I am going away, and when I come out my freedoms will be limited

Discussion in 'General' started by TeSupo, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Is there no hope for the trial? If there's ANY you have to go to trial man. It would save your entire life...you are innocent until proven guilty...they need to present a burden of proof. If you could get any shred...ANY SHRED of evidence to prove it wasnt your yay and/or you didnt know it was yay, the case could be well in your favor already. I know it would be a huge risk, but there are risks with serving time anyways (family, gf, work, etc.) especially for a crime you didn't commit when your life was working out. Just an opinion.

2. affiliate yourselfe with whites. try to get a job if they offer one. try to keep a low profile.

3. Yea if they havent found you guilty yet then plea innocent dont take any of their bargons that only means they dont have alot on you.

4. Wow, I'd go nuts if I was locked up for something I didn't do. Even only for 18 months. Someone would pay...

Best of luck bro. I wish I could say something more uplifting. But, just know that you have the thoughts of thousands behind you. I'm sorry this is happening. :(

5. I think that I would risk the trial. It may be a gamble. You plea, you do 18 months. You go to trial, you win, no time, you lose, 30 months.
    Weigh your options, talk to your gf, and parents.
    If your aquaintence has arleady gone down, then he should have no reason Not to at least try and help you. I think your chances at trial are pretty good.

6. Thanks for the comments guys, and support and it does bring me up a bit cause today was one of the worse days I had in court oh and I forgot to say this..

turns out that my friend that Ive been talking to over this whole period has been a informant, he would always ask me how my court is going and always joke saying you got kilo's and shit like that and was always like no man, and stop kidding about stuff like this, my case is still open.

my lawyer was able to get info on the informant and I was just shocked. he never incriminated me because I never said anything back to him but there was enough stuff said to effect the DA's decision and what my lawyer calls knowing the "culture" which will effect trial as well.

we are going over some trial strategies in this week and next week but right now they are estimating a 60-70% failure if we goto trial right now, we need to get some more info from the other defendants..

He told me today, the lawyer. " for my own son or brother I would not risk trial at this point" brought me down a lot but ill see what happens and what they want, what they really want is just a prison prior so I don't see why they don't just give me two years, then you get half time and that is 1 year, even though I don't want to plea on that just due to the fact that I am innocent is a hard one to bite.

7. Christ man. This is a fucking travesty, whats happening to you. I can only wish you the best of luck, and promise that the next bowl I toke will be for you.

8. If I wasn't guilty I would never say I was. They could threaten me with life, and I would say no. I hate being accused of stuff that I really didn't do. If I were you and the verdict came back guilty I would make a scene. I would make sure I did something for them to give me 2 years.

9. Thanks Chicken, I mean you no disrespect and you are right in they will eventually get you in a traffic stop or so. But they will not activly seek anyone. They wait for you to slip up.

Even if you get caught in AK for misdi. AK will not pay to send you to Oregan for meth dis/manu/and illuding( I know:)) NOR will OR come get you. I've managed to get back to my home. I don't drive.

You say knowledge of a culture was bad?

We finally got a law that punishes for knowledge? Oh it's time! Revo....

10. If u run they may or may not catch u, but more than likely they will catch u, and by the time they catch u u would have probably been out of state prison by that time, so my advice is just go and get it over with states not that bad (better than county) and if u go the best advice I can give is never let anyone push u around, if they think ur a push over, they will take advantage of u. stand ur ground and don't let anyone intimidate u. its not as bad as what u hear. time goes quick Good Luck