I am getting a 360 for Christmas!

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by TangyLaugh, Dec 21, 2012.

1. What games would you recommend? Any tips? I would much rather have a ps3 but I am not complaining because an xbox will be my first REAL console! I have my pc and all but you can't play Halo 4 on pc... What can I do with it and how do I take care of it? These questions are pretty vague but I am just looking for conversation soo if you have anything you want to say please post! Thanks guys :) ~Tangy :smoking:

2. The cabella games are the best shooters on the console. Very well the best of the generation as a whole, actually.

Caring for the console takes very little work. Each night when you're done playing disconnect all the cables and wrap them up, and put the 360 back in it's box. Simple stuff yo

3. I would hate having to put it away every night lol.

4. Its really easy to take care of. Just make sure you pour a glass of water on it every night before you go to bed. Your welcome in advance.

5. Don't fuck up your disc reader or discs.

As soon as you get a new game, download it to the hard drive so you can play it if it gets cracked...
    Keep it well ventilated and make sure it's not too heated
    Protect game discs.

Don't take it apart (the console) if it breaks. If its still under warranty and you send it in for a replacement, Microsoft wont accept it if it appears "tampered with"

6. I wrap mine up in a blanket when I play so no dust gets sucked in

7. Take out the wires? Cabellas ore the best shooters? Lollllll

Leave it plugged in. If you see dust accumulating by the fan ports blow that shit out.

Get halo 4, call of duty, gears and oblivion and maybe another controller and you will be straight.

8. #8 Blinkk, Dec 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2012
    Don't feed what was hopefully a troll.

OT:

Xbox 360 - As was already said, if you get any games you really like, download em to the hard drive.
    What you're gonna need - Extra controller or two, or three :p CoD, Halo, GoW, Oblivion or Skyrim, NHL 13 :) Make sure you keep it in an open area, I'm on my 6th xbox :p (I hate slims though)

9. I stick the nozzle of WD40 into my console and give it a couple sprays here and there to keep the stuff running smoothly. I suggest investing in a pressure washer and opening the console every couple weeks or so and spraying off all that dust. Don't forget to let it dry off for about 30 minutes in the sun or a well heated area or you could run the risk of damaging hardware and Microsoft won't cover that.

10. I should have expected so many trolls :p but yeah thanks for the game suggestions and what not :D ~Tangy

11. Unplug it every time your done.. Hahaha
    I leave my shit on for days at a time

12. Wouldn't the ports wear out from constantly being plugged and unplugged?

13. Nhl 13, Vegas 2, halo 4, gears 1 and 3, forza horizon

14. To care for your xbox 360:
    -Keep the Xbox horizontal and on something off the carpet
    -Blow dust out of the air vents
    -Install discs to your hard drive minimizing rotation of the disc (more components moving)
    -Keep it at around room temp or slightly cooler
    -Never remove your hard drive/power cord until the console is completely powered off

Suggested games:
    Gears of war 1,2,3
    Bioshock
    Oblivion
    Skyrim
    Call of duty modern warfare
    Battlefield
    Rainbowsix Vegas 2
    Halo 4
    Red Dead Redemption
    Left4dead
    Assassins creed
    Orange Box
    Saints row
    Fallout 3
    Mirrors edge
    Mass effect
    Dead space
    Borderlands

Sorry I was a dick earlier, I was drunk

15. Modern Warfare 2. Fuck what anybody else says. It'll piss you te fuck off tho. It's worth it tho

16. [quote name='"Omega369"']To care for your xbox 360:
    -Keep the Xbox horizontal and on something off the carpet
    -Blow dust out of the air vents
    -Install discs to your hard drive minimizing rotation of the disc (more components moving)
    -Keep it at around room temp or slightly cooler
    -Never remove your hard drive/power cord until the console is completely powered off

Suggested games:
    Gears of war 1,2,3
    Bioshock
    Oblivion
    Skyrim
    Call of duty modern warfare
    Battlefield
    Rainbowsix Vegas 2
    Halo 4
    Red Dead Redemption
    Left4dead
    Assassins creed
    Orange Box
    Saints row
    Fallout 3
    Mirrors edge
    Mass effect
    Dead space
    Borderlands

Sorry I was a dick earlier, I was drunk[/quote]

Keep it vertical if you aren't clumsy. Allows much better air flow.

17. I should have elaborated on this. He is right

I've had far too many encounters with people/animals/stuff knocking over my console and chewing up my disc.

Onetime my friend brought his cat over and it knocked it off the table

18. [quote name='"paperplanes11"']

Halo4, FIFA(even if you hate soccer it's a good game), gears of war, Skyrim, borderlands 2, assassins creed the new ones. Can't think of any others.

Just don't leave it running all day or don't leave it on when u run out. Pretty much all the problems are taken care of since the 360s are relatively old. Unless u have no luck. But there should be some type of warranty.[/quote]

Edit: oh yea.. NEVER MOVE THE CONSOLE WHEN THERE IS A DISC INSIDE!!! Always make sure to remove your game before you move the Xbox. It will scratch the disc leaving a ring around it leaving it mos likely unplayable

19. Might as well wait till next Christmas for the 720

20. #20 YoSmokinMan, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2012
    ^I was expecting this thread to be from a couple years ago.

The 360 is pretty old man. It's getting near eol.

But it does have a bunch of good games and if you haven't played them.. enjoy. Assassins creed for example is a great series but I'd only play that shit on a nice pc with 360 control, MUCH better graphics.