i am going to die.

Discussion in 'General' started by kalamitous K, Nov 25, 2011.

1. let me start by saying i've probably played too many video games, and probably never exercised enough. anonymity has always been a crushing concept to me. how can one die, without dying a hero? it's a question that's always haunted me, and the realization that i'm not the hero is probably the hardest one i've ever arrived at.

my life may already be half over. i'm 23, male, and up until tonight, i've always thought in the back of my mind that i could die the hero. the hero is an archtype, and probably the most noble one. the hero's death means a better world for the supporting characters in the hero's life, and everyone mourns, but eventually live happily ever after, right?

i visited my grandma the other night, and she casually remarked to me how much i resemble so and so, and every other man from her mother's side of the family. "neat" i thought, i actually have some tangible roots to learn about. my dad was an absent father, and consequently that entire half of my family is a complete mystery to me.

i told my mom this tonight at dinner. she ever so casually remarked how they all had massive heart attacks and died in their 40's. they were all tall(ish) like i am, have/had asthm like i do, and carried most of their stubborn weight on their bellies, like me.

so not only is my stubborn belly fat, which i've battled against my entire life genetic, but also asthma, heart attacks, and dying young. they weren't an indolent folk, most worked the land on farms.

is it possible that my life is already half over? what's the use of anything now, if i can't die the hero, but the weak hearted, weak bodied person i've been cursed with being born as? i'm suddenly lost, blades. i feel like there's nothing worth doing anymore, because my life may be so short. i know i could get hit by a bus tomorrow, it's always lingered in the back of my mind, but there's always been an equal chance that i won't. what can i do, how can i be the hero, when i dont even want to live long enough to die anymore?

this is by no means any type of plea for baws, nor is it any kind of suicide note. i'm not high, drunk, or tired enough to be delirious.i'm genuinely lost, more now than ever, and need any kind of direction i can get.

-kasper

2. Die a hero? You're not fuckin mermaid man, just exercise and eat healthy. You'll die when It's your time.

3. Was there anything unhealthy that they did specifically?

Whether it be a unhealthy and fattening diet, smoking cigarettes, drinking to much alcohol? Whatever, if theres anything they did that you can avoid.

On my moms side, everyone's died from aneurysms, or cancer. Turns they all had extremely unhealthy diets, like, eggs and bacon everyday, and most of them either smoked, or drank tons of alcohol. One of them who died of cancer we think actually got it from welding machines without a mask on.

Turns out it was just all shit I could prevent.

I honestly don't know what to tell you about getting remembered after death. Doing something very memorable isn't easy. Honestly, I think if you had a wife and kids, you wouldn't worry so much about being remembered by the masses after death.

4. I'm a pretty glum guy and I'm not going to give you some bullshit to make you feel better.

We recently reached 8 billion people on the surface of this planet.

How many people will be remembered as a hero? Can you think of 1 billion? 1000? 100?

I didn't think so. A very minute amount of people will be considered as "hero's".

Just do want you want to do in life. Build cars, support legalization of marijuana, whatever the fuck you want to do. Live life how you want and don't give a fuck about what anyone else thinks.

5. this isnt some feelgood sunshine and unicorns twilight bullshit. at the sum of our lives, we become less and less a person, and more and more of an idea. i cant deal with the idea of having lived an unheroic life. to me, it makes my entire existence more meaningless than ever. thats my real concern in all of this. how can i live a heroic, personally meaningful life, when it could end so suddenly, and so soon? if you were told you were going to die tomorrow, what would you think about? now prolong that thinking another 23 years. i can't just turn my brain off. the thought train express never stops at the platform.

6. quit yer snivelin'

You think you're gonna die in 23 years and thats bothering you now?

I'm 53 and probably won't make it another 23 years so, there!

