rapists and murderers and what not...but HOW can you tell them apart??

Like my son....he is accused of 'criminal sexual misconduct with a child under the age of 13'....HE WAS '12' AND GRABBED A GIRL'S BUTT IN SCHOOL! He, himself was UNDER 13! The sex offenders list doesn't say THAT...so if he was on the list that you are looking at in your area, you would look at that and think he is a pedophile!

you say... "Only 2-3 of those crimes out of like 40 weren't that bad in my opinion, to be called a sex offender and need to register for all to see. But the others are!"

Like I said...how many on there were 18 yr old boys who got caught with a younger girl who lied about their age??? I bet there's many on the list you're looking at. It happens every day...And how many are stupid juvenile records that carried over into their adult hood...cause sex offenses don't get wiped off when they turn 18!

You think you can tell them apart by the 'label' they're given on the list...'indescent exposure'....could be some perv flashing his dick to little kids as they walk by....OR MAYBE...it was someone pissing on a sideroad cause they couldn't hold it until they got home...

'CSC' criminal sexual misconduct...I already gave you an example of that with my son...it may even list their offense as having committed a crime against a child, but they may have been a child, themselves...or been 18 and their gf was 16 and her PARENTS pushed the issue.

And then, you also have those who have been falsley accused, can't afford a lawyer, and gave in to a plea agreement in fear of going to prison for the rest of their life...if you take a plea bargain, they LOWER the charge, but still make it a sex offense and, they're told...if you plea bargain, you'll get 5 yrs probation and have to register for 25 years....but, if you fight it and LOSE, you're going to prison for 25 yrs....many, many plea bargains on that list.

I guess until you've BEEN through the system, or have an innocent relative who ends up on that list, you will never think differently than what you do now....

18. Gotta have money for a lawyer before he can do anything. He's havin hell just finding a job because he has to report to every potential job that he is a sex offender. He even tried to join the National Guard...they won't take him unless he can get it cleared first. Now he's scared to even get a student loan to go to college because he may spend all kindsa money on college and then not be able to get a job even then...

19. yea its fucked up

it sickens me that people think they're "free" here. we're far from it guys. open your eyes

americans act like their all high n mighty, when really we're a horrible country, we go into other countries and tear down democratic governments, prop up some dictator, and leave as the people continue to revolt. we've been doin it forever. nicaragua is jus one example.

people in america are so misled...its not even funny. when you read news thats not from an american news monopoly, its beyond different than what you read here.

your government is lying to you, it always has, and probably always will