I AM FREAKING OUT!!! (pics)

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by SlappySalmon, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Soil: FFOF
    Lights: T5's-24/0
    Day: 14 from seed
    Strain: White Widow

I just now purchased a ph test kit because it has shown signs of nute burn/ph screwed up it's whole life and recently developed bronze stripes starting with the older leaves and moving up to the new ones. My tap water ph is over 9 (wtf!?!?). However, it has grown into a beautiful little bush and growth has never really stopped. I flushed it with ph balanced water (run-off was between 6-7) but the bronze stripes keep developing and now it has just begun on my other plant. Any idea what is going on?

Pictures by SlappySalmon - Photobucket

p.s. the leaves that are missing the tips is where I touched them to see how dry and crispy they were and they broke so I just cut off the tip with sterilized scissors.

2. If it's healthy and growing it will be ok as long as you keep the ph 6.5-6.8. The effected leaves will not recover so, watch the new growth for signs improvement or, not....

3. Growing...yes. Healthy....not so much. It was drooping REALLY bad when the bronzing started but that was before I flushed it with ph correct water. In less than 12 hours it had perked up completely and the structure looked amazing and new growth was still coming in (it almost grew into the light overnight!). However, the bronzing kept going. The first set of leaves which first showed the stripes have almost completely shriveled and died off and it continues to spread up the plant. I feel like it's only a matter of time until it reaches the new growth.