Smoke a joint, get some liquor and some pussy. It'll give you a whole new outlook on life:)

7. [quote name='"kalamitous K"']this isnt some feelgood sunshine and unicorns twilight bullshit. at the sum of our lives, we become less and less a person, and more and more of an idea. i cant deal with the idea of having lived an unheroic life. to me, it makes my entire existence more meaningless than ever. thats my real concern in all of this. how can i live a heroic, personally meaningful life, when it could end so suddenly, and so soon? if you were told you were going to die tomorrow, what would you think about? now prolong that thinking another 23 years. i can't just turn my brain off. the thought train express never stops at the platform.[/quote]

if you want to be heroic then don't whine about death when you could be spending your time doing whatever-the-fuck.

Just fucking work through life, you don't know what's going to happen, so don't go jumping to conclusions when you're twenty fucking three...

8. If I was told I was going to die tomorrow. I would say goodby to my whole family. Then go on the best drug binge ever.

Fuck being a hero, for all intents and purposes, theres no majorly heroic deeds to even do.

9. If you are afraid of dieing a nobody.. WHy dont you pick something you are good at, and go for it... You only live once

10. If you want to die a hero, you have to live like one. The truth is, most people aren't heroes. Most people are just a shit stain on the face of the Earth. They might be nice people and all but at the end of the day, they aren't going to be remembered outside of their family and they may as well have never existed to the rest of the world.

I doubt any heroes ever set out with a goal in mind to become heroes, this isn't fucking Pokemon. Just do what you think is right and don't let anything stop you.

11. The thing is that even if you think that you will die around 40 years old there are circumstances in the world that wouldn't let you live for that long. |We are all a function of our environment and it's going to get FUCKED in a very short time. It's already happening in a smaller scale. But you shouldn't be scared. Physical death is a new beginning, you will see ;). Just keep toking and enjoying life.

12. no heroes set out with the goal of being heroic (aside from alexander and don quixote and d'artagnon) because theyre written within the monomyth to be gradually sympathetic, predictable characters. everyone already knows alexander conquered most of the known world, d'artagnon becomes a musketeer, and frodo gets the ring to mordor. but theyre not real. they dont think, and they don't die before they reach their goals (except alexander) what do we as humans do, knowing the possibility exists that we dont make it to mordor, become a musketeer, or die in a meaningful way?

to say we each "have our time" is to say that life is no longer a series of intersecting occurances, but rather a finite space we inhabit, with finite possibilities. how do i deal with the concept of my own mortality, given that the possibility is suddenly so tangible? it's so easy to say quit your sniveling and dont think about it, or just do it, but how abstract is that? how much more empty can life be?

has anyone really taken the time to contemplate the nature of living heroically? or have we lost such a concept to meaningless catch phrases and soundbytes?

13. I get it, you want to do something heroic so people remember you.

But seriously, the fuck are you going to do. Slay a dragon?

14. bust a nut and post the video online. People would know you.

15. Yeah stop all this "I'm going to die young" shit.

Your body is yours to control, not your ancestors. Like the first guy to reply said, you can live a long and happy life if you decide to start working out and eating healthily, perhaps that news about the heart-attacks etc was a wake-up call?

16. With today's technology and medicine I bet you can extend your life by a lot. Hell we might have things to make us live long in our lifetime.

17. #17 Luvs2splooj, Nov 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2011
    I always figured that If I was winding down to the end of my life and I didnt have much to lose I would go out trying to fix something MAJOR.

One person can change a lot of things wrong with this country if they use their mind to devise a semi-foolproof and WELL thought out plan. Its all about finding the people at the source of the problem.

I've said too much
    [​IMG]

18. dude, you have a brain right? Seems like it according to your post.So use your incredible brain to change!! Don't want to sound sarcastic, but get a grip on yourself, you're 23 , you have you whole fucking live ahead of you. Genetics can say shit about you, living up to your fears is a self fulfilling prophecy.

You can change you know that, get your but up walking ,go outside, start exercising , read about healthy lifestyle and power foods. Jeesus your'e 23, stop that BS about being a hero , just try to live your life the best way in your means, that's hard enough . Life is precious so act on it. In a year time you could be a different man if you act upon it. But you'll have to act, your six pack will not grow on ya!

Good luck

Peace

SJ

19. Wow sj posted in your thread that alone makes you somewhat of a hero

20. I do not really have anything to say except no sympathy, Why lay blame, You make your own life