I am convinced that no one in the music hall smokes weed

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by cannonrock33, Dec 1, 2010.

1. So many arguments about real music. Nobody gets sarcasm. You people need to chill.

If its not a "real music" thread its a "real hip hop" thread. Chill, smoke, and listen to what you like.

everyone here is so up tight about their music and hating on music that isnt what they like that im surprised that any of you smoke :smoke:

2. This is a weed forum?

Isn't that reefer illegal?

:hide:

3. average thread in the music hall"

Op: hey guys i know this guy is considered a mainstream rapper, but hey this songs pretty good, dudes got skill!

everyone else: HE WILL NEVER BE REAL HIP HOP! SUCH A FAKE GANGSTER! HE WILL NEVER BE LIKE BIG AND PAC! HE HAS NO SKILL! IM NOT EVEN GOING TO LISTEN TO YOUR SONG B.C. IM SO CONVINCED AND UP MY OWN ASS AND I KNOW HE HAS NO SKILL SO HURR DURR!

4. #4 Yourcatdead, Dec 1, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2010

See your misconception is that people don't like their music ONLY because they are mainstream. I like a number of artist that would be considered mainstream. It's just the mainstream seems to host more unskilled rappers, than the underground rapper scene. Thus resulting in hatred of artist of the mainstream.

If you look at it you'll see 50,000 rappers talking about the same shit they have for the last...What, maybe since early 2000s. They talk about the same shit, and it gets old. You may rap fast, but if your lyrics are about the same fuckin thing 14 tracks, on every CD(which would be the same as every other artist) then I don't see that as skill.

5. Smokes what? What are you talking about?

6. but you see plenty of people make the same argument for underground. they all have that boring ass same old flow with boring lyrics that sound like a bunch of words being put together from a thesaurus.

Why dont we stop doing an underground vs mainstream type of mentality and just like music for what it is reguardless of whether its mainstream or underground. i like plenty of mainstream rappers and underground rappers. but i dont choose a side.

7. Well I've chosen I like the underground hip-hop more, just because I found more artist with skill, and more creative. But I will give anything a listen, of any genre. Hell I went to a Taylor Swift concert with my girlfriend a few months back. And I'd rather listen to her than half the shit in the mainstream. Like I said though, I have a few mainstream artist on my iTunes. I just don't see much in the mainstream music like I do underground.

There is a reason their is two classifications.

8. I just dont understand why people care so damn much with hate to the degree to where any other person who does like it is criticized. Including the artist as well, I mean it is over the internet. Some people may think they have a high horse.

9. yea i quit rating songs in the Rate Hip Hop thread because people would get butthurt if you didnt like their song

10. Criticizing others' taste is music is for those who have no real appreciation for music as a creative outlet or form of art. Putting someone down for their taste in music only feeds the ego. Instead of saying 'I hate ____, they suck, anyone who likes them sucks' try saying '____ doesn't do much for me, I prefer to listen to other music.'

11. picture it like this..all hypothetical..say u live in NY and u say its the greatest city in the world fuck everything else blah blah but u never been anywhere else..now how the fuck can u pass that judgement?

if u been around the block, and u know your shit, whos to say u can't drop knowledge as opposed to pure opinion? shit everyone has to listen to someone and make decisions based off other peoples decisions and opinions.

now in terms of rap. since i was a kid i been hearin wayne songs..go dj, block is hot shit, hot boys, cash money millionaire all that, and to me, i never could connect or relate to wayne and i never honestly got into him that much. normally i would keep that to myself, but because every day im told this guys the best, im forced to stand guard and debate.

12. #12 ImWithWhatever, Dec 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2010
    hip hop used to be bout the shit WE don't have, now it's just bout shit they have and i don't

and for those who say im a hater or some shit..fuck outta here..i listen to drake one day Spice-1 the next. i got no problem listenin to mainstream stuff if its good. but if i gotta hear "money cash hoes" over n over, man fuck that.

see the thing with hip hop fans is "on the low dudes is probably eighth graders"
    they dont know who rakim is, they dont know who big daddy kane is, half of em prob dont even know big l is dead!

13. "If I have an opinion that makes me a hater"

14. Because in the end its still a fucking oppinion.

15. so generic.

16. Thanks, but I didn't make up the quote. Some dude who had an opinion in these days of time then got called a hater, made it up. Good lookin though.

17. Arguing about taste is pointless, to me, anyone can listen to whatever they like. I often don't get it, and I think it's pretty shitty that pretty much all of the music I like in any genre doesn't get any plays on tv/radio, but I don't rag on other people for liking whatever tops the charts.

It is pretty annoying/funny that people proclaim a certain artist as "the best" while they've been spoonfed mainstream stuff. I don't hate if you like it, but there's so much other good music if you just dig a little deeper, and if you love music, then there's no excuse for not broadening your horizons.

18. Ya, why can't we all just get along like the lovable stoners we're supposed to be.
    Get real OP. People have opinions, and sometimes they disagree. Some people have more serious opinions because they take the music more seriously. If you're that easy to offend then I feel sorry for you.

19. This is a fucking lawncare forum. Get out of here with that drug use shit.

20. ok so its only an opinion that Rakim is better than Lil B with that logic, right?

exactly.

thank you. cuz its only an opinion right? lol

once again read my sig