i am going to die.

Discussion in 'General' started by kalamitous K, Nov 25, 2011.

1. A hero doesnt wait to be told what to do.

Find something that gives you fulfillment, and do it.

2. Dieing a hero doesn't matter, unless you believe in some sort of afterlife.

3. I'd prefer to die a very old coward;)

4. A hero might not want to be told what to do, but if a hero is not told what to do at some point then they will not know what they can do to change the world.

Take knights from the middle ages. They were told how to fight, taught, how to fight. They were told, what to do in battle, where to go, and when to stop and rest.

After so long they knew it by heart. And even before the didn't, they would come back into town as heros.

5. OP, are you seriously talking about being a hero? WTF? Why can't you be satisfied with knowing you meant something to other people like you're family or future partner. Live life and be happy, why the hell do you want to be a super hero?

6. If you can't find solace and pride in what you've done in your life go out and change it! only you and you alone can shape your life no amount of nagging or therapy will every force you to do whats right YOU have to conciously make the sacrifice to keep peace with yourself. If you are unhappy do something about it, it doesn't have to be extreme or anything just do something that brings you selfless gratification.

Also if you're in the "hero" role for the respect and repetoire alone you're doing it for the wrong reasons. You should do the right things because you know whats right and wrong in your heart and feel conviction when you break that code, not for glory or to be rememberd. Do you think any of our great modern heroes were worried about being remembered 100 years from now? Hell no they are in the moment trying to better the world they exist in you should follow suit. Being a hero doesn't mean you have to die fighting a war or stopping a bank robbery you can be a hero to those close to you everyday by just doing the little things and lifting people up.,

7. If your set on the fact that your going to die by the time you reach a certain age, get that outta your head. No one knows when their time is up. You talk about being a hero, but a hero to who? Thats what matters. Live your life and have no regrets, do what you love cause tommorrow aint promised.

8. #49 chambs1, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2011
    You're fitness is in your own hands. Genetics have absolutely nothing to do with it. All that talk about how guys like Arnold Schwarzenegger got that way because they were gifted is bullshit- they got there through hard work and perseverance. I'm adopted and though no one really knows who the sperm donor was, my birth mother was severely overweight. Everyone on her side of the family was overweight. I was 26 years old, drinking a lot, sitting on my ass playing video games and eating junk food like a cross-country truck driver, then one day when I was high I just had this epiphany like, "what the fuck am I doing?". I pretty much started the next day changing everything that was wrong with my physical well-being and now a year later I am 80 lbs. lighter and am doing my first bodybuilding show in May of 2012. You can change it- it comes from the mind, not from the DNA. You've already made the first step- realizing what you're doing wrong- and that is more than most people will ever make. The vast majority of the American population is obese and is satisfied with it because that's just the way it is, that's the cards they've been dealt. You're dissatisfied- that is the first and most important step. Don't be a sheep, you can be a hero, even if only in your own mind. Some people will love you, and some will hate you- that's life, all that matters when you put your head down on the pillow each night before you go to sleep is what you think of yourself. Be your own hero.

9. Sure. But like it or not genetics play a pretty large role in someones health.

10. [​IMG]
    REMEMBER ME!!!

Stop whining. Life is banal and all together without meaning. We all lead lives of existential isolation; we are alone forever until we whiter and die and then there is nothingness. But still there is a reason to stay in the game, there is a reason to, as HST would say "Buy the ticket, take the ride." And that reason is that we only live but once and when we're dead we're done, so let the good times roll.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukrJzc69gI0&feature=related"]B.B. King - Let the good times roll - YouTube[/ame]

11. Nice. I like that.

I dont know what you guys are talking about im never gonna die. Im just gonna be stoned for all eternity!

12. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhGKwo6-lCE&feature=related]Carl Sagan - The Pale Blue Dot - YouTube[/ame]

You are one in countless.

13. I dont know what your talking about

14. The ultimate American paranoiac fantasy is that of an individual living in a small idyllic Californian city, a consumerist paradise, who suddenly starts to suspect that the world he lives in is a fake, a spectacle staged to convince him that he lives in a real world, while all people around him are effectively actors and extras in a gigantic show. The most recent example of this is Peter Weir's The Truman Show (1998), with Jim Carrey playing the small town clerk who gradually discovers the truth that he is the hero of a 24-hours permanent TV show: his hometown is constructed on a gigantic studio set, with cameras following him permanently. Among its predecessors, it is worth mentioning Philip Dick's Time Out of Joint (1959), in which a hero living a modest daily life in a small idyllic Californian city of the late 50s, gradually discovers that the whole town is a fake staged to keep him satisfied... The underlying experience of Time Out of Joint and of The Truman Show is that the late capitalist consumerist Californian paradise is, in its very hyper-reality, in a way IRREAL, substanceless, deprived of the material inertia.

15. what are you getting at

16. 7 billion not 8

17. i don't fuckin know. i'm baked.

18. Hero? Don't flatter yourself. You have to do something heroic to die a hero, like save a child from the top floor of a burning building, or cure cancer. But as you said that you don't exercise enough, you're too out of shape for the former, and were you to achieve the latter, you wouldn't be posting about your mortality on some internet marijuana forum, so settle for mediocrity. I know I have.

19. Didn't read the whole thread, but I'll tell you what man. We're all going to die and when we do we will have only had the amount of time that we had. It doesn't really matter how old you are when you go, it matters whether or not you fulfilled yourself.

Find out what your passions are, your talents, your loves. Everyone has something even if they don't know it. Find yours and go for it.

A hero is never someone who chooses to be one, it's a person who does what has to be done when it has to be done.

What you need to do right now is find that which fulfills you, be it a career, a hobby, work, school or public service. This is how you will be a "hero", by doing what you were meant to do. Becoming that which you were meant to become.

There are a lot of famous people who died an early death, what makes you different from them? The fact that they didn't let death stop them from doing that which they were meant to do, what fulfilled them.

Now on a side note, if you have a history of heart disease in your family then take the precausions. This isn't 1844, we know a lot more about health and medicine. Start excersizing regularly and eating heart-healthy foods. There is no reason why you should resign yourself to an early death for no reason.

Live your life, like you said, you could be hit by a bus tomorrow... or you could live to 105, either way if you're doing what fulfills you as a person it won't be a wasted life